Shoutbox

Contacts popups - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contacts popups (/showthread.php?tid=27456)

Contacts popups by Juliemillar on 06-20-2004 at 11:48 PM

[font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=red][b]
8o|
Downloaded MSN Plus and am now unable to use MSN Messenger at all and have had to uninstall from my PC as everyone Messenger is on the contacts box just keeps popping up again and again................
Can anyone help me as i have no msn now...

RE: Contacts popups by CookieRevised on 06-21-2004 at 12:11 AM

It would help if you said exactly what you are doing and exactly was is wrong.

so:
* Does a error message pops up? If so, what is the exact and full error message?
* Do you have Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
* What exact and full version of Messenger are you running (see Help > About Messenger)?
* What exact and full version of Messenger Plus! are you running (see Plus! > About)?
* What is the type and version of your Windows?

* btw, are you sure you ONLY downloaded and installed Messenger Plus! and nothing else????

RE: Contacts popups by Juliemillar on 06-21-2004 at 08:55 AM

I HAD MSN Messenger 6.2 and then downloaded Messenger Plus
The Add a contact page just keeps popping up ALL OF THE TIME so i had to uninstall it all and when I reinstalled MSN Messenger it happened again
So that is what EXACTLY happened..

RE: Contacts popups by CookieRevised on 06-21-2004 at 06:00 PM

You didn't fully answered the questions though.

Anyways, Messenger Plus! doesn't do anything with the add-contact of MSN Messenger. Nothing at all... In fact, Messenger Plus! doesn't use any of those basic functions of MSN Messenger...

So, this can't be a Messenger Plus! problem.

Are you sure you downloaded from the official MSN Messenger site? Are you sure you don't have any virus/trojan/etc. because the add-contact dialog popping up all the time sounds realy like some dodgy virus/trojan...