Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! (/showthread.php?tid=27466)

Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 06-21-2004 at 03:46 AM

New Messenger Plus! Log Viewer version (v0.21 beta 2) available from http://360software.dakotabcn.net/logviewer
Hope you like it :-) :banana:

Changes in this version:

code:
0.21 (June 21, 2004):
- Minor update (forgot to delete temp. files) ;-)

0.2 (June 21, 2004):
- Added Unicode support, finally (though one).
- Logs are now shown in HTML instead of RTF, some parts were completely rewritten (it could
take more memory, but it's more reliable and works much faster with emoticons now).
- Hotkeys are now the following:
    - CTRL+O: open log.
    - CTRL+P: open preferences window.
    - CTRL+F1: open about window.
    - F1: help (for future).
    - ESCAPE: cancels log loading.
    - F5: reload current log.
    - CTRL+F: find.
    - CTRL+ALT+A: toggle always on top.
- If you hold shift while clicking the open button, the log will be opened in a new Log
  Viewer instance.
- Lots of changes and bug fixes since last beta.

Well, please report any bugs or any suggestion you may have :)

Thanks to Mnjul and Gergith and everyone else that has sent me bug reports and comments or helped me in different Delphi forums for their help and support (and the whole msgplus community of course) :)

EDIT: little update (v0.21).
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by RebelSean on 06-21-2004 at 04:25 AM

I know this  is stupid and sorta spamish, but what is a Log Viewer??

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by lopardo on 06-21-2004 at 04:29 AM

Check my website ;)

quote:
Messenger Plus! Log Viewer is a program that opens and processes Messenger Plus! chat logs so you can see them
in rich text format.

This is how it looks like:
[Image: logviewer.gif]
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by matty on 06-21-2004 at 05:11 AM

Lopardo you cease to amaze me. Good work congrats and care to hear something funny. Your app will read logs when the Plus! says the password is incorrect 8-). Well so far it has for the person i told to try your Log Viewer.

Again Congrats, keep up the good work.

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by GroteSmurf on 06-21-2004 at 05:54 AM

This is great!!! Thanks a lot and keep up the good work please :-).

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by josh on 06-21-2004 at 06:18 AM

GREAT! AWESOME!

I CAN USE WITH MY UNICODE LOG NOW, THANKS lopardo!

BTW, I want to ask some question:

1. Is Log Viewer only a standalone program? or have plug-in for MsgPlus! ?

2. I cannot use the "Shell integration" function? What should I do?

And I have some suggestion too:

Is it possible to integrate into MsgPlus!? i.e. "open contact's chat log...", "Open Chat Log", "/viewlog"....

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by CookieRevised on 06-21-2004 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by josh
And I have some suggestion too:
Is it possible to integrate into MsgPlus!? i.e. "open contact's chat log...", "Open Chat Log", "/viewlog"....
Personaly I like the fact that it is not yet another plugin, but a very decent standalone application.

But for your request, you can make your own /viewlog command with the QuickTexts in Plus!:
QuickText: /run c:\path_to_logviewer\logviewer.exe "c:\path_to_plus_logfiles\(!M).txt"
Alias: /whatever

Whenever you type /whatever in a conversation, the current log will be opened in the logviewer. PS: you can use /viewlog as an alias if you wanna replace the default Plus!-command...
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 06-21-2004 at 09:40 AM

New little update released, check the first post.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :)

@josh

quote:
1. Is Log Viewer only a standalone program? or have plug-in for MsgPlus! ?
It's a standalone program at the moment. I was thinking about making a plugin for better integration (what you mentioned later).

quote:
Extract the .exe and .dll in the same directory. Then you'll get something like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=266134]

@Cookie
Nice idea! :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Mnjul on 06-21-2004 at 12:09 PM

Great, great great job, lopardo ;)

This log viewer is very promising :) (I'm not saying this just because I got mentioned, indeed :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Varish on 06-21-2004 at 02:10 PM

Nicely Done....Works great. But has anyone figrued how to get custom emotions from where ever they are? :P, i know its not easy, but is it even possible?

Ps. A picky problem, when i reopen a persons log after viewing someone elses log, the new log didnt show up,  only the notepad page came up. (hope u got the crap i talked)

Edit: Is it possible to add a feature to zoom the text+emotions?,  like the one in the conversation window itself? (Ctrl+Scroll)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 02:17 PM

Great log viewer, but a few problems.

1. Opening a .ple file in Explorer opens both Log Viewer and Notepad, is there any way to stop this?

2. When I tried to open my Events Log.txt, I got a s*** load of Windows Explorer needs to close errors. Log Viewer has been assosiated with Plus! log .txt files.

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 06-22-2004 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
But has anyone figrued how to get custom emotions from where ever they are? , i know its not easy, but is it even possible?
It's already in my to-do list, I have to investigate this.

quote:
A picky problem, when i reopen a persons log after viewing someone elses log, the new log didnt show up,  only the notepad page came up. (hope u got the crap i talked)
Can you make a step by step description of what you are doing in order to reproduce that?

quote:
Is it possible to add a feature to zoom the text+emotions?,  like the one in the conversation window itself? (Ctrl+Scroll)
Added to my to-do list :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
1. Opening a .ple file in Explorer opens both Log Viewer and Notepad, is there any way to stop this?
Does Log Viewer load it correctly? Is it just that notepad isn't closed then? What OS and OS language are you using?

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
2. When I tried to open my Events Log.txt, I got a s*** load of Windows Explorer needs to close errors. Log Viewer has been assosiated with Plus! log .txt files.
Wow, big bug ahead, thanks for reporting. Either disable association or don't double or right click your event logs from explorer (yeah, crappy solution until I fix it ;) :dodgy:)
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by matty on 06-22-2004 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
quote:
But has anyone figrued how to get custom emotions from where ever they are? , i know its not easy, but is it even possible?

In the original release of MSN Messenger they were .bin files stored in your temporary directory. (Temporary Internet Files) the only thing is is I doubt your viewer will be able to show custom emoticons because how are you going to know which code is used for which emoticon. Sorry but as far as I can tell, its a limitation that cant be done.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Varish on 06-22-2004 at 03:45 PM

quote:
quote:
A picky problem, when i reopen a persons log after viewing someone elses log, the new log didnt show up,  only the notepad page came up. (hope u got the crap i talked)
Can you make a step by step description of what you are doing in order to reproduce that?

1.Open a normal log file. (Call it Log A)
2.Open a bigger log file. (Call it log B)
3. Now,before the log B loads, open another log file. (Call it log C)

The problem is,  it dosent open log C, but Log B.

Ps. It seems to happen sometimes :S And some times, it opens Log C, but then Switches back to Log B in a moment. :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Millenium_edition on 06-22-2004 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
quote:
quote:

In the original release of MSN Messenger they were .bin files stored in your temporary directory. (Temporary Internet Files) the only thing is is I doubt your viewer will be able to show custom emoticons because how are you going to know which code is used for which emoticon. Sorry but as far as I can tell, its a limitation that cant be done.
go to http://www.msnfanatic.com/forums and search for "decrypting map.dat"
there you go, there is a bunch of info on how to do this ;) you don't have to re-encrypt it eh :) ?
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by josh on 06-22-2004 at 04:25 PM

quote:
New little update released, check the first post.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :)

@josh
quote:
Extract the .exe and .dll in the same directory. Then you'll get something like this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=266134]

Does it works when I enable Archiving function?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.2 released! by CaSpA on 06-22-2004 at 06:39 PM

I'm using the Quick Text thing with the command /openlog to read my logs with this program(set up just like how u said), it worx but I have 1 problem, it's not really a bug tho, when I open a Large Log file(the 1s that give an error about being 2 big to load in Notepad), I think when opening with the Logviewer that it shouldn't report that error, If i hit no it keeps loading in Logviewer, an if I hit yess it also Loads in wordpad along side of LogViewer.

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by CookieRevised on 06-22-2004 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
quote:
quote:

go to http://www.msnfanatic.com/forums and search for "decrypting map.dat"
there you go, there is a bunch of info on how to do this ;) you don't have to re-encrypt it eh :) ?
It still wont work for the custom emoticons for your contacts if you cleared your cache....
Furthermore, custom emoticons can change (you could've changed the image itself, or the shortcut, or both, deleted it, etc... etc...). This means that you're NEVER certain if the custom emoticon is right.
Given all that, personaly, I wouldn't even bother to try to decrypt map.dat....

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 06-23-2004 at 10:38 PM

quote:
1.Open a normal log file. (Call it Log A)
2.Open a bigger log file. (Call it log B)
3. Now,before the log B loads, open another log file. (Call it log C)

The problem is,  it dosent open log C, but Log B.

Ps. It seems to happen sometimes  And some times, it opens Log C, but then Switches back to Log B in a moment.
Press ESC before loading another log, I'll fix this later.

quote:
Does it works when I enable Archiving function?
Yes, just look for the files in explorer.

quote:
Originally posted by CaSpA
when I open a Large Log file(the 1s that give an error about being 2 big to load in Notepad), I think when opening with the Logviewer that it shouldn't report that error, If i hit no it keeps loading in Logviewer, an if I hit yess it also Loads in wordpad along side of LogViewer.
Log Viewer should close notepad, I'm gonna check that.

About the custom emoticon stuff, I'll see what I can do later.
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Dempsey on 07-09-2004 at 12:40 PM

ive found a small bug with the log viewer.

in my chat logs, there was an ftp link that had an @ in it and log viewer tried converting it to an email link insted of it opening in IE or soemthing, it opened in Outlook witht eh address in the to field

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 05:05 AM

Thanks for reporting, I'm going to check it. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Dempsey on 07-10-2004 at 10:24 AM

by the way i fogot to say in my last post -  great work :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Phrive on 07-10-2004 at 03:24 PM

can u make the icon you know it has the origianl then over it has the plus! butterfly cos i tried to use the one from the program but ti wouldnt let me so has sum1 got it?

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! [OFF TOPIC] by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 03:38 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by _-PhRiVe-_
can u make the icon you know it has the origianl then over it has the plus! butterfly cos i tried to use the one from the program but ti wouldnt let me so has sum1 got it?
If you wanna use the plus-logo (if that is what you mean) you must ask Patchou for permission!
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
by the way i fogot to say in my last post -  great work :D

quote:
Originally posted by _-PhRiVe-_
What do you mean? :huh:
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Huuf on 08-27-2004 at 02:15 PM

email me @ info[at]huuf.net if you need help with the custom emoticons thing ( figured that out a long time ago)

also you remove spaces when there is a real enter
you could try fixing this by counting the characters on 1 line and if the length is more then X off then put in a enter

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 08-28-2004 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
email me @ info[at]huuf.net if you need help with the custom emoticons thing ( figured that out a long time ago)

Great, I'll e-mail you when I get back with Log Viewer.

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
also you remove spaces when there is a real enter
you could try fixing this by counting the characters on 1 line and if the length is more then X off then put in a enter

Already aware of this, it's in my to-do list :).
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by Fredzz on 12-29-2004 at 05:53 PM

ok for some reason, when i open a log file it looks as it should..  my texts are one color and the friends color are another, but when i open a log that a friend sended me, all the text is black, mine and hers! why does that happen? maybe because it wasnt saved with the PLUS LOG option and with the MSN log normal thing?  is there anyway to get it as a plus log? i mean, its kinda annoying to read everything with black text.. is there anything i can do to put it as normal plus logs? thanks in advance.. btw.. this rocks! u da man!

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.21 released! by lopardo on 01-05-2005 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
open a log that a friend sended me, all the text is black, mine and hers! why does that happen? maybe because it wasnt saved with the PLUS LOG option and with the MSN log normal thing?  is there anyway to get it as a plus log? i mean, its kinda annoying to read everything with black text.. is there anything i can do to put it as normal plus logs? thanks in advance.. btw.. this rocks! u da man!
Log Viewer won't open Messenger logs at all, so the problem you're having is probably related to this:
quote:
From Log Viewer's about window
- If you don't disable the "truncate long contact names" in Plus!, Log Viewer will surely fail with mosts of your logs. That's because of the way Plus! cuts the names in the log file (it cuts the first part in the header and the last part in the rest of the log, so it's very difficult to detect the users). A modification from Patchou would be really nice.
However, Log Viewer will detect if you are using this configuration and will ask you if you want to change it, and if so, it will change it automatically for all the users. Existing logs with truncated names will be impossible to process :-(
You are able to cut the names again in Log Viewer (so you can get the same format).

I had some ideas about improving this, but it will take time and right now my computer is broken (damn video card - anyone has an AGP 2x video card? :()