Shoutbox

showing different name to different friend... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: showing different name to different friend... (/showthread.php?tid=27470)

showing different name to different friend... by zips on 06-21-2004 at 06:10 AM

Hi

Will this be possible some day?

I mean if i have contacts for example:

name1@hotmail.com (n1)
name2@hotmail.com (n2)
name3@hotmail.com (n3)

And I want to show to :
n1 that my nickname is nick1
n2 that my nickname is nick2
n3 that my nickname is nick3

and for everybody else...my nickname is defaultnick

Waiting for your answer,
Zips

RE: showing different name to different friend... by chris on 06-21-2004 at 07:42 AM

I thoguht i seen a program that did this a couple weeks ago and TheBlasphemer said somethign about it but then i went to go look for it a couple days ago i couldnt fint it. i thoguth it was could liek mycustomeNix or sometign but have no idea were i seen it or the thread got deleted

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 01:23 PM

i like that idea then i can have **** Is hot and hide it from da chicks ;) Maybe thats a good idea for Patchou to work on for next Plus! release...if its possible

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 02:04 PM

It's already been done, search for MyCustomNix. It won't work though, you need some other program as well.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 03:02 PM

I killed the thread, and yes that was my program. I made my own installer, but I can't guarantee it will work now.
http://www.nsrtech.net/~millenium/mycustomnix.exe - when finished installing, run the program mcnix.exe from the directory. Else it probably won't work.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by toddy on 06-21-2004 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
http://www.nsrtech.net/~millenium/mycustomnix.exe -
it says
Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 03:13 PM

try again, i renamed it ;)

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 03:19 PM

I get an error while installing plugin.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by toddy on 06-21-2004 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I get an error while installing plugin.
yeh i got an error message too
RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 03:22 PM

shit dude. i'll look into it tomorrow. i was going to check it before releasing it, but hey someone asked, here it goes =/

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 03:42 PM

ok i recreated the setup file and it should be fixed. it doesn't give me an error any more, that's one thing eh ^-^

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Vantage on 06-21-2004 at 04:20 PM

could someone try explaining this to me I so don't get it :S it sounds like he's trying to make the email adress look like a nickname or something :S..

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 04:32 PM

Error attached.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=266387]

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 05:11 PM

damn it i can't understand it... :( i CLEARLY regsvr'd the DLL's...

why, but why :(
try registering both dll's in the directory and tell me what happens.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by MC Inferno on 06-21-2004 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
could someone try explaining this to me I so don't get it :S it sounds like he's trying to make the email adress look like a nickname or something :S..

No, you can show diffrent nicknames to diffrent people
RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
damn it i can't understand it... :( i CLEARLY regsvr'd the DLL's...

why, but why :(
try registering both dll's in the directory and tell me what happens.

No workies.
RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 05:39 PM

I've killed the error handler, uninstall the program (YES, restart the computer). redownload the installer, install it and tell me what error you got.

I repeat: you HAVE to uninstall it to avoid errors.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by chris on 06-21-2004 at 05:55 PM

does thsi program have to be started before msn messenger or what?

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 06:03 PM

More bad news.....two errors.....attached

[Image: attachment.php?pid=266473]

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 06:43 PM

chris: no it's to complete uninstallation ;) to avoid errors
chaotic_shield: the first error is probably because the dll's do not match/can not be found... and the second error - never had this. are you running something that might block proxies, are you sure you got winsock installed?

RE: showing different name to different friend... by akunin on 06-21-2004 at 08:18 PM

I've got run time error 429 and 59999

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-21-2004 at 08:31 PM

I need Winsock? That's why :$

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-22-2004 at 11:57 AM

yes, you do NEED winsock... and the vb6 run-times of course =/

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-22-2004 at 09:47 PM

Got both...doesn't Winsock come with XP?

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-23-2004 at 10:14 AM

have you got mswinsck.ocx registred?

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Concord Dawn on 06-23-2004 at 03:30 PM

Where can I get it if I don't have it?

RE: RE: showing different name to different friend... by MessEnGer on 06-24-2004 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by akunin
I've got run time error 429 and 59999

i got the same error

how to make it work ??

now i get these errors everytime messenger starts :(
RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:12 PM

I get the same two errors

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-29-2004 at 01:15 PM

MessEnGer: uninstall the plugin in add/remove programs

i don't know why you people get these errors, i'll look into it when i restored my pc crash... might take a while ;)

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:22 PM

I tried registering MSWINSCK.OCX, but to no avail - same two messages. Maybe a stupid question, but would restarting help?

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:48 PM

WTF????!?! After installing and uninstalling this pulg in, my ENTIRE contacts list has been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: showing different name to different friend... by toddy on 06-29-2004 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom_Man
WTF????!?! After installing and uninstalling this pulg in, my ENTIRE contacts list has been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have u tryed restarting messenger ? the first time i installed the program. it doubled my contact list. making everyone show up twice. i had 260 contacts

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:54 PM

*whew* sorry man, never mind, a restart fixed it

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 02:04 PM

However, ever since installing and uninstalling this plug-in, I've been randomly signing in and out

RE: showing different name to different friend... by matty on 06-29-2004 at 02:19 PM

quote:
*whew* sorry man, never mind, a restart fixed it
quote:
However, ever since installing and uninstalling this plug-in, I've been randomly signing in and out

Please dont double post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button to edit your posts. Also check your Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and look for something called msmsgs.exe and that would be why you are signing in and out. Also if you are using Windows XP you will need to click the Processes Tab in order to find the process.

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 06-29-2004 at 02:47 PM

thanks matty.

@toddy : something weird is going on. The other day, while chatting to matty suddenly i signed out for no reason. Signing back in, I had addresses and nicknames I never saw before. Resigning in fixed it tough. So it's not the program ;)

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 07:20 PM

Sorry about the double post matty, and I'm sure its not windows messenger doing it - i'm not a newbie to make that kind of mistake even though my post count is low :P

As for whether its the plugin or not, this is the second time this has been happening to me - the first was when I first tried this plugin; so I think there may be a connection.

Further strange behaviour is that I now appear to be offline to my contacts, when I'm not appearing offline, nor blockingthem, and, what's strangest, I can stilltalk to them. this is also the second ime this has happened...

I seriously need help with this!

RE: showing different name to different friend... by Millenium_edition on 07-09-2004 at 11:55 AM

MyCustomNix includes an older version of msnproxy.dll , which couldn't handle challenges. This is fixed but not released :(