Shoutbox

Knee Reconstruction!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Knee Reconstruction!!! (/showthread.php?tid=27473)

Knee Reconstruction!!! by Web_Master on 06-21-2004 at 08:31 AM

Hey!

Well tomorow i go into hospital for a knee reconstruction! I tore my ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) playing football about one month ago and have been on the waiting list for surgery. Tomorow is the big one. Has anyone else had knee reconstruction before? Im only 16 and i can tell ya im pretty shit scared, lol. anyway hope all goes good.

over n out.

Jacob

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by kao on 06-21-2004 at 10:38 AM

:o good luck in the opperation (Y)

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by toddy on 06-21-2004 at 11:23 AM

good luck in the opperation
my mate has just had the same opperation, he said it was all fine and you will have nothing to worry about

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Kryptonate on 06-21-2004 at 11:36 AM

I'm having problems with my knee too but I don't need surgery, just 4 weeks in plaster (for the second time :(). Good luck (y).

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by reisyboy on 06-21-2004 at 11:48 AM

Good im sure you'll be ok. Person i knew had a foot reconstruction (freaky lol).... took muscles off his body that are redundant to put into his foot was dead weird. Anyway he fine now im sure your knee will be ok :).

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 01:14 PM

Good luck (Y)
I dont know anyone who's had one but im sure you'll be fine (Y)

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Web_Master on 06-22-2004 at 12:41 AM

Well thanks guys. and reisyboy, thats what they doing with me, they are getting hamstring tendons and putting them where my ligament was. sounds freaky. anyway 2hours until im in hospital. Thanks! =)

jacob

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by RebelSean on 06-22-2004 at 12:44 AM

I hope everything goes well for ya man!

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by .blade// on 06-22-2004 at 12:54 AM

are you sure you REALLY need it? I mean your knee is stilla ttached, isn't it? ;)

Good luck man (y)

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by realleon on 06-23-2004 at 06:35 AM

hope ya get well soon, don't forget to warn the doctor not leave anything in your knee! -_-#

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by user27089 on 06-23-2004 at 07:01 AM

gd look, and get well soon dude, i hope it goes well for you!!!! I've had many an operation in my days, once i woke up to early and they still had my eyes taped up, so i couldn't open them, and i felt them pull the tube out of my throat....

GOOD LUCK!

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by azn angel on 06-23-2004 at 08:08 AM

hab fun in hospital...they get u nefin u want!!
nah i hope ur knee getz better soon

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Ginger on 06-23-2004 at 10:20 PM

good luck (im prolly way late)

ive never had any kind of reconstructive surgery, but i have broken my arm before.. or rather it was broken by sumone, and ive had stitches a few times

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Danny The Amazing on 06-23-2004 at 10:38 PM

good look mate
i once had to have my leg put in traction i was in one bed for 6 weeks
except my compo went though yesterday
im now £4,500 richer
cant touch till im 18
and when i get 18 i gotta have reconstructive jaw surgey
soemthing about my bottom jaw being smaller then the top
damn
life sucks

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Pipish on 06-24-2004 at 10:11 AM

wow pretty serious injury for a 16 yr old i had a grade two hamstring tear playing footy lol they were bagin me saying i was too young

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by .blade// on 06-24-2004 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pipish
wow pretty serious injury for a 16 yr old i had a grade two hamstring tear playing footy lol they were bagin me saying i was too young

For a second I thought you said "...i had a grade two hamster tear playing footy..." :lol:

Ya....I had a friend damage some internal organs which the doctor's thought he was too young to damage...then he said he was playing rugby and he was in surgery 2 hours later :P
RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Omar on 06-24-2004 at 06:44 PM

Good luck with the operation....

...And don't forget to tip the nurse... :P

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Web_Master on 06-25-2004 at 05:13 AM

hey! well im back from hospital on crutches :) mmm dont ya luv da drugs :) All went well except i might need to go back again as there was a tear in the cartlidge too but aparently they cant do much about it, it has to heal itself. If it doesnt heal itself they got to remove it. But otherthan that everything went pretty good, i have a staple and a disovable screw in my knee :) how nice. wonder if id go off at an airport? thx for ya support guys :) over n out
jacob

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by ddunk on 06-25-2004 at 05:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Web_Master
disovable screw in my knee how nice. wonder if id go off at an airport?

I did :P I had to bring a doctors note to explain how I've got a screw in my toe when I broke it :cheesy:
RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Web_Master on 06-27-2004 at 05:20 AM

oooh shizen, i better get a doctors note then :O

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by RebelSean on 06-27-2004 at 05:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Web_Master
hey! well im back from hospital on crutches :) mmm dont ya luv da drugs :) All went well except i might need to go back again as there was a tear in the cartlidge too but aparently they cant do much about it, it has to heal itself. If it doesnt heal itself they got to remove it. But otherthan that everything went pretty good, i have a staple and a disovable screw in my knee :) how nice. wonder if id go off at an airport? thx for ya support guys :) over n out
jacob

wb...Hope recovery goes well fo ya!

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by mad_onion on 06-27-2004 at 11:31 AM

im sure it will be ok modern medicine is pretty good:) now
remember to tell us how it went when you get back
ill be on the edge of my seat(Y)

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Anubis on 06-27-2004 at 11:35 AM

It's a pretty standard operation...nothing out of the ordinary, there's really no need to worry...

RE: Knee Reconstruction!!! by Pr0xY on 06-28-2004 at 01:24 AM

Hey Web_Master, I'm glad to hear it went well.  Last year a friend of mine has to undergo the same surgery.  He was just as worried, but everything went well.  He had a rip in his cartlidge too, but it healed fine, I bet yours will too.  :)