Shoutbox

Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! (/showthread.php?tid=27481)

Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 11:40 AM

Hey heres an interesting trick for y'all to do.
This prooves that the goverment DOES read our emails.
Try sending an email from work/school to your home adress, send two emails. in the first put the subject line as Assasination then in the body text write things like... Im going to assasinate president george bush and john howard on 12.3.04 at 6:55 i'll send more details later, weapon of choice is the M4

Well thats what i wrote anyway.
In the second email send subject line How r u and body text just talk about school and stuff general that no one would care about. When you get home notice that the second email you sent straight after it will have arrived first in ur inbox, this is because the other email has been read!!

I was suprised to find this worked and to proove it wasnt just a hotmail flaw i sent it to my yahoo and outlook accounts! Wierd..

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Kryptonate on 06-21-2004 at 11:54 AM

yeah, they use Echelon for that (in the USA), in the UK and Australia there's a similar system. It's being read by computers. But I thought they only did this with emails from people who they are watching. They do the same with phones and some websites too I heard.

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 12:13 PM

Yeah ive always figured that but i was just suprised when it worked!
I've heard they read your MSN Convo's i used an encrypter for a while just because i could but yeah ive stopped using it i dont care my stuff aint that private anyway.

Phones? They tap every phone in the country?

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Johnny_Mac on 06-21-2004 at 12:15 PM

The e-mail thing is well old news, stuff like thats been around for ages. And it just logs the e-mail, someone doesnt sit reading them all day. :P

The MSN convo reading thing? Sounds like BS to me. ^o)

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 12:35 PM

i know but hey its fun to try it just to proove it

The convo reading thing ive always thought was b-s but yeah ppl  say it all the time to me n ask me if they read it

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by HemaOne on 06-21-2004 at 12:46 PM

Actually dude there was a thing on one of the forums...maybe msnfanatic ^o) that the government was wanting backdoors put into instant messaging software so they can have their beady eye on all of us[Image: wanker.gif]
I can see where their coming from but thats a total invasion of privacy:dodgy:[font=Arial]

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-21-2004 at 01:01 PM

Yeah i think thats where the rumour i heard came from but it got changed a bit....there was one aobut microsoft installing backdoor viewers connections to all thier software. But if Winblows multi billion dollar empire goes what u guna use....Linux?....Mac???

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by lylesback2 on 06-21-2004 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Try sending an email from work/school to your home adress, send two emails. in the first put the subject line as Assasination then in the body text write things like... Im going to assasinate president george bush and john howard on 12.3.04 at 6:55 i'll send more details later, weapon of choice is the M4
:lol:!

umm thats because work and schools trace e-mails so employee's arn't sending e-mails to there loved one's on school times...  it's purposely there, for business use only.  i learned this at work :P  someone got fired because of it.

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Anubis on 06-21-2004 at 03:06 PM

They only actually read them if he is assassinated, in that case you better hope he's not :refuck:

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Xf Stef on 06-21-2004 at 03:53 PM

Don't know about that. Still I hate them always watching our asses. Once I got mad, cause I couldn't find something I needed, and started writting in the Search bars messages like: **** the US Governmont and, I'll assasin bush..... basically nothing happened. I kept doing that for half an hour, and my internet distributor didn't notice anything wrong, like traceings.

Anyway, don't do what I did, cause I'm still a kid and they didn't care about those messages.

PS: yeah I'm a psycho... don't forget

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Kryptonate on 06-21-2004 at 03:57 PM

a kid of 17 isn't looked at like a kid of 11 years old. They see you as a potential thread.

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by CookieRevised on 06-21-2004 at 06:28 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, but do you actualy believe all that???????

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
But I thought they only did this with emails from people who they are watching
Of course... otherwise they are doing illegal things themselfs... Furthermore, the system isn't even that simple. They have to make a "deal" with the ISP of the suspected person, so that the ISP will send duplicates to the feds. It is impossible to monitor random/all emails...
RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-22-2004 at 06:50 AM

well somone read it cause my skool has no firewalls and no server they dont view our emails.

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by CookieRevised on 06-22-2004 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
well somone read it cause my skool has no firewalls and no server they dont view our emails.
If an email arrives later then another email that doesn't mean it has been read, that's the whole point ;)

Emails go from sever to server until they reach there destination. (If you send an email to your nextdoor neighbour it is possible it will travel around the world first in a matter of speaking)... Every pass on a server can cause the email to lag (because of high traffic atm or anything else realy)...
RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by illuzn on 06-23-2004 at 12:23 AM

Well said there cookie.... if you repeat this experiment 100 times and 100 times you get the same result then start postulating about the government spying on your emails... one occurrence of it is hardly conclusive proof

RE: Interesting trick Goverment reads emails! by Pyroteq on 06-23-2004 at 10:23 AM

Dam you smart people well i couldnt be bothered to do it 100 times to proove you wrong..