Shoutbox

Checking the exact version of a program was made? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Checking the exact version of a program was made? (/showthread.php?tid=27497)

Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Mike on 06-21-2004 at 02:19 PM

Hi...
Is there a way to check the exact day of a program was created?
A friend on msn sent me a file and i want to know the exact day of the file was created.
So is this possible?

Thanks!

RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Eljay on 06-21-2004 at 03:07 PM

just right click the file and then properties i think:S

RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Mike on 06-21-2004 at 03:08 PM

Yes but this doesnt give the exact date.
It gives the date that the file was created at my computer...

RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Eljay on 06-21-2004 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Yes but this doesnt give the exact date.
It gives the date that the file was created at my computer...
that is not true because i have files in my windows directory that say 2001 when XP was made ( i think) and i have only had XP for 6 months
RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 03:20 PM

that's because it's copied from a cd. msn actually creates the files and stores the data in it. so it's not the same ;)

RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Eljay on 06-21-2004 at 03:45 PM

o ok
i have had another thought
u might be able to do it with ResHack(maybe??)

RE: Checking the exact version of a program was made? by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2004 at 05:15 PM

nope. don't try, i bet it isn't possible =/