Shoutbox

Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* (/showthread.php?tid=27524)

Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by jewelzsweet on 06-21-2004 at 09:17 PM

I just downloaded the newest version of MSG Plus 3.01.94 and now my conversations won't save like they used to. I made sure to check to see if in preferences it was set to log my chats by default and it says it should.

i have msn messenger 6.2.0137.

i didn't have a problem with saving my conversations on the older version of MSG plus.

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus by KeyStorm on 06-21-2004 at 09:24 PM

If you use another language than english, the folder where logs are stored may have another name ("My logged chats" in your language).

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus by jewelzsweet on 06-21-2004 at 09:35 PM

i checked where they were being stored in the logging page of MSG Plus and it says they should be stored in "my chat logs" but when i look, it hasn't been stored.

i also checked to make sure it's set to log ALL chats and that's checked off.

i also tried restarting my computer to see if that made a difference and it didn't.

here's a screen shot of my log in set up

[Image: log.jpg]

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by jewelzsweet on 06-21-2004 at 11:29 PM

i don't know if this makes any difference, but NONE of the commands work for me also

ie: /online , /away

the only thing that IS working is the event window.

everything worked perfectly fine until today when i dl/d the newest msg plus.

i REALLY hope you guys can help me

or perhaps supply the old msg plus for me to redownload so things will work for me again

thanks

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by KeyStorm on 06-22-2004 at 11:18 AM

I think you should uninstall and re-install Messenger and Messenger Plus! it looks like something got corrupted.

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by Patchou on 06-22-2004 at 04:56 PM

Yes, that makes a big difference.. if commands dont work, that means that Messenger Plus! is not working properly oin your system. There's probably another software installed that prevents Plus! from doing its job.

RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by Choli on 06-23-2004 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
There's probably another software installed that prevents Plus! from doing its job.
for example SmileyCentral, which is known to cause problems to plus in the conversation windows (commands don't work, etc...)

jewelzsweet: do you have SmileyCentral installed?
RE: RE: Saving Convos with MSG Plus and SOMETHING ELSE *edited* by jewelzsweet on 06-23-2004 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
There's probably another software installed that prevents Plus! from doing its job.
for example SmileyCentral, which is known to cause problems to plus in the conversation windows (commands don't work, etc...)

jewelzsweet: do you have SmileyCentral installed?

no, i dont :)

but i redl'd it from the MSG site and everything's working fine now.

i'm not sure what caused the bad dl'd the first time. but oh well, everything's working :D