Shoutbox

Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage (/showthread.php?tid=27527)

Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by s7a5 on 06-21-2004 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Microsoft, meanwhile, has quietly been expanding the storage it offers to at least some users of its free Hotmail service to 25 megabytes, up from the 2 that were available before. Users of these expanded accounts can buy still more room with two new "extra storage" plans: a $40-per-year service that includes 50 MB, and a $60-per-year option that allows 100 MB.

But other users continue to get only 2 MB of storage, and an "All About Hotmail" page at the site shows the old amount as well. A new account opened on Friday afternoon also was limited to 2 MB.

Microsoft spokeswoman Kathleen Callaghan said she had not heard of any free accounts getting more storage.

But she did confirm that the company has plans in the works to beef up Hotmail: "Part of that will ensure that storage won't be an issue," she said. And a Microsoft vice president, Yusuf Mehdi, said last week that users will see a ton of innovation from Hotmail and Microsoft's other communication services over the next year.

Source: Washington Post
RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by RebelSean on 06-21-2004 at 10:06 PM

I know why yahoo and hotmail givin more space, its couse gmail comin out and they give 1gb...anyways I still going to use yahoo and hotmail even if they gave me 100GB storage....no need for that much...

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by bach_m on 06-21-2004 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
y give 2gb

gmail gives 1 gb
RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by toddy on 06-21-2004 at 10:10 PM

has anyone's hotmail account changed ?

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by s7a5 on 06-21-2004 at 10:13 PM

its so funny to watch how all companies try to copy google :woot:
its like a kindergarden :rolleyes:

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
has anyone's account changed ?
mine's still 10 megs

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by CookieRevised on 06-21-2004 at 10:23 PM

ermmmm... hotmail had a payed plan for more storage for a loooooooong time, long before gmail started.... It's only now that it gets some attention is seems; The guys at the Washington Post should be more involved into IT....

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by EvilSeph on 06-21-2004 at 11:29 PM

There have been no changes made, the only proof i've seen of this is a screenshot...

but here's the catch, it's a screenshot of a PAID services hotmail account.

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by .blade// on 06-21-2004 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Yusuf Mehdi, said last week that users will see a ton of innovation from Hotmail and Microsoft's other communication services over the next year.

* .blade// wonders if that will include MSN Messenger 7 series :bananaxmas:
RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by Rubber Stamp on 06-28-2004 at 09:01 AM

mines still 2 mb

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by illuzn on 06-28-2004 at 09:27 AM

... I wish my account was switched over by now... 2mb is ghey

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by BiZaRrE on 06-28-2004 at 09:45 AM

its not 25 mb, they're to increase to the free accounts' storage space to 250 mb and paid accounts' to 2GB.
btw, they won't have changed yet.....soon though for several countries:)

quote:
PCWorld.com
The storage increase for Hotmail will be rolled out starting in July in the U.S. and other countries, says Lisa Gurry, director of Microsoft's MSN Internet division.

Just read the stories:

RE: Hotmail offers 25MB of free storage by user27089 on 06-28-2004 at 10:52 AM

won't this like make msn even slower O_o