Shoutbox

"Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: "Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" (/showthread.php?tid=27534)

"Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" by .blade// on 06-22-2004 at 12:46 AM

I get the error "Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" when trying to burn Microsoft Windows 2000 as an ISO to disc.....anyone know why?

Nero 6 series
HP DVD writer

YES, there is a blank disc in the drive, and YES my drive IS connected.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=266703]

RE: "Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" by Choli on 06-23-2004 at 12:16 AM

Do you have any other application that could be trying to read the disk in that unit (like isobuster, or another burning tool)? Is your writter suppoerted by Nero 6 (well, i think so, because it seems that that problem only happens with that iso)? Have you tried to record the ISO with another program (maybe the iso is corrupted?)?

RE: "Fatal Error while trying to read boot image data! No disc in drive?" by .blade// on 06-23-2004 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Do you have any other application that could be trying to read the disk in that unit (like isobuster, or another burning tool)? Is your writter suppoerted by Nero 6 (well, i think so, because it seems that that problem only happens with that iso)? Have you tried to record the ISO with another program (maybe the iso is corrupted?)?

no, see I burned the ISO earlier, but forgot to make it bootable, so when I went to burn it againa s a bootable ISO, I get that error :dodgy: