Shoutbox

Receivers can't get messages. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Receivers can't get messages. (/showthread.php?tid=27580)

Receivers can't get messages. by coolengan on 06-23-2004 at 12:26 AM

I'm from Norway, so excuse my english... I guess :P

There is a error on MSN Plus! that occured when I installed MSN 6,2, 3 days ago.

The error message (I hope this will be right) "Not all receivers can't receive the message" or something like that.

The problem is VERY common, and I have to restart MSN 5-6 times a day.

Is there others that have experienced the same thing?

During update of MSN Plus! the program stopped responding to WinXP in the middle of the installation. May this be the core to the error? The MSN Plus! update came the day before MSN 6.2 came.

Robert E.
Norway

RE: Receivers can't get messages. by matty on 06-23-2004 at 02:54 AM

Welcome to the forums coolengan, we will get to your issue in a moments time. But please for Copyright issues could you change all intances in your post from saying MSN Plus! to Messenger Plus!. The reason for this is MSN Plus! is an application made by Microsoft to enhance the way Windows Operates adding more features and themes, while Messenger Plus! is the addon available for Windows and MSN Messenger. Thanks

Now onto the issue, the issue is infact a problem with MSN Messenger and the protocol they use. Sometimes out of the blue you get the message that the messages were not recieved if you try and send it again it should work. Now remember Messenger Plus! does not do anything with the information sent to the Protocol (only alters text if needed). So to sum it all up, it is in fact an MSN Messenger issue NOT Messenger Plus!

Matty

P.S. We hope you enjoy your stay here.

RE: RE: Receivers can't get messages. by DragonX2 on 06-23-2004 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Welcome to the forums coolengan, we will get to your issue in a moments time. But please for Copyright issues could you change all intances in your post from saying MSN Plus! to Messenger Plus!. The reason for this is MSN Plus! is an application made by Microsoft to enhance the way Windows Operates adding more features and themes, while Messenger Plus! is the addon available for Windows and MSN Messenger. Thanks

Now onto the issue, the issue is infact a problem with MSN Messenger and the protocol they use. Sometimes out of the blue you get the message that the messages were not recieved if you try and send it again it should work. Now remember Messenger Plus! does not do anything with the information sent to the Protocol (only alters text if needed). So to sum it all up, it is in fact an MSN Messenger issue NOT Messenger Plus!

Matty

P.S. We hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanx alot Matty. Do you have any idea on how to fix it though? It's incredibly annoying. Sometimes it will take 5 minutes before I'm able to send messages again.
RE: Receivers can't get messages. by Mike on 06-23-2004 at 04:23 PM

Did you install the handwriting plugin?

RE: Receivers can't get messages. by coolengan on 06-23-2004 at 04:58 PM

Yes, that plugin is installed.
When i can't write because of the erlier mentioned problem, the handwriter plugin always work.
I have installed the newest version of the handwriter plugin.

RE: Receivers can't get messages. by Mike on 06-23-2004 at 05:04 PM

Hmmm...
Can you try disabling or even better unistalling the handwriting plugin to see if that solves your problem?