Shoutbox

Project Lithium f****d up my msn messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Project Lithium f****d up my msn messenger (/showthread.php?tid=27581)

Project Lithium f****d up my msn messenger by RebelSean on 06-23-2004 at 01:04 AM

Now i cant signin...I installed poject lithium and ran it and then i uninstalled it and now i cant sign in it tells me to troubleshoot it and when i try and troubleshoot it it says unavailable at this time :-( help anyone???

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by dotNorma on 06-23-2004 at 01:11 AM

Try closing "MSMSGS.EXE" or something like it. Then try signing in with MSN Messenger.

Project Lithium (which sucks a very much) seems to enable Windows Messenger again.

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by RebelSean on 06-23-2004 at 01:14 AM

I know it sucks big ballz, I tried that and it still does smae thing :-(

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by banky on 06-23-2004 at 01:35 AM

[Image: throwpc.gif][Image: plzdie.gif]
i told ya it sucked sean

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Wabz on 06-23-2004 at 01:46 AM

It seemed to do the same to my messenger.

I'm very suspicious of it.  Since it contains a SOCKs proxy

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Vantage on 06-23-2004 at 02:59 AM

try doing:
start
run
type: setup.exe or setupDI.exe

im not sure if its for the same w/m :S..

could someone tell wtf is Project luthium?

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Concord Dawn on 06-23-2004 at 02:59 AM

I used it, but then it stopped functioning. I uninstalled it, and everything went back to normal. I suggest doing a fresh install of MSN and/or Windows Messenger. Project Lithium has some great features but needs some big improvements.

Vantage: Project Lithium is an add-on for MSN which allows things such as time and date, and Winamp control. It uses a SOCKS proxy and is very :dodgy:.

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by RebelSean on 06-23-2004 at 04:12 AM

I know it sucks and I wouldn't suggest ANYONE install it unless ya want your msn fucked up... :dodgy:

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Edu115 on 06-23-2004 at 12:19 PM

hey! stop being so dramatic and suspicious about Project Lithium. Project Lithium is a great plugin, with a lot of useful features, but as everyone knows, it's still under development.. the final version isn't out yet.. So, calm down!

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Millenium_edition on 06-23-2004 at 12:37 PM

thank you edu :)
Indeed, project lithium is still under developement, and that's why it fucks up sometimes. If your MSN doesn't work, instead of crying try deactivating the SOCKS proxy (in the messenger settings)...

Now, does it work after disabling it :flowers: ?

Also, please don't insult it because it doesn't work, makes you look like a noob. lots of programs use a proxy (anyone heard of Dimension?)

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Concord Dawn on 06-23-2004 at 03:22 PM

Yes. I have, it's a really good program, but keeps signing me in and out.

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by RebelSean on 06-23-2004 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
thank you edu :)
Indeed, project lithium is still under developement, and that's why it fucks up sometimes. If your MSN doesn't work, instead of crying try deactivating the SOCKS proxy (in the messenger settings)...

Now, does it work after disabling it :flowers: ?

Also, please don't insult it because it doesn't work, makes you look like a noob. lots of programs use a proxy (anyone heard of Dimension?)

I'll insult anything I want to wene I want to fruckin insult it....It's a piece of shit program that needs to be delted ...  :refuck:

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Edu115 on 06-28-2004 at 06:10 PM

too bad for you :D

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by eckocomplex on 06-29-2004 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Project Lithium sucks donkey balls!
Anyway, do you know hw to work with regedit?
Try browsing to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\
and set "Server" back to "messenger.hotmail.com;207.46.104.20:1863"

See if that helps,

GRTZ TB,

and remember folks, next time i say something sucks donkeyballs, just trust me on my word, and dont go try it out :P
You suck donkey balls, it doesn't change the server. Uninstalling sets everything back (that is changed, i.e. 3 registry keys).

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Jnrz7 on 06-29-2004 at 09:11 PM

calm down kids

why does it suck ?
just because it is not plus, nor a program from this community ?

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by WDZ on 06-29-2004 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jnrz7
calm down kids
I agree. This thread is close to being closed...
RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by kao on 06-29-2004 at 09:58 PM

it seemed ok for me, just not many features (i know it is still beta so don't tell me) and im annoyed at the fact after uninstalling it, Windows Messenger defies to not sign me in, even after using Messenger Disable numerous times :undecided:

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Edu115 on 06-29-2004 at 10:42 PM

Kao there is some sort of final version now..  the name is different .. MessengerDiscovery

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by Banks on 06-30-2004 at 02:34 PM

try the connection settings for msn 8-) than say that you don't use a proxy

RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by RebelSean on 07-02-2004 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
too bad for you :D

For??

quote:
calm down kids

why does it suck ?
just because it is not plus, nor a program from this community ?

It sucks couse it messes up your msn messenger after you uninstall it......Not becouse it is not made by patchou and the other peps in this community........

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
calm down kids
I agree. This thread is close to being closed...

Do it do it do it.....lol

quote:
Originally posted by Banks
try the connection settings for msn 8-) than say that you don't use a proxy

did that once didn't work...Had to re-install msn messenger...:D
RE: Project Lithium fucked up my msn messenger by TheDude on 07-02-2004 at 11:00 PM

It's done the same to me: I cannot sign in on one of my account now using MSN Messenger now that I have uninstalled it.  I have tried everything suggested in this thread but to no avail, help!

Edit: Found the solution:

Lithium will only feck up some of your passport accounts for one of your programs (the combination of passport and program you log in with).  To fix the "broken" passport delete all of c:\documents and settings\yourprofilename\application data\microsoft\msn messenger.   I deleted everything in there and it let me log in with MSN Messenger on the account it had previously not.