Shoutbox

Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem (/showthread.php?tid=27611)

Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Vilkku on 06-23-2004 at 08:21 PM

I have a little problem in Firefox. I can't get the Shockwave Player installed. In IE it works fine, but in Firefox it displays the "Click here to get the plugin". I install it again, Firefox is listed, but it still says the same. I've reinstalled, uninstalled and installed, repaired installation... everything. If someone has any idea or more questions please tell/ask. Thank you.

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Kryptonate on 06-23-2004 at 08:26 PM

you have to close down FF first and restart it before you can use it.

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Vilkku on 06-23-2004 at 08:27 PM

That was the first thing I did, I also forgot to say that I have rebooted the comp a few times, too.

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Kryptonate on 06-23-2004 at 08:32 PM

could you give me a link to a place where you need the shockwave player?

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Vilkku on 06-23-2004 at 08:36 PM

www.miniclip.com

I'm going to bed now, so you have to wait for a answer...

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Kryptonate on 06-23-2004 at 08:38 PM

everything works fine here. Redownload the .exe at macromedia.com, close down Firefox and install it. Firefox 0.9 should be in the list where Shockwave player will be installed.

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Vilkku on 06-24-2004 at 05:35 AM

Yes, like I said (I think :P) in the first post the .exe lists firefox and I closed Firefox before the install, but I think I got a idea that i will thest whe I come home (I'm at work now).

Okey, my idea didn't work. And it works fine with IE. Help me, please!

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 08:39 AM

have u tried uninstalling firefox 0.9, then deleting ur profile data (extensions etc.)? uninstall first then delete the following data:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your account name\Application Data\Mozilla
Btw to see this application data folder u need to enable "seeing gl :)
if not i'm pretty sure theres another folder with data in it,
or you can wait till firefox 0.9.1 comes out soon :)

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Anubis on 06-27-2004 at 09:31 AM

I had the same problem, I just downloaded and installed Shockwave player again and it worked fine...I had to do the same with Java and Flash...after you get all the plugins you need, Firefox is one hell of a browser...best out there!

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by Chestah on 06-29-2004 at 06:55 AM

lol, Firefox 0.9.1, has just been released @ www.mozilla.com, go there and download the new version. It's supposed to fix these problems!
:)

RE: Firefox + Macromedia Shockwave Player = Problem by HemaOne on 06-29-2004 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I have a little problem in Firefox. I can't get the Shockwave Player installed. In IE it works fine, but in Firefox it displays the "Click here to get the plugin". I install it again, Firefox is listed, but it still says the same. I've reinstalled, uninstalled and installed, repaired installation... everything. If someone has any idea or more questions please tell/ask. Thank you.

Ok sorry to ask such a stupid question,but have you actually INSTALLED the shockwave plug-in?When you open firefox and go to a site that requires it it asks you to download it,once you download it you actually need to manually install it by clicking on the file (Go to the tools/downloads menu in firefox to see the installer,click run and follow the on screen prompts and you should successfully have installed the plug-in) Hopefully this has been of some help.