Shoutbox

Custom recieved files folders - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Custom recieved files folders (/showthread.php?tid=27616)

Custom recieved files folders by s7a5 on 06-23-2004 at 10:05 PM

i think it would be a great feature if we could set up custom "recieved files" folders for each contact.
why?
i don't know how about you guys but i'll put my situation for example
I'm mostly dealing with muzik, there are like 10 people sending me their trax samples everyday over MSN and rite now im lost who done what :(

if only i could give each contact its folder everything will be organized and ill be happy :)
Im sure this feature will be usefull not only for me (i just gave an example from my perspective).
patchou what u think about this??

RE: Custom recieved files folders by lylesback2 on 06-23-2004 at 11:32 PM

so far... it's not possible... all i can tell you is to "save as..." and put it into a seperate folder, or move them manualy... good idea tho (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) (I)

RE: Custom recieved files folders by Concord Dawn on 06-23-2004 at 11:42 PM

There is a program that does it, I used to have it......

RE: Custom recieved files folders by Gergith on 06-24-2004 at 12:59 AM

it HAS to be possible

for simply doing this:

monitor ALL text in ALL chats, and if the string for a recieved file comes upt, make a note of the file name from that string AND the e-mail from the chat window

then the program would just do its thing, i cant see how its not possible... but i COULD see how its not possible with plus! plugin capability

RE: Custom recieved files folders by matty on 06-24-2004 at 03:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gergith
it HAS to be possible

for simply doing this:

monitor ALL text in ALL chats, and if the string for a recieved file comes upt, make a note of the file name from that string AND the e-mail from the chat window

then the program would just do its thing, i cant see how its not possible... but i COULD see how its not possible with plus! plugin capability

Thats not easy to do, Plus! does not have a variable that the user can access for the conversation window. You have to use a Microsoft Accessibility API call to read the text in the window, and thats hard to.

RE: Custom recieved files folders by Gergith on 06-24-2004 at 04:15 AM

it COULD scan the text files

RE: Custom recieved files folders by Mike on 06-24-2004 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
You have to use a Microsoft Accessibility API call to read the text in the window, and thats hard to.
Msn Messenger doesnt allow you to find the hWnd of the conversation textbox.

RE: Custom recieved files folders by matty on 06-24-2004 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
You have to use a Microsoft Accessibility API call to read the text in the window, and thats hard to.
Msn Messenger doesnt allow you to find the hWnd of the conversation textbox.
But Mike ever heard of the Narrator in Windows? well thats what you have to do. Use the same process that is used by Microsoft to get the text.

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.html