Shoutbox

suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=27670)

suggestion by mars2002 on 06-25-2004 at 02:37 AM

I suggest more group feature in the group right click mouse menu.  For example, group sound event, group notification.  Have any plug-in already implemented this feture?

RE: suggestion by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 07:25 AM

i don't think so mars2002, but u'll have to be more specific if you would like Patchou or any1 else to implement this

RE: suggestion by mars2002 on 06-27-2004 at 11:17 AM

Thank you, Chestah007.
Let me try to talk it in detail.

MSG PLUS! provides a notification service in stead of MSN Messenger's notification.  When a user enables it by check the check box "Enable MSG PLUS! notification windows" in preference-->Notification-->Popup Option, it can make a notification to him/her when specified event happens.  But currently, I found it is hard to setting up the personalized event.  For example, I have four group people in my contact list.  I want to disable the OFFICE group online notification.  First I have to disable the default online notification.  Then check the online notification box for the people in the other three group one by one.  I wonder if MSG Plus can provide group notification  and group sound event when I right click group name and select "Messenger Plus! Extras".  Currently, there are only two choice in this menu, Block Contacts in Group and Unblock Contacts in Group.  It would be a great feature.  :D

RE: suggestion by CookieRevised on 06-27-2004 at 11:44 AM

First the feature must be created for group-notifications. Only then can this menu-item be added...

RE: suggestion by mars2002 on 06-27-2004 at 04:16 PM

My opinion: For program, it would be simple to add a routine to modify settings for each member in the group using existing interface/fuction.