Shoutbox

spamtastic - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: spamtastic (/showthread.php?tid=27696)

spamtastic by saralk on 06-25-2004 at 04:27 PM

i have just noticed that every single person i have ever had a conversation with has their e-mail saved in my regsitry, unencrypted, is there anyway that this can be encrypted?

RE: spamtastic by Patchou on 06-25-2004 at 04:34 PM

The log archiver saves the name of the files to archive every month (that's generally one@contact.com.txt). If you disable the archiver, emails won't be saved. However, I don't think it will be very much useful as Messenger itself saves the emails in the registry (its encrypted but anybody who wants to can decrypt them easily).

RE: spamtastic by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 07:23 AM

anyway of making msn messenger not saving them at all Patchou, lol just interested, i spose this would involve hacking messenger's exe :S

RE: spamtastic by Johnny_Mac on 06-27-2004 at 03:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
anyway of making msn messenger not saving them at all Patchou
Saving the conversations or the e-mails in the registry?

MSN Messenger doesnt save e-mails in the registry, Messenger Plus! does, no hacking involved. :P

If you mean stopping MSN Messenger logging the conversations then go to Tools > Messages > *Uncheck* Automatically keep a history...
RE: spamtastic by Patchou on 06-27-2004 at 03:53 PM

Messenger does keep the email of all your contacts in the registry, its just encrypted a little bit so that you dont notice it :).

RE: spamtastic by Johnny_Mac on 06-27-2004 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger does keep the email of all your contacts in the registry, its just encrypted a little bit so that you dont notice it .
So the suggestion here is for Plus! to do the same, which you've already answered. :tongue: