Shoutbox

Block Chat Suggestions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Block Chat Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=27702)

Block Chat Suggestions by Kirsle on 06-25-2004 at 05:56 PM

A few suggestions for features are:

• Block All Chat Users

It's sometimes really annoying when a bunch of 10-year-olds who somehow have your e-mail address (or one of them was on your contact list) invites you to a chatroom and they're just little chatterboxes and when you leave they invite you back in.

So a command like /chatBlockUsers or something, that would add all the participants of the chatroom to your deny list so you can leave the room peacefully and they can't invite you back in.
  • Block Chats Alltogether

Sometimes multiple person conversations can just be annoying, like when you're talking to somebody and they invite their bot in to test commands because they're too lazy to open their own conversation with it. So a command to block all chats, or a function to accept chat invitations (like AIM), so that some chats you might want to join but some you can deny and not join them.

Like... /chatDeny, /chatAllow, /chatRequireInvite... you could probably think of some shorter versions of these commands, or abbreviations...

Those are my suggestions. (H)
RE: Block Chat Suggestions by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 07:49 AM

Yeah these features would be very handy. It is very annoying when people in multiple converstaions constantly invite you back in after leaving and u have to block them one by one :P. I wouldn't call it /chatblockusers tho, i'd name the tag maybe: /blockall or /blockconvo.
Your second idea is also good, maybe not as useful for some people :P, i'd call it maybe: /blockmulti or sumthing with multi in it so users know that they are actually blocking multi convo's, not everything ;) :P that would ruin the point of signing in :) lol

RE: Block Chat Suggestions by saralk on 06-27-2004 at 09:38 AM

its a good idea, but maybe hard to implement the first idea. Because afaik there isnt a way of identifying each conversation apart from the people who are in it. So if someone leaves the convo and ur added back in it, then it might not work.

Also isnt the whole invite thing stupid cos ur not inviting them to go into the convo, ur forcing them to go into the convo

RE: Block Chat Suggestions by Kirsle on 07-04-2004 at 10:58 AM

People from Bot-Depot have made a Perl MSN module that we all for our chatterbots, and it has a hashref where it has information about all the sockets, including people in them.

Like if $self is the current socket, to get the current users of the socket it's like

code:
$users = join (", ", keys %{$self->GetMaster->{Socks}->{$self->{fn}}->{Buddies}});

($self->{fn} would be the socket number... the MSN module ID's them all by numbers)

So it couldn't be too hard to do in a different programming language.

Also, the MSN.pm has a Answer handler that bots use, and a Join handler, and both can be used to get the username(s) that created or joined (so if you're re-invited, the Answer handler's called and all participants are listed).
RE: Block Chat Suggestions by Jessica on 11-11-2006 at 07:55 AM

I agree. It's so annoying that I have to sign off and stay on appear offline..

RE: Block Chat Suggestions by linx05 on 11-11-2006 at 10:21 AM

When someone adds you to a huge group convo, just type .pif

This will disconnect everyone from that conversation. It should still work unless the good people at Microsoft have cleared things up.

RE: Block Chat Suggestions by foaly on 11-11-2006 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
When someone adds you to a huge group convo, just type .pif

This will disconnect everyone from that conversation. It should still work unless the good people at Microsoft have cleared things up.
i tought they did clean that up and only you got disconnected...
RE: Block Chat Suggestions by Jessica on 11-11-2006 at 09:09 PM

But does it work where you won't be invited back? That's the problem, I get invited back 372723 times after I leave the chat until I signed off