Shoutbox

New feature request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New feature request (/showthread.php?tid=27709)

New feature request by NeXt on 06-25-2004 at 08:16 PM

Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to make the contact list available while MSN Messenger only runs from the system tray with no icon in the taskbar.  Other programs like icq, winamp and trillian can do it, so i'm sure it's doable.  Is there a simple registry setting that can be enabled to do this or would it have to be a full out MsgPlus feature?

Great job on everything so far, keep up the good work!

RE: New feature request by matty on 06-25-2004 at 08:36 PM

Possibly could be a feature but I highly doubt it will be in Messenger Plus! as an active feature. Possibly a plugin, that will just change the icon toi something invisible. But that I doubt anyone will do that too.

RE: New feature request by chris on 06-25-2004 at 09:12 PM

Get messenger shell it has that feature and a couple other usefull features. It also has a Boss protection thing its not called that but instead of changing the icon it hides it all the way. Ited be good if it hid the open convo windows also but i think hiding the icon is better than changin it.. but anyways messenger shell has a auto hide docking feature and hide the taskbar icon. ill try to attach the file cuz the website is chinese but if you can read chineses the websites http://www.msnshell.com/
Download Msn Shell 3.1

RE: New feature request by PROGAME on 06-25-2004 at 10:12 PM

i think he wants messenger not to be listed in the taskbar when it's not minimized to tray (so basically the main window won't be listed there at all)

RE: New feature request by NeXt on 06-25-2004 at 10:58 PM

Yes PROGRAME,that is exactly the feature i'm looking for.
chris, is this feature offered in MSN Shell?