Shoutbox

Suggestion/request: Flood protection - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Suggestion/request: Flood protection (/showthread.php?tid=27715)

Suggestion/request: Flood protection by CanadianOriginal on 06-25-2004 at 10:28 PM

Maybe this would be useful to other people, maybe not... I have a contact that floods everyso often by going online/offline, so I get loads of toasts (even more since I set Plus! to give offline notifications).

Would it be possible to code a plugin that temporarily blocks a contact for X seconds if the contact comes online/goes offline Y times in Z seconds?

Cheers

(variables are to suggest configurable options ;))

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by toddy on 06-25-2004 at 10:29 PM

why not just tell the person to get a life ??? it would be easier

RE: RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by CanadianOriginal on 06-25-2004 at 11:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
why not just tell the person to get a life ??? it would be easier

Since when do people with no lives listen?
RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Vantage on 06-25-2004 at 11:24 PM

hmmm this would be very useful but as an "ignore" command
ex:
/ignore Vantage [2 second]

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by toddy on 06-25-2004 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
Since when do people with no lives listen?
lol, fair comment.
why not deleted delete him/her, but not block them. this will mean they can start converstations but u won't seem them flooding
RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Johnny_Mac on 06-25-2004 at 11:33 PM

This all seems technically, how about requestiong a feature onto Plus! that only allows X amount of popups over a particular time. e.g. 1 every 3 seconds.

:o A suggestion.

I havent made one of those since back in like, XSO times. :P

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Choli on 06-25-2004 at 11:47 PM

what about this quick text? :

/block (!P)
#9#/unblock (!P)

you can change the 9 to the number of seconds the contact will be blocked, and if you assign it an alias like ignore, you can do

/ignore email@address.com

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Black_Forky on 06-26-2004 at 12:59 AM

Sometimes if i have to fix stuff i will have to sign in and out. Could there be a plugin in which i could say "Do not send new sign-in/out toast to my contacts  for X number of minutes (or seconds)"?

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Mike on 06-26-2004 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
what about this quick text? :

/block (!P)
#9#/unblock (!P)

you can change the 9 to the number of seconds the contact will be blocked, and if you assign it an alias like ignore, you can do

/ignore email@address.com
But you can still see the toasts...

RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by Choli on 06-26-2004 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Forky
Sometimes if i have to fix stuff i will have to sign in and out. Could there be a plugin in which i could say "Do not send new sign-in/out toast to my contacts  for X number of minutes (or seconds)"?
that's not posible because you're not the one who is sendin the toast. It's the messenger server (that's how the protocol works)
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
But you can still see the toasts...
no, you won't see the toasts because you don't see the toasts of blocked people.
RE: RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by CanadianOriginal on 06-26-2004 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
I might put this in StuffPlug NG's ignore option :)
(it doesnt exactly block anyone, it just ignores them, mwuhahaha, he wont even know you're ignoring him, mwuhahahahahahahahaha!)

woot! I thought development was stopped on SPNG. Glad to see it's still in the works, especially if it has this feature :P
RE: Suggestion/request: Flood protection by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 06:49 PM

thanks tb i too get plagued by continous toasts where i get 4 identical message toasts appearing at the same time or within a few seconds of each other and it really annoys me, im glad to hear your adding a solution to this in stuffplug thanks again.