Shoutbox

Making commands - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Making commands (/showthread.php?tid=27779)

Making commands by Ian on 06-27-2004 at 02:25 PM

Help-me please.
I'm from brazil, so i don't speak and write english very well. If i write something wrong, please do not considerate.
my problem is it:
i`ve already got the "Messenger Plus". I want to make an command to change my status to "offline" and after make that online again.
To do it, i`d need to do one command which make two others commands.
I tried to do but it didn't works. please, send me some example.

What did i try?
I tried it:

"Message:"
/appearoffline
/online

"Command:" /ame

Please answer me ASAP.
I'm wait your answer!

RE: Making commands by CookieRevised on 06-27-2004 at 02:38 PM

To make multiple commands in 1 quicktext you have to proceed the next commands with #...

If you hoover your mouse over the quicktext-box a tooltip will popup saying that:

quote:
from Messenger Plus itself
If you want to specify more than one message or command, start new lines with the # character. Up to 20 actions can be specified, each one will be executed at a 0.5 second interval. Advanced users can even enter a different delay for each action. After the first #, just put a digit between 1 and 9 and another #.

Also, you can find that in the official tutorials and FAQ on www.msgplus.net.

quicktext:
/appearoffline
#/online
alias: /ame

Anyways... so you need to add # in front of the next commands, but you can also add a "time-delay" for when the command should be executed:

quicktext:
/appearoffline
#1#/online
alias: /ame

EDIT: blah, I've forgotten the fact that Choli mentioned, you can't execute anything after you've been set to "offline"... So this particular thing you want to do doesn't work.
RE: Making commands by Choli on 06-27-2004 at 02:41 PM

hi, and welcome to the forums :wave:

you can't do it because as soon as yoou change your status to appear offilne you can't send any message and so you can't send the /online command to return to online status.

However, if what you want to do is show a popup in your contacts screenm you may try Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!)

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
"Message:"
/appearoffline
/online
if you want to chain 2 messages (in this case 2 commands), put a # at the begining of each line from the 2nd one: ie

/appearoffline
#/online

edit:

Cookie was faster, but notice that

/appearoffline
#/online

won't work. It's just an example on how to chain 2 or more commands
RE: Making commands by Ian on 07-04-2004 at 07:02 PM

Thank's you...