Shoutbox

msn messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: msn messenger (/showthread.php?tid=27801)

msn messenger by ^_^ on 06-28-2004 at 01:17 AM

Hey, i noticed that some people use msn messenger with accounts different to hotmail and msn (ex:yahoo) and thats coool..........i wanna do it but i dont know how to........... anyone?????

;);)

RE: msn messenger by Pr0xY on 06-28-2004 at 01:30 AM

Its very easy, they have a .NET passport through msn.  They register their email (doesn't matter if it's @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @gmail.com, or @blah.com) and then they are able to sign on to msn messenger with it.   

You can get one here: http://www.passport.net/Consumer/default.asp?lc=1033

RE: msn messenger by ^_^ on 07-01-2004 at 05:39 AM

Hey that worked!!! thanks!! :D:D:D

RE: msn messenger by Pr0xY on 07-01-2004 at 04:32 PM

0_o no problem... This is useful, now I can use my gmail account to talk on msn messenger.  Its awesome....

RE: msn messenger by Stigmata on 07-01-2004 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
This is useful, now I can use my gmail account to talk on msn messenger.  Its awesome....

you can use any email account :)
RE: msn messenger by Pr0xY on 07-01-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
This is useful, now I can use my gmail account to talk on msn messenger.  Its awesome....

you can use any email account :)
yeah, I know, but I'm just going to use Gmail for it, screw yahoo and hotmail.....
RE: msn messenger by jren207 on 07-03-2004 at 09:10 PM

This can also be done (in win XP) by going to Run and typing,

control userpasswords2

Then Clicking the advanced tab, Clicking the the .net passport wizard button, Clicking the next button, Clicking the yes radio button, Clicking the next button and Clicking the no radio button, Clicking the next button and then following the instructions.

RE: msn messenger by CookieRevised on 07-03-2004 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
This can also be done (in win XP) by going to Run and typing,

control userpasswords2

Then Clicking the advanced tab, Clicking the the .net passport wizard button, Clicking the next button, Clicking the yes radio button, Clicking the next button and Clicking the no radio button, Clicking the next button and then following the instructions.
erm, not very userfriendly help, and besides you need to register the email on the .NET passport-site, nothing more, just like pr0xy_nuk3r said.... This is the direct link to it: https://register.passport.net/reg.srf

Go to there and register you existing email (so any email, doesn't have to be @hotmail or @msn) to make it a .NET Passport and you're done....

RE: msn messenger by jren207 on 07-03-2004 at 09:22 PM

Ah rite :S (I only use my @hotmail.com account on MSN anywayz lol)