Shoutbox

[Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes (/showthread.php?tid=27813)

[Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-28-2004 at 06:58 AM

I have had a play with MSN and have come up with the following codes:

\me 43-----
(m)3 A Message in MSN Green
43 -----

\me 43-----
(m)5  A Message in MSN Red
43 -----

\me 43-----
(m)43  A Message in MSN Grey
43 -----

The only problem is, that is requires you to set your name to ALT 0160.

I propose that someone make a command that can send those Plus! 3 Messages by typing something like /msnredmsg <your message>, etc, but without it including (ignoring) the MSN Nickname.

I made the code from this predifined code:

\me 43-----
(m)43The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
5     <User Message>
43 -----

NOTE: Perhaps this can be incorporated into the Away messages.
\me 43-----
(m)43This user is away because of the following reason:
5     <away message>
43 -----

I have attached a CE that may be needed for some of the errors.
And Finally, please treat the \ before me as /
EDIT: Post Fixed, thanks for telling me.

RE: MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ddunk on 06-28-2004 at 07:01 AM

The red isn't quite the right color, it's brighter than it should be. Otherwise, good work. :)

RE: MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-28-2004 at 07:04 AM

thanks for telling me about that color error... :p I fixed it up :)
So does anyone want to make a plugin for this? I dont mind if you do, As long as I am in the credits somewhere (a)

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Millenium_edition on 06-28-2004 at 05:40 PM

it's actually a very good idea, it could be done, but unfortunately my pc crashed... :(

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Ezra on 06-29-2004 at 12:01 AM

I don't get it?
U can already choose colors with plus right?

Ctrl+K?

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-29-2004 at 06:02 AM

yes you can Ezra, however this is something that could be released as a plugin. It allows you to send a 'msn' messeger (like the one you get when someone enters/leaves a conversation)

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Sk3tch on 06-29-2004 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryanliss
So does anyone want to make a plugin for this? I dont mind if you do, As long as I am in the credits somewhere 
Plugin would be kinda neat..  but, you could do the same thing (pretty much) using a quick text :)

Just assign the "/nick  " and codes you have along with the (!P) command for the message and you have a pre-set error message ect.. :P
RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-29-2004 at 08:53 AM

I know that, but it would include your msn name, and in the plugin it wouldnt. So... yeah. If it wasnt for that then I wouldnt request a plugin

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Millenium_edition on 06-29-2004 at 12:07 PM

there's a way that doesn't involve changing nicknames... looks like you people don't look further than msgplus...

how do you think mycustomnix worked?

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:04 PM

A simple, and very primitive, quicktext to do the job:

code:
/nick 
#/me 43-----
(M)43 The previous message could not be delivered to all recipients for the following reason:
          5 (!P)
43 -----
#/nick __Your nick here__

Then set it to /error or something
RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Millenium_edition on 06-29-2004 at 01:16 PM

lol... good luck to change it everytime you change your nick ;)

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-29-2004 at 01:21 PM

SWEET! I made 4 Quick Text Options. (Red Message, Green Message, Grey Message, Message not sent error)

Perhaps someone could code this as a custom away message now

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:33 PM

Is there was a way to set two (!P)s? Because then you could force it to keep your current nick

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 06-29-2004 at 01:43 PM

code:
#/nick   
#/me 43-----
43(m) The following message could not be delivered to all recipients for the following reason:
       5 (!P)
43  -----
#/nick <Insert Nickname HERE>

That is how I got it to work... I just edited mushroom man's code slightly.

code:
#/nick   
#/me 43-----
(m) 5 (!P)
43  -----
code:
#/nick   
#/me 43-----
(m) 3 (!P)
43  -----
code:
#/nick   
#/me 43-----
(m) 43 (!P)
43  -----

Thank you Mushroom Man!
Now all we need now is someone to make a plugin so we can make this sort of "msn message" a away message, by typing /maway <reason> or something
RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Mushroom_Man on 06-29-2004 at 01:46 PM

I feel special - people are already modyfing my code ^.^

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Millenium_edition on 06-29-2004 at 02:48 PM

i should really get my pc back... this wouldn't be hard as a plugin :(

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 07-01-2004 at 01:51 PM

Will you be able to create a plugin Millenium? Or cant you with out your pc? :p

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Stigmata on 07-01-2004 at 02:00 PM

lol this is old :)

i made this for my nickname maker (anyone want to take up that project???)

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Black_Forky on 07-01-2004 at 03:02 PM

Anway to put what they just said instead of having it done manually?

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Mushroom_Man on 07-05-2004 at 02:18 PM

Has anyone got a plugin for this?

RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Millenium_edition on 07-09-2004 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryanliss
Will you be able to create a plugin Millenium? Or cant you with out your pc? :p
grrrrr, let's not forget *I* created mycustomnix (no i'm not a king), and yes this can be done using mycustomnix ;) just set [alt+0173] as your custom nick, and there you go :)

also a plugin for for prefixes and suffixes would be great :)
RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by Mithrandir on 07-10-2004 at 10:16 AM

to save your current nick and set it back after displaying the message you can also use the new command /xquicknicksave of ColorNick v2.0.708 and enable "Allow replacement of a QuickNick by /xquicknicksave" in the QuickNicks dialog (/xquicknick)

and then you use a quicktext like this:

code:
/xquicknicksave currentnick
#/nick  
#/me 43-----
  (m)3 (!P)
  43-----
#/xquicknick currentnick

original idea from |\/|artij|\| (Y);)
RE: [Idea] MSN Messenger "System Message" Codes by ryanliss on 07-13-2004 at 08:25 AM

I've done 2 more MSN "System Message" Quick Texts...
They are File Transfer

code:
#/nick   
#/me 43
-----
5 mtf& The transfer of the file "(!P)" has failed.
43-----
#/nick Your nickname here
and
code:
#/nick   
#/me 43
-----
43 mtc& The transfer of the file "(!P)" is complete.
43-----
#/nick Your nickname here