Shoutbox

[VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname (/showthread.php?tid=27826)

[VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname by DJmorphine on 06-28-2004 at 04:43 PM

I'm making a plugin that replaces the standard letters of a nick:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz into>
аъсđзғgңiјқІмиорqяѕтμvωҳуz

and
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ into>
ДβÇĐΣҒĜҢіЈҚŁМŊƠРQЯЅТЦνШҲŸZ

and automaticly read the current nickname replace the character en set the new nickname with the new characters, the only problem is i dont know how to get the current nickname. Can somebody help me?

RE: [VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname by DJmorphine on 06-28-2004 at 04:44 PM

edit: sorry the unicode character doesnt seem to work in ie, but you'll get the idea;)

RE: [VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname by DJmorphine on 06-28-2004 at 04:52 PM

hmm im working from the "sample plugin" from msgplus and that code doesnt work.

RE: [VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname by DJmorphine on 06-28-2004 at 05:11 PM

OK it works now(after installing Windows Messenger;)), but isnt there a other way because this one is dependent on windows messenger.

sorry for my bad english btw

RE: [VB] how do I get my own friendy nickname by RaceProUK on 06-29-2004 at 07:36 PM

Not on XP: the Messenger API Type Library is not implemented in the XP version of MSN Messenger, but it is in Windows Messenger. The reason you can use the API with MSN is because it uses WinMsg as a 'middle-man'.