Shoutbox

ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor (/showthread.php?tid=27843)

ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-28-2004 at 09:58 PM

ColorNick v2 is a plugin for Messenger Plus! 2/3 ONLY!  There will be no new version for Messenger Plus! Live

NOTE: a "FAQ" is now available here, including how to use ColorNick and common problems. Please read the FAQ before asking questions!

Current (and last) version: 2.0.708

Download: here

Features:

• All features of ColorNick 1 are of course there: bold, italic, underline, gradients, single color ; instant preview of the result ; color also "says:" ...
  • Now you can color what you want: only the selection, or the entire nick.
  • You can color the background of the text (single color or gradient of course).
  • New command /xcolortext , similar to /xcolornick but for normal text (messages).
  • New "auto-coloration" feature: you set a default color/gradient in the Preferences, you enable it, and then you only have to type /xcolornick My Nickname (or /xcolortext...) to color your text without showing the dialog.
  • You can use Plus! control codes with auto-coloration enabled (CTRL+B, CTRL+T, etc...)
  • Standard MSN emoticons won't be altered when using a gradient effect.
  • Enhanced color-codes decimator to get a less-than-129-characters-long nickname
  • Save your favorite nicknames to call them back later quickly thanks to /xquicknick (quicktext-like feature).
  • Imports your current nick (with colors!).
  • Completely new interface.
  • Internet updates.
  • Import/export the config from the Preferences window.
  • Available in English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Catalan and Italian.
  • Installer/uninstaller (you can uninstall from "Add/Delete Programs")

How to use: open a conversation window with any contact, type one of these commands and press Enter:
  • /xcolornick <nickname>  = change your nick
  • /xcolortext <message>  = send colored text
  • /xquicknick <shortcut>  = if a shortcut is specified, use the associated nick; else show the QuickNick dialog
  • /xquicknicksave <shortcut> = save your current nick and use the specified argument as shortcut.
  • /xcolornickcfg  = Preferences dialog
  • /xcolornickabout = About... dialog
  • /xcolornickhelp = shows the readme file
All these commands are available through the Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 menu of any conversation window.

Known limitations:
  • your contacts need Messenger Plus! to see the colors.
  • the colors of the nickname are not those you choosed in ColorNick  ->  some color codes are automatically deleted to get a shorter raw nickname (< 129 characters). Try using less colors or a shorter nickname.
  • if an error occurs during install, please be sure you closed MSN Messenger and all word processors (like MS Word) ; do not ignore the file.
  • do not use custom emoticons with shortcuts "#" or "$"
  • if you get an error "RTF->XML : can't find \viewkind ..." , there is nothing to do but wait for ColorNick 3 ; this is a known bug in ColorNick v2.

ColorNick, as a plugin, is easier to use than many other programs: you don't have to run an EXE, create the nick, copy and paste the code: you simply click "OK" and you nickname is set.(H)

You can download it from http://perso.orange.fr/mithrandir/

There are probably some bugs left, so if you encounter an error please tell me ! :)
You can contact me by email (colornick -at- tiscali.fr) or by answering to this thread.
Also, if you enjoy my plugin, tell me too ! ;)

[Image: screenshot.jpg]
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Lee on 06-28-2004 at 10:02 PM

gr8 job! thank you!

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by toddy on 06-28-2004 at 10:07 PM

looks very good :clap: , i will give it a test now

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Kafman on 06-28-2004 at 10:27 PM

Good work Mithrandir, I tested and it works very good:)
BTW I haven't found a bug yet;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by matty on 06-28-2004 at 11:09 PM

I am not sure if its just my computer or what, but when I installed the plugin and reloaded them nothing. So I closed the Plus! and MSN Messenger process and restarted both and Plus! failed to hook Messenger and display no recovery window, also a few secs later MSN Messenger Crashed. So i removed and unregistered the DLL and removed the reg key and restarted both and it worked. So not quite sure if its just my comp or what, but i will retest it when I come home from baseball tonight.

Matty

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 06-29-2004 at 10:52 AM

I found a little bug

Looks like you coded the thing in french first, when you are editting the nick and you press "show code" it becomes "voir pseudo" should be "show nick" ;) Except for that (y)!

edit: ok there's a bug :p

i edit the nick to look like this:

[Image: post-2-1088507172.jpg]

Looks good there... this is the code that appears in case u need it (also shows the above bug ;) )

[Image: post-2-1088507283.jpg]

However, when i press ok, this is what shows up:

[Image: post-2-1088507414.jpg]

The kaboom part should be black.... and i'd like should be red....

I hope this helps...

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-29-2004 at 11:27 AM

About the colors: it's not a bug, it's a normal behaviour. You're using too many colors in your long nick, so ColorNick deletes color codes to get a shorter raw nickname (< 129 characters). For the moment there is no way to have a longer nick, so please use less colors or a shorter nick !

Now about the "Voir le pseudo" bug... This string is stored, with all others messages (errors, etc...), in a resource file for both languages (English=1033 and French=1036). It doesn't change when you change ColorNick's interface language. I think Windows should use the right translation (French system -> French translation; others -> English ?). I also see that the contact showed in screenshots speaks French, and so do you. If you have a French Windows, it's normal for you to see "Voir le pseudo". Why don't use the French interface of ColorNick? ;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 06-29-2004 at 11:36 AM

Lol, i do have a french windows :p

But i'm more fluent in english (very complicated story) I don't mind having that stay in french, i was just letting you know :p

And yeah, after i posted that i realised my nick was a little too long so im gonna make it shorter now or use less colors :p

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 06-29-2004 at 01:17 PM

:) I'm gonna test this now, and btw, all the features I was hoping for are there(Y)

If I can, I'll make a Dutch translation:)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 06-29-2004 at 03:29 PM

Well, I've found quite some bugs right now:S:

- You can't translate everything
- other *.lng files exept for french.lng and english.lng aren't loaded <-- this could also be my crappy knowledge of the format:P (If that could have anything to do with it:dodgy:)
- If you use an "\" in a nickname, it'll become "\\":(
- The updater works fine exept for the wrong version of the plugin itself|-)

Well, anyway, if these thing could be fixed, I'd like the Plugin a bit more;)

I've also uploaded my *.lng file, it doesn't load in ColorNick, but you can use it if you rename it to english.lng or french.lng

EDIT: deleted the file since it's already in ColorNick now:)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-29-2004 at 05:17 PM

quote:
- You can't translate everything
Internal messages are stored in a resource file, so that error messages, which could appear before loading config, are in correct language (language of Windows). I've sent you the .RES file (Private Message) : you can edit the String Tables with ResHacker for example (your language is 1043)

quote:
-other *.lng files exept for french.lng and english.lng aren't loaded
Yes: every language file *must* be manually added in the code.
What is the official "code" for your language? I mean, for French it's "fr", English = "en", Dutch = ? (perhaps "nl"?)  (it's for the config...)

quote:
- If you use an "\" in a nickname, it'll become "\\"
Fixed in next version

quote:
- The updater works fine exept for the wrong version of the plugin itself
STUUUPPIIIIIDDD error :$ I set 2.0.268 instead of 2.0.628 :$

I'm waiting for your translation of the .RES to release the 2.0.629 version ;)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by benjyrama on 06-29-2004 at 08:44 PM

dude

I dunno if dis is wrong but I seem 2 have a different ss to every! else. Is dis a problem or hav i got da wrong version.

DIRECTED to author.:S

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by benjyrama on 06-29-2004 at 08:44 PM

woops dis is the Screenshot

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 06-29-2004 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
woops dis is the Screenshot

Re-download the plugin, there's a new version:)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-29-2004 at 09:07 PM

yeah, new version 2.0.629
if you still have the previous one you can use the Update feature, else download it from http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr

New in this version:
- fixed a bug with underlined text
- "\" gets "\\" -> fixed
- fixed missing translation for "Text" tab in the Preferences
- Dutch translation thanks to |\/|artij|\|

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 06-29-2004 at 09:23 PM

Mithrandir.... you can't say this isnt a bug :p

I got this once i rebooted my pc and loaded msn....

[Image: post-2-1088544531.jpg]
Then...
[Image: post-2-1088544610.jpg]
Then...
[Image: post-2-1088544624.jpg]

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by de dumb get dumber on 06-29-2004 at 09:29 PM

the colour to nick plugin shud be in english i dnt under stand a word it ever says and i got the english version of it as well thats the part thats pritty lame

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-29-2004 at 09:39 PM

VGProManiac... colornick.xml seems to be used by another application but I don't understand : which application is supposed to use this file??? Also, the messages you show in screenshot are meant to be in French, aren't they?

de dumb get dumber ... Well I made it in French first, and then translated it into English. But you shouldn't see any French word (since 2.0.629 of course) if you have an English Windows and Colornick's interface language set to English (error messages are choosen by windows from the resource file, or should be)

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by UnduTheGun on 06-30-2004 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
Mithrandir.... you can't say this isnt a bug :p

I got this once i rebooted my pc and loaded msn....

[Image: post-2-1088544531.jpg]
Then...
[Image: post-2-1088544610.jpg]
Then...
[Image: post-2-1088544624.jpg]

Here happens the same :(
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by user27089 on 06-30-2004 at 09:32 AM

wow!! :surprised:

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 06-30-2004 at 11:09 AM

To everybody with the "fatal error", are you using polygamy in any way?*-)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 06-30-2004 at 03:47 PM

the installer don't work...
if the installer half it's way, there comes a message that something failed...
i ignore it and continue the installer, so i start the plugin, typ text and everything, but if i want the code, there stands a message that something don't work or something...
who knows the problem?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-30-2004 at 04:00 PM

quote:
if the installer half it's way, there comes a message that something failed... i ignore it and continue the installer

If you can ignore it, it's because it's not so important... it probably happened during installation of the RTF components; but there were already all the necessary files, and one of them was locked by another app like Messenger or Word.

quote:
if i want the code, there stands a message that something don't work or something...

What is the exact message please? It's perhaps a problem with XML (but in that case you sould already have an error starting the plugin), or with RTF.
-> Which version of Windows do you have? Do you have MS Word, and which version ? (it's probably an outdated RTF DLL, the one that could not be installed)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by benjyrama on 06-30-2004 at 05:17 PM

Reloaded ColorNick but it's still the same. The french has gone but there is no nickname box at the top like everyone elses.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-30-2004 at 05:30 PM

^o) There is NO nickname box at the top of the Preferences window... :S What you are showing in the screenshot is the "auto-coloration" feature. To edit your nickname, use /xcolornick command, not /xcolornickcfg ;). To color your text, use /xcolortext command.

Auto-coloration, when enabled (see the checkbox next to tab's title - in Preferences), colors the text provided as argument to /xcolornick with a default color or gradient, without showing the usual dialog (the one you're looking for).
For example, you enable Auto-coloration for Text, close the Preferences window, and type /xcolortext My Messsage. This message will be colored with a gradient effect from blue to red for example.8-|

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 06-30-2004 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
VGProManiac... colornick.xml seems to be used by another application but I don't understand : which application is supposed to use this file??? Also, the messages you show in screenshot are meant to be in French, aren't they?

Yeah they are meant to be in french .... i think, my OS is french....
This is probably why:

quote:
Originally posted by |\/|artij|\|
To everybody with the "fatal error", are you using polygamy in any way?

I'm guessing one msn uses it and the other gets me the error. For some reason my computer sometimes boots with 2 msn's....
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-01-2004 at 11:47 AM

New version 2.0.630 !

New in this version:
- Bug: "{" and "}" get "\{" and "\}" (fixed).
- Added "Help" button in main dialog, showing the readme file.
- Added /xcolornickhelp command, similar to "Help" button.

If you already have ColorNick, you can use the Update feature, else you can download it from http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 07-01-2004 at 01:02 PM

the message that i have when i'm installing it:

fout bij het schrijven naar schijf:
"C:WINDOWS/SYSTEM/RICHTX32.OCX"

The message that i get when i'm click on show code:
[b]er is een onbekende fout opgetreden (code 13). Colernick zou nu instabiel kunnen zijn, wil je colernick nu herladen?
de fout was: (the fould was:) 8 @rtf2xml -> type mismatch

(dutch computer)
(windows 98 (seccond edition))

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 07-01-2004 at 01:04 PM

Sounds like the file is in use, close all applacations that could be using it (like Word for example;))

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 07-01-2004 at 01:07 PM

i have updated it again, see the post above ^^^^

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by UnduTheGun on 07-01-2004 at 03:33 PM

quote:
An unknown error has occurred (code 13). ColorNick may be unstable now; do you want to reload it?
The error was: 8 @ rtf2xml-> Type mismatch
I get this everytime I try to change my nickname using ColorNick...:(
If I reload it I get
quote:
Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument
I'm using windos 98 SE (Spanish) and last ColorNick version (2.0.630)
RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by DoubleUD on 07-01-2004 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Reloaded ColorNick but it's still the same. The french has gone but there is no nickname box at the top like everyone elses.

The same here :(
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-01-2004 at 04:55 PM

quote:

I think you aren't looking at the correct window... (like benjyrama -> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27...=270613#pid270613).

This is the Preferences window, and you're using the "auto-coloration" feature. The usual window (the one in my screenshot) can be shown thanks to the command: /xcolornick. But, as you probably enabled this auto-coloration feature, please disable it before trying /xcolornick : uncheck the checkbox next to the tab title in the Preferences.

All the commands can be found in the "Plus! -> Plugins -> Colornick" menu of each conversation window. You have also a /xcolornickhelp command showing the readme file (version >2.0.630 only)
RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by DoubleUD on 07-01-2004 at 05:35 PM

quote:
quote:

I think you aren't looking at the correct window... (like benjyrama -> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27...=270613#pid270613).

This is the Preferences window, and you're using the "auto-coloration" feature. The usual window (the one in my screenshot) can be shown thanks to the command: /xcolornick. But, as you probably enabled this auto-coloration feature, please disable it before trying /xcolornick : uncheck the checkbox next to the tab title in the Preferences.

All the commands can be found in the "Plus! -> Plugins -> Colornick" menu of each conversation window. You have also a /xcolornickhelp command showing the readme file (version >2.0.630 only)

Thanks a lot, now I know everything :D
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tarry on 07-01-2004 at 08:01 PM

I think there's a bug.

See screenshot attached.

(I meant, the gradient options are not shown correctly).

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-01-2004 at 08:21 PM

:o strange :|
It isn't only the gradient options, it's ALL the gradients of the interface :S

These gradients are created with the standard gdi32 library from Windows, and I think the code is OK (nobody else seems to have the problem). It's perhaps a memory problem? How many RAM have you got...? You were perhaps running too many programs at the same time...?

You can also try restarting Windows, starting MSN and see if the problem is still there. If it is, ok there is a bug :S

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tarry on 07-01-2004 at 08:27 PM

Restarted and the problem's still there.

Windows version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Version: 6.2.0133
Messenger Plus! version: 3.01.0094
RAM: 384MB
Processor: PIV 2.40 GHz

I was using Polygamy, but not many progs at the same time.

BTW, I've done Catalan translation for ColorNick. Do I have to post it here, or what?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-01-2004 at 08:43 PM

The problem may come from Polygamy; try closing all MSN Messengers and use the old Windows Messenger (if it works in WinMessenger, it's probably polygamy ;)). Else... we'll see.

About the Catalan translation : first, thank you for translating it; please email me your MSN address (colornick -at- tiscali.fr). There are other things to translate, and it's better to communicate with MSN Messenger ;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tarry on 07-01-2004 at 08:55 PM

For a strange reason I can't remember now, I uninstalled the old Windows Messenger so I can't test it.

But if you need, I can re-download it ;).

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-06-2004 at 11:39 AM

New version 2.0.705 :

- Added Spanish translation thanks to Pedro
- Added Catalan translation thanks to Tarry
- Added "known limitations" section to the readme file

If you already have ColorNick you can use the update feature (in the Preferences window), else you can download it from http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-08-2004 at 10:02 PM

A new version, again ! 2.0.708

- Added Italian translation thanks to LuCa and Tipo82.
- Added two buttons to Preferences, to import/export the config.
- Added "/xquicknicksave <shortcut>" command.
- Bug while using "/xcolornick <nickname>" (fixed).
- Bug: Messenger wasn't started at the end of the install on some systems.

as usual you can update it with the Update feature or http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr :)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by fantasy on 07-15-2004 at 11:43 AM

Its a cool thing but if my name is to lang there standing 0/16 ....

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by weirdal27 on 07-18-2004 at 05:14 AM

I have a problem that nobody else has:
error rtf->xml: can't found "\viewkind" -> unexpected behavior

I get that when pressing "show code" or when pressink "ok" on nick color or text color

latest version of plus!, latest version of this plugin, msn messenger v.6.2.0133 windows me

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Martijn. on 07-18-2004 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27

I get that when pressing "show code" or when pressink "ok" on nick color or text color

latest version of plus!, latest version of this plugin, msn messenger v.6.2.0133 windows me

Try reinstalling, and overwriting your preferences*-)...
RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27

The RichText Control doesn't behave as I expect it to... this message is a warning, not a fatal error, but I suppose you saw other errors after that or a strange nick/text ...?

Did you see any error during install, especially about RICHTX32.OCX ?
If everything is installed correctly and you still have the error, I'll send you a debug version of the plugin...
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by CookieRevised on 07-18-2004 at 11:08 AM

your download link on your page is very dodgy:
http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr/count.php
yet it returns "CNsetup.exe.php" :/

Small bug: on a multi-monitored system the preferences panel doesn't popup on the main monitor used for MSN Messenger.... <== make that every (config) window that pops up....

PS: I also found many (small) mistakes in the dutch translation, how do I report them?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 11:17 AM

:^) for me it's CNsetup.exe (with IE)
it's a very simple php script that counts the number of downloads and sends the file

code:

$cnsetup = "plugins/CNsetup.exe";
header("Content-Type: application/exe");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=CNsetup.exe");
readfile($cnsetup);

for the Dutch translation, please report it to |\/|artij|\|
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by CookieRevised on 07-18-2004 at 11:20 AM

quote:
for the Dutch translation, please report it to |\/|artij|\|
sorry, what I meant was: how? listing every mistake and telling where it is will take a very long time. It's far more efficient if I can directly alter the resource (RES) file and send that...

EDIT: never mind...

So if I get the string table inside the dll and also the lng-file I have all the strings that are translated? Or are there any more strings somewhere?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Small bug: on a multi-monitored system the preferences panel doesn't popup on the main monitor used for MSN Messenger.... <== make that every (config) window that pops up....

it's probably a Plus! bug (but is it really a bug?), as every window in ColorNick has its StartUpPosition property set to CenterOwner. Using /xcolornickcfg should display the config window correctly

quote:
sorry, what I meant was: how? listing every mistake and telling where it is will take a very long time. It's far more efficient if I can directly alter the resource (RES) file and send that...

I can send you the RES; contact me by email (colornick -at- tiscali.fr)

EDIT:
quote:
So if I get the string table inside the dll and also the lng-file I have all the strings that are translated? Or are there any more strings somewhere?
please do not modify the DLL directly (it will alter the CONFIG part...), it's better to edit the RES.
the RES + the LNG contain all the strings that are translated.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by CookieRevised on 07-18-2004 at 11:33 AM

quote:
it's probably a Plus! bug (but is it really a bug?), as every window in ColorNick has its StartUpPosition property set to CenterOwner. Using /xcolornickcfg should display the config window correctly
The thing you center on is the eventwindow is seems (on for me that's on my second monitor), not the main messenger window and/or the current convo window...

quote:
please do not modify the DLL directly (it will alter the CONFIG part...), it's better to edit the RES. the RES + the LNG contain all the strings that are translated.
I'm not talking about editing, I'm talking about exporting the string table....

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 11:46 AM

quote:
I'm not talking about editing, I'm talking about exporting the string table....

ok, if you want :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 07-18-2004 at 02:30 PM

Mithrandir, i see that you have put up some updates, how exactly do we install them, just over the old one or do we uninstal the old one?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 02:46 PM

simply install over the old version (but don't forget to close MSN before ;))

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by cooldude_i06 on 07-18-2004 at 06:23 PM

im getting the gradient problem as well as a problem where no matter what name i choose, the first 5-6 character are displayed white :S

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 06:35 PM

the gradient problem is a strange thing, and Tarry doesn't have this problem anymore...

but could you describe your second problem more precisely ? version of Windows, errors during install, the nickname and the colors you wanted, perhaps a screenshot...?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by cooldude_i06 on 07-18-2004 at 07:00 PM

actually nvm,
the first problem got solved by reinstalling.
second problem was my fault...i was using gradient on too many character and was exceeding the name limit

it would be a good idea to have a notification if the name goes over the limit...otherwise

thanks for the quick reply :)
great tool (Y)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 07:28 PM

quote:
it would be a good idea to have a notification if the name goes over the limit...

that would be of course possible, but it'll soon be very annoying :D
with 13 characters you already have 1 color code deleted...

you'll get a message if ALL the color codes are deleted, or if the nick is >129 characters
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by weirdal27 on 07-18-2004 at 08:32 PM

well, i reinstalled the plugin, everything went ok on the install (as it did last time) and I still get the error
when i do a text color and click ok i get the popup error then i click ok on that and it sends this message:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss MS Sans
Serif;}{\f1\froman\fcharset2 Symbol;}{\f2\fswiss Arial;}{\f3\fswiss
Arial;}}{\colortbl\red0\green0lue0;\red0\green0lue127;\red0\green12lue140;\
red0\green25lue153;\red0\green38lue166;\red0\green128lue255;\red0\green
64lue191;\red0\green76lue204;\red0\green89lue216;\red0\green51lue178;\r
ed0\green115lue242;\red0\green102lue229;}\deflang1036\plain\f3t\plain\f3h
\plain\f3i\plain\f3s\plain\f3i\plain\f3s\plain\f3a\plain\f3t\plain\f3e\plain\f3s\plain
\f3t\plain\f3

EDIt: woah, i blew the margins. those last 8 lines are unbroken text

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Maniac on 07-18-2004 at 08:37 PM

quote:
quote:
it would be a good idea to have a notification if the name goes over the limit...

that would be of course possible, but it'll soon be very annoying :D
with 13 characters you already have 1 color code deleted...

you'll get a message if ALL the color codes are deleted, or if the nick is >129 characters

1 code deleted after 13 characters? huh? ************** that's 13.... that's way too short.... :s

*wonders if anyone noticed i put 14 :refuck: *
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-18-2004 at 09:18 PM

quote:
\plain\f3i\plain\f3s\plain\f3i\plain\f3s\plain\f3a\plain\f3t\plain\f3e\plain\f3s\plain
\f3t\plain\f3

it's not the kind of RTF code I expect... I don't know why for some people it's this kind of code, and for others it's te same as mine... I thought it was the RichTextBox version which was the problem, but you said everything is ok in the install...

Could you describe your system? language, version of riched20.dll and richtx32.ocx (in C:\Windows\System)...
RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Bad Seed on 09-09-2004 at 03:02 PM

quote:
quote:
\f3t\plain\f3

it's not the kind of RTF code I expect... I don't know why for some people it's this kind of code, and for others it's te same as mine... I thought it was the RichTextBox version which was the problem, but you said everything is ok in the install...

Could you describe your system? language, version of riched20.dll and richtx32.ocx (in C:\Windows\System)...

Hi, I installed this plugin today and I recieved the same error messages as weirdal27. My OS is Windows Millennium Edition (Spanish), the version of riched20.dll is 5.30.23.1203 and the version of richtx32.ocx is 6.0.88.77

Cheers.
RE: RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-10-2004 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Seed
Hi, I installed this plugin today and I recieved the same error messages as weirdal27. My OS is Windows Millennium Edition (Spanish), the version of riched20.dll is 5.30.23.1203 and the version of richtx32.ocx is 6.0.88.77

Cheers.

Hi,
This bug is already fixed (well, I believe it's fixed) in my development version, but I won't release the next version until I've finished other things like the Flash Tour (for the newbies ;))

Please be patient ;)
RE: RE: RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Bad Seed on 09-10-2004 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MithrandirHi,
This bug is already fixed (well, I believe it's fixed) in my development version, but I won't release the next version until I've finished other things like the Flash Tour (for the newbies ;))

Please be patient ;)

Thank you, I'll be waiting :o)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 09-11-2004 at 06:53 PM

i've stil got the annoying problem that i've posted before...
no one answered on that problem of me, sow i post a screen now with my problem, very mutch thnx to the person that helps me
[Image: attachment.php?pid=305535]

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-11-2004 at 07:56 PM

Try closing all running applications before installing ColorNick (including Messenger of course). The file appears to be in use, so it can't replace it...

If the error still occurs, try to Ignore it ("Negeren" ?) and see if ColorNick works. If it does not... you can try booting windows in safe mode and install from there, or wait for the next release :) (no more richtx32.ocx)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mike15 on 09-12-2004 at 12:15 AM

OK hello everybody! I'm new here but I have a problem with the CorlorNick v2....

I have insatalled it... its in my plugins. and it want work.. I have it checked.. and my nick.. it will not change to what I set it too..

My version is: 2.0.708

Thanks!

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-12-2004 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike15

OK hello everybody! I'm new here but I have a problem with the CorlorNick v2....

I have insatalled it... its in my plugins. and it want work.. I have it checked.. and my nick.. it will not change to what I set it too..

My version is: 2.0.708

Thanks!

What's the problem exactly? Do you see strange codes instead of the nick, do you get any error message?
Are you trying to color a long nick with many colors?

Perhaps could you post a screenshot?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mike15 on 09-12-2004 at 06:44 PM

Well thats the problem I dont see anychange in my nick's color.... and could you tell me how to post a screenshot?

Thanks,
      MIKE

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-13-2004 at 10:51 AM

Are you using the /xcolornick command or are you trying to color your nick through the Preferences panel? (some people did that...)

To make a screenshot press the Print Screen key on your keyboard, then open an image processing software like Photoshop, and paste the screenshot in a new document. Be sure to save it as JPEG to reduce its size.
And then post it here as Attachment.

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 09-13-2004 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Try closing all running applications before installing ColorNick (including Messenger of course). The file appears to be in use, so it can't replace it...

If the error still occurs, try to Ignore it ("Negeren" ?) and see if ColorNick works. If it does not... you can try booting windows in safe mode and install from there, or wait for the next release :) (no more richtx32.ocx)

it still won't work...

check your private messages , let's talk further over there
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by :.:. luca .:.: on 09-15-2004 at 05:46 AM

i'm getting this msg "Error rtf->xml: can't found "\viewkind" -> unexpected behaviour"
my OS is Windows 98 SE, could that be the problem?

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-15-2004 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by :.:. luca .:.:
i'm getting this msg "Error rtf->xml: can't found "\viewkind" -> unexpected behaviour"
my OS is Windows 98 SE, could that be the problem?

please wait for the next release, that problem will be fixed :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by :.:. luca .:.: on 09-15-2004 at 05:51 PM

k man, thx a lot!! ;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mike15 on 09-16-2004 at 03:24 PM

it saids the attacthment is too large

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-16-2004 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike15
Hello sorry everybody that it took so long.... but here is the screenshot....I couldn't figure out how to paste it here?    But maybe this well work.....

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0\misc\temp\ColorNick.JPG

Thanks..... and tell me if I doesn't work...

It doesn't work : please edit your message, and click the "Browse..." button in the Attachment field to select the file. Then hit Update Post :)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=308228]

EDIT:
"it saids the attacthment is too large"

try to select a lower JPEG quality when saving your image, try to zip it...
if it's still too large, please send it to colornick -at- msgplus.net (new email :banana:)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by homeboy72 on 09-17-2004 at 05:09 PM

i ave no idear y but when i try 2 change colour it jus puts my user name as the code plz help

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-17-2004 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by homeboy72
i ave no idear y but when i try 2 change colour it jus puts my user name as the code plz help
1- do you have custom emoticons with "$", "#" or numbers as shortcut? (if so, please choose another shortcut)

2- do you get any error message?

3- could you copy/paste that code?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Pure_BY on 09-19-2004 at 02:08 PM

I like this plugin. I'd like to put it to Mess.be :)

May I link the file directly to your website? That will be handy in case you update it -- people will automatically get the newer version.

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-19-2004 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY

I like this plugin. I'd like to put it to Mess.be :)

May I link the file directly to your website? That will be handy in case you update it -- people will automatically get the newer version.

No problem, you can put it on mess.be !!! (Y)
About the link, that won't be possible : Tiscali won't allow many downloads :(
Perhaps can you link to http://www.msgplus.net/plugins/CN2setup.exe  ? (MsgPlus! plugin database). That way you'll always have the latest "official" version.

For the different fields of paFileDB, here is some information:
- creator: Fabien Crespel
- version: 2.0.708
- site: http://crespel.chez.tiscali.fr
- instructions: instructions are in the installer (at the beginning)
- others: as you want :)

Thank you very very much ! (Y)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Pure_BY on 09-20-2004 at 08:10 PM

I don't think I am allowed to link to MsgPlus.net files. I will just upload it to Mess.be server.
I would ask you to notify me through a PM when there is a new version available, so i can upload it! Thanks :)

<edit>
Thanks for providong db information! :)
</edit>

<edit2>
Ok, I have posted it! Check it out: www.mess.be :)
Btw, don't thank me, thank yourself :) ;)
</edit2>

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by DeViL_CaT on 09-21-2004 at 05:40 AM

my color nickname doesn't show up at msn main window,it shows some strange codes before my nickname.but it's fine in the message (chat) windows.how can i fix it?
thanks.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Pure_BY on 09-21-2004 at 05:45 AM

Those "strange codes" are MsgPlus! color codes, that are transformed in colors in conversations.

The only one, who can do anything about it is Patchou himself.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 09-22-2004 at 08:50 PM

[n00b mode] i still have no idea how to simple color my nick. theres nowhere to type out what i want colored [/n00b mode]

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-23-2004 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

[n00b mode] i still have no idea how to simple color my nick. theres nowhere to type out what i want colored [/n00b mode]

^o) well you only have to type /xcolornick and press Enter in a conversation window, and you'll see the dialog...
did you read the instructions at the beginning of the installer ? 8-):P

all the commands can be found in the Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 menu
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by crazy_laurens on 09-23-2004 at 04:54 PM

hey mithrander...
i never see you on msn, so i'll say it here:

isn't it a idea that you put a butten so you can see all smilies and click on one to get them in your nickname...

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-23-2004 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by crazy_laurens

i never see you on msn

- ADSL stopped working on 2 september. I had free hours in 56k but used all of them a few days ago. I had to pay to get Internet so I didn't stay a very long time connected (now ADSL is back :o) )
- my computer burnt on Monday, I got it repaired yesterday

quote:
isn't it a idea that you put a butten so you can see all smilies and click on one to get them in your nickname...
yeah... I should add that (not very difficult), but first I would like to know if many people are interested in it?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 09-23-2004 at 08:29 PM

quote:
quote:

^o) well you only have to type /xcolornick and press Enter in a conversation window, and you'll see the dialog...
did you read the instructions at the beginning of the installer ? 8-):P

all the commands can be found in the Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 menu

oh i was doing it the the plus menu and this dialog didnt come up. sorry bout that

I like the idea stated btw......
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by elrondx on 09-25-2004 at 12:23 PM

hey Mithrandir,
thanks for creating such a wonderful program. =)
im experiencing a little bug here.
im currently using msg plus! 2 and msn 6.2. I managed to install ColorNick v2 and was able to run it. i typed in my usual nickname, which is 6 characters long, with no emoticons or other special features, in the slot provided by the program. did abit of gradient colouring and some simple background colour changes.
The problem, after i did all tht and clicked the 'show code' button, i get this pop-up error stating
"Error rtf -> xml: can't found "\"viewkind" -> unexpected behaviour" 
and shortly after that, i get another pop-up saying that my nick was too long.  In your readme file, you stated that u're allowed 129 characters long. why do i get pop-up when i only have 6 letters?
anyone experiencing the same problem?
is there any way to solve this? 

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-25-2004 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by elrondx
hey Mithrandir,
thanks for creating such a wonderful program. =)

quote:
Originally posted by elrondx

In your readme file, you stated that u're allowed 129 characters long. why do i get pop-up when i only have 6 letters?

you get the last message because of the first one. RTF parsing failed so the nick is full of RTF codes :s

sorry about this, but you'll have to wait for the next release to see this bug fixed ;-)

I'm working on some new things for the next release, it'll be a major update...
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by elrondx on 09-26-2004 at 01:06 AM

no problemo. [Image: msn_wink.old.gif]
Yea, i've noticed that the RTF codes are way bit too long on certain times that i wa able to run the program properly.
hope you release the update soon.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by lil-cutie on 10-07-2004 at 12:59 PM

hi i can't figure out how to use this color nick thingy!! were do u type it all in!! and how do u get the background in ur msn name!! and multie coloured writin??? plz reply

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tochjo on 10-07-2004 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lil-cutie
were do u type it all in!
In a conversation window, type /xcolornick and press enter or click Send. You can also type a name already after that, so /xcolornick nick would allow you to change the formatting of nick right away.

quote:
how do u get the background in ur msn name!
This is not something you need ColorNick for, you can do it with simple Plus! commands. A nice and detailed tutorial can be found at http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors - it explains background colours in general, and the last paragraph tells how to use them in names.

quote:
and multie coloured writin?
That can also be found at http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Gonraz on 10-08-2004 at 10:08 AM

Is it compatible with all Windows versions? I'm using Win98. and it seems the ColorNick v2 doesnt work for me. I have Messenger Plus 3.20. By the way...is it true that most plug-ins doesnt work for Win98? thanks....

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 10-08-2004 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gonraz
Is it compatible with all Windows versions? I'm using Win98. and it seems the ColorNick v2 doesnt work for me.
It should work with all Windows versions (I personally tested it with Windows 98 SE)
Do you get any error message? what's happening exactly?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by expert on 10-08-2004 at 02:05 PM

i found some major flaws in the old color nick

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 10-09-2004 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coobydoo
i found some major flaws in the old color nick
if it doesn't concern ColorNick v2 then it's pointless :-/

but if you found something concerning the last version I would like to know what, in order to fix it in v2.1 ;-)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by benjyrama on 10-09-2004 at 04:41 PM

o, i've been noticing a problem with adding numbers. Every time i use numbers, they either dont appear or the colouring gets really screwed up or both. I'd appreciate it if u fixed this bug

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 10-09-2004 at 05:26 PM

quote:
o, i've been noticing a problem with adding numbers. Every time i use numbers, they either dont appear or the colouring gets really screwed up or both. I'd appreciate it if u fixed this bug

The problem is with short color codes. If you try to color "1" in red for example (code 4), the result will be "41". And there comes the problem: 41 is a color code too :s

If you try to color ".1" or "blahblahblah 1" in red, it'll work because the first character to be colored is not a number.

I wonder how to solve this problem... I could add a space between the color code and the number, that wouldn't be difficult but if you try to color in red the "1" in "blahblah1", you'll get "blahblah 1" :-/
I could also use the long color code (#FF0000 for example) instead of the short one when the character is a number...*-)
Anyway, I'll try to fix it for the next version :)

for the moment, please do it manually by copy/pasting and editing the code given by the "Show code" button ;-)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by benjyrama on 10-09-2004 at 08:23 PM

thanx, i see the problem now

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by kittyfantastico on 10-13-2004 at 06:05 PM

is there ne faster ways 2 add colour 2 your name insted ov havin to do it on a contact convo?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 10-13-2004 at 06:28 PM

quote:
if you found something concerning the last version I would like to know what, in order to fix it in v2.1 ;-)

What can we expect the release date to be for 2.1? What new stuff will it bring?

quote:
Originally posted by kittyfantastico
is there ne faster ways 2 add colour 2 your name insted ov havin to do it on a contact convo?

No.........why are you in such a hurry?
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by CookieRevised on 10-14-2004 at 10:33 PM

quote:
The problem is with short color codes. If you try to color "1" in red for example (code 4), the result will be "41". And there comes the problem: 41 is a color code too

If you try to color ".1" or "blahblahblah 1" in red, it'll work because the first character to be colored is not a number.

I wonder how to solve this problem... I could add a space between the color code and the number, that wouldn't be difficult but if you try to color in red the "1" in "blahblah1", you'll get "blahblah 1"
I could also use the long color code (#FF0000 for example) instead of the short one when the character is a number...
Anyway, I'll try to fix it for the next version

for the moment, please do it manually by copy/pasting and editing the code given by the "Show code" button
The solution is very simple: 041 ("1" in foreground color 4)

Same with background colors, eg: 4,091 ("1" in foreground color 4, background color 9)

In short, put a zero in front of the number if the colornumber is only 1 digit to make it correct (because actually a colorcode consists of 2 digits).

;)
RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 10-15-2004 at 11:54 AM

quote:
What can we expect the release date to be for 2.1? What new stuff will it bring?

many bug fixes, norwegian translation, Flash tour... and perhaps something else ;-)
I can't tell you a release date at the moment, I haven't a lot of time to work on it :-/

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The solution is very simple: 041 ("1" in foreground color 4)

Same with background colors, eg: 4,091 ("1" in foreground color 4, background color 9)

In short, put a zero in front of the number if the colornumber is only 1 digit to make it correct (because actually a colorcode consists of 2 digits).

thanks !!! I didn't know that (Y)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by hyperhawk on 10-24-2004 at 07:14 PM

I am having a problem with mine. It sais to click on PLUS! then plugin, and ColorNickV2 but when I click on PlUS! there is no plugin option. I clicked on pref. and there was a plugin, and said ColorNick V2 but it won't let me change my nick name color. Please help.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tochjo on 10-24-2004 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hyperhawk
when I click on PlUS! there is no plugin option.
There is such an option if you click the menu in a conversation window :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 10-25-2004 at 06:26 PM

Mithrandir - a suggestion: how bout you investigate a little and figure out exactly how those codes that at suppose to change the font in your nickname work and incorperate them into ColorNick v3?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 10-28-2004 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Mithrandir - a suggestion: how bout you investigate a little and figure out exactly how those codes that at suppose to change the font in your nickname work and incorperate them into ColorNick v3?
I don't think I'll support those codes, they don't work for everyone, they mess up the conversation...
But if one day Plus! supports font tags like it currently supports formatting and color tags, I'll implement them in ColorNick ;-)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 11-02-2004 at 09:08 PM

OK another suggestion; will v3 be compatible with Polygamy? as you may know when 2 messengers start up the second cant have the XML loaded because its in use. Any chance you can fix that? Out of all the plugins i have in Plus! yours is the only one imcompatible with polygamy :(

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 11-02-2004 at 09:55 PM

quote:

OK another suggestion; will v3 be compatible with Polygamy? as you may know when 2 messengers start up the second cant have the XML loaded because its in use. Any chance you can fix that? Out of all the plugins i have in Plus! yours is the only one imcompatible with polygamy :(

it's on my to-do list ! it will be fixed in the next release
note: it will be v2.1 or even v2.5 (if I achieve to do everything I want), but not yet v3 ;)

if anyone has another suggestion, please let me know !
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Hank on 11-03-2004 at 02:27 AM

will this Be Supported in MSN Messenger 7 beta's  ColourNick ? ,

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 11-03-2004 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
will this Be Supported in MSN Messenger 7 beta's  ColourNick ?
^o) polygamy will be supported in next release of ColorNick (v2.1 or 2.5 as I said) but there won't be any release before that one. No special release for MSN 7 is planned, because ColorNick itself only depends on MsgPlus!

If it's not compatible with MSN 7 yet, it's because the /nick command does not work in Plus! 3.40. I hope Patchou will solve this issue soon (Y). Anyway he already did a great job with MSN 7 nearly-complete compatibility :o)

For the moment, you'll have to press the "Show Code" button in ColorNick after creating your nickname, copy the code, and then open Messenger's Options to paste the new nickname.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Hank on 11-04-2004 at 02:05 AM

quote:
polygamy will be supported in next release of ColorNick (v2.1 or 2.5 as I said) but there won't be any release before that one. No special release for MSN 7 is planned, because ColorNick itself only depends on MsgPlus!

If it's not compatible with MSN 7 yet, it's because the /nick command does not work in Plus! 3.40. I hope Patchou will solve this issue soon . Anyway he already did a great job with MSN 7 nearly-complete compatibility

For the moment, you'll have to press the "Show Code" button in ColorNick after creating your nickname, copy the code, and then open Messenger's Options to paste the new nickname.

thanks for this info :)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Squallco on 11-04-2004 at 05:38 PM

Hi everyone :),

On the 1st hand i would like to thanks Mithrandir for his great log., the coding isnt perfect yet but the log. itself is great,
On the second hand i would like to know if theres a command for an auto-colouring text (then i wouldnt have to type /xcolortext <text>)
Thanks for replying me.
Regards

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by EGIS on 11-04-2004 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Squallco
On the second hand i would like to know if theres a command for an auto-colouring text (then i wouldnt have to type /xcolortext <text>)
That's a good suggestion, just like the auto-talkers in SPNG.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Squallco on 11-04-2004 at 05:59 PM

the SPNG auto talker doesnt seem to works for me. well ive got a lot of problems indeed.

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 11-04-2004 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EGIS
quote:
Originally posted by Squallco
That's a good suggestion, just like the auto-talkers in SPNG.

I'm working on it at the moment, and it seems to work fine :o)
you can expect this feature to be in the next release!

btw I was thinking of another new feature I could perhaps add... Something to add text before and after the nickname, to produce this kind of effect: •·.·´¯`·.·•Nickname•·.·´¯`·.·•
What do you think of it? (I have to know if someone will use it before coding it :) )

I'm still open to any other suggestion (Y)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by inskidahv on 11-08-2004 at 04:59 PM

i just want to know, how to disable the auto coloration?
I am so desperate about using this plugin.. :(

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 11-08-2004 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inskidahv
i just want to know, how to disable the auto coloration?
I am so desperate about using this plugin.. :(

In a conversation window, click the Plus! menu, then ColorNick v2, then Configure at the bottom of the list. There, uncheck the box next to the tabs' titles ("Nickname" and "Text"). Click Close, and that's all! :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 11-09-2004 at 10:06 PM

quote:
I'm working on it at the moment, and it seems to work fine :o)
you can expect this feature to be in the next release!

btw I was thinking of another new feature I could perhaps add... Something to add text before and after the nickname, to produce this kind of effect: •·.·´¯`·.·•Nickname•·.·´¯`·.·•
What do you think of it? (I have to know if someone will use it before coding it :) )

I'm still open to any other suggestion (Y)

Personally i would use it.......
Damn i gotta start a thread about the different fonts in the nickname so Patchou can support it and you can put it in ColorNick.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by RockMoe on 11-26-2004 at 05:30 AM

wow... it's cool though...goooo job and keep up the good work

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by webpain on 11-28-2004 at 05:37 PM

q1: Is there a feature such as chat-only name (as in SPNG) so that on other contact's list the name does not appear in code? It would be cool to be able to do this. Will it work if I paste the code into SPNG's chat-only name? (I cannot see the code button. see q3)

q2: how do the names apear in the chat window when the contact does not have plus?

q3: when I go into the prefferences of colornick (via msgplus plugins configure button) I dont get the show code button but only the 2 tabs for nick and text coloring. (is there an / command?) See attachment please.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by andrey on 11-28-2004 at 05:48 PM

a1: no, use SP-NG for the chat-only names and it will work if you paste the code in.

a2: probably like this, for example "Andreyblablabla" would look like this: "·$4Andrey·$9bla·$12bla·$8bla·0"

a3: you can see the code when you open a conversation window and enter /xcolornick. "Show Code"-button at the topright.
Also try the commands in the "conversation window" -> "Plus!" -> "Plugins" -> ColorNickv2" they are quite useful ;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 11-28-2004 at 07:45 PM

So hows it going......

How to install? by mastercop on 12-01-2004 at 04:42 AM

Hi. I have question to install program.
- I don't know about "Validation Code"
- How I get a code to install program ?

Thank you for answer.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tochjo on 12-01-2004 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mastercop
- I don't know about "Validation Code"
A validation code is not required to install ColorNick. It is only needed when you wish to install StuffPlug NG. Although StuffPlug NG can also install this plugin during installation, you can very well download ColorNick separately.

quote:
Originally posted by mastercop
- How I get a code to install program ?
To  obtain the validation code for StuffPlug NG, go to http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=generate and enter the code you see in the installation program. Click Generate and your code will be made.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Nightstalker on 12-02-2004 at 03:18 PM

hello,i'm new here

may i ask how to disable the auto-colouration?

can please take a screenshot and teach me how?

i know that A LOT of people have talked about this,but i still don't understand ^o)

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 12-02-2004 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nightstalker
hello,i'm new here

may i ask how to disable the auto-colouration?

can please take a screenshot and teach me how?

i know that A LOT of people have talked about this,but i still don't understand ^o)

^o) If you enabled it you should know how to disable it, since it's disabled by default :s

anyway, here is what to do:

- in a conversation window, click Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 -> Configure...
- uncheck the 2 checkboxes at the top of the window (see screenshot in attachment)
- click Close
- in a conversation window, type /xcolornick and press Enter
-> now you can edit your nickname normally ;-)

I know this auto-coloration feature is quite confusing, I'll make things clearer in ColorNick v3 (yes, I finally decided to start working on v3 - not v2.1 or 2.5 as I said some time ago :))
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 12-03-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
^o) If you enabled it you should know how to disable it, since it's disabled by default :s

anyway, here is what to do:

- in a conversation window, click Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 -> Configure...
- uncheck the 2 checkboxes at the top of the window (see screenshot in attachment)
- click Close
- in a conversation window, type /xcolornick and press Enter
-> now you can edit your nickname normally ;-)

I know this auto-coloration feature is quite confusing, I'll make things clearer in ColorNick v3 (yes, I finally decided to start working on v3 - not v2.1 or 2.5 as I said some time ago :))

What is your target release date for ColorNick3? (EST)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 12-04-2004 at 12:20 PM

quote:

What is your target release date for ColorNick3? (EST)

I can't give any release date for the moment, I've just started working on it :). It'll be in 2005.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Nicovdb on 12-17-2004 at 02:51 PM

weirdal 27 had the same problem as me
could mithrandir send me please the debugged version

email: hiphop_fffreak@hotmail.com

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 12-17-2004 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nicovdb
weirdal 27 had the same problem as me
could mithrandir send me please the debugged version

email: hiphop_fffreak@hotmail.com

I don't have this version anymore: it was my current version some time ago, but I changed many things after that and now it's very unstable and incomplete. Moreover I've started working on ColorNick v3 so I won't update the v2

sorry, but you'll have to wait for the next version ;-)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Nicovdb on 12-18-2004 at 12:31 PM

Ok,
I'll wait with impatience

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by on_da_pull on 12-26-2004 at 12:27 AM

hey dere can anyone tell me wut is it everytime i try to color my nick my msn get messed  n it gives error unexpected behaviour n den its says nick to long try to make it short wut is it

:(can anyone help me ???

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 12-26-2004 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by on_da_pull
hey dere can anyone tell me wut is it everytime i try to color my nick my msn get messed  n it gives error unexpected behaviour n den its says nick to long try to make it short wut is it

:(can anyone help me ???

It's a bug in ColorNick v2. Sorry but you'll have to wait for the next version ...
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by on_da_pull on 12-26-2004 at 01:34 PM

quote:
It's a bug in ColorNick v2. Sorry but you'll have to wait for the next version ...

hey dere,
okay nvm but wen we gonna get the new version :)

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 12-26-2004 at 04:56 PM

quote:
hey dere,
okay nvm but wen we gonna get the new version :)

not before 1 month or 2, sorry :^)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by on_da_pull on 12-26-2004 at 06:50 PM

quote:
not before 1 month or 2, sorry :^)

Ooo hooooo..... okay nvm best of luck buddy

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by firewalker on 12-29-2004 at 03:03 AM

Most of my friends don't have plus.
Is there any way they can see those colors without plus? Or is there any other plug-in can do the same effect without forcing my contact to install plus? I love plus but most of my contacts don't want so much trouble... :(

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Tochjo on 12-29-2004 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by firewalker
Is there any way they can see those colors without plus?
No, it is Messenger Plus! that interprets the colour codes. Without Plus! colours cannot show, sorry.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Flames on 01-07-2005 at 01:30 AM

i tried everything!
-installing the new version
-tried all the codes

nothing worked! same problem

this is the screenshot..

please help

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 01-07-2005 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Flames
i tried everything!
-installing the new version
-tried all the codes

nothing worked! same problem

this is the screenshot..

please help

what problem?
what screenshot?
please be more precise :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 01-08-2005 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by firewalker
want so much trouble...

So much trouble?? Its not problem. You install, select the sponser program yes/no, and be done with it. No TROUBLE or anything. You, if you like Plus! gotta distrubute it as much as you can. Not only that but i bet after you intro your friends to Plus! they will think........."How did i use Messenger without this?"
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 01-08-2005 at 12:27 AM

Mithrandir sorry if i asked this question before but what can we expect from ColorNick v3?
Have you commented on the suggestion I proposed about the different fonts with Patchou?

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 01-08-2005 at 09:03 PM

quote:

Mithrandir sorry if i asked this question before but what can we expect from ColorNick v3?

- new interface
- easier to use
- better support for Polygamy
- many bugfixes
- many small improvements
- alternate colors by word or letter (example)
- per-user configuration
- easier to translate
- nickname history (logging all your/your contacts nicknames)
- improvements in the QuickNick feature
- Nickname style (adding decorations before and after the nickname to create wave effects, etc...)
- Emoticons button
- Automatic coloration? (no need no type /xcolortext ; I still have problems with it)
- perhaps a button next to Plus' one in the Conversation window (near the Send button, already started working in it) -> would allow to enable/disable auto-coloration quickly, change nickname, use a QuickNick, ...
- perhaps a button next to Email and MSN Today buttons in MSN7 main window (I haven't tried yet, could cause problems with polygamy)
- suggestions?

quote:

Have you commented on the suggestion I proposed about the different fonts with Patchou?

no, but I don't think Patchou would implement it; and it would be useful only for the nickname = many difficulties for a so small thing.
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by PhoenixFire on 01-31-2005 at 11:07 AM

Hey people i get the error

Error rtf-> xml : can't found "\viewkind" -> unexpected behavior

then once i click ok it tells me that "The nickname is too long. Please choose another one, or change the text formatting."

Anybody wanna help me out here please 8o|

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 01-31-2005 at 07:35 PM

Sounds good....3 suggestions....

-when changing a nick ColorNick2 sometimes mixes the old colors from the previous nick with the new colors. So a sorta clear would be nice Example:

My current nick: [red]hey[/red]
I put in CN: [blue]hey ouou[/blue]
CN sends: /nick "Im changing my nick"
After a few seconds: [blue]hey ouou[/blue]

It would allow CN to sorta clear its memory...

- Multiline Nick support
- Some talker like effects to nicks; eg aLtErNaTiNg, ALL CAPS, biIIGERTOSMALler

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Hanumanji on 01-31-2005 at 11:23 PM

Hi,
I did not read the whole thread, so... sorry if anyone already had posted this....

- I have a suggestion... When I select part of the nick/text, and change its colour, the text becomes deselected.... So, i have to select it again, to apply another colour.... It's very annoying sometimes.... Can the selected text remains selected after applying a colour?

[sorry my english] :)

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 02-01-2005 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixFire

Hey people i get the error

Error rtf-> xml : can't found "\viewkind" -> unexpected behavior

then once i click ok it tells me that "The nickname is too long. Please choose another one, or change the text formatting."

Anybody wanna help me out here please
this is a known bug but there isn't any solution ; sorry but you'll have to wait for ColorNick 3 :-/

quote:
Originally posted by Hanumanji

When I select part of the nick/text, and change its colour, the text becomes deselected.... So, i have to select it again, to apply another colour.... It's very annoying sometimes.... Can the selected text remains selected after applying a colour?

ok, added to the to-do list :)

quote:

when changing a nick ColorNick2 sometimes mixes the old colors from the previous nick with the new colors. So a sorta clear would be nice
sorry, I don't understand... what do you mean by "mixes the old colors from the previous nick with the new colors" ??

quote:

Multiline Nick support

it is already supported, or at least it should ^o)

quote:

Some talker like effects to nicks; eg aLtErNaTiNg, ALL CAPS, biIIGERTOSMALler
hm... I don't think it's actually useful, you can do that yourself :^)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 02-15-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:

quote:

when changing a nick ColorNick2 sometimes mixes the old colors from the previous nick with the new colors. So a sorta clear would be nice
sorry, I don't understand... what do you mean by "mixes the old colors from the previous nick with the new colors" ??

The previous colors i selected in my previous nick get mixed with the new ones i select. Its problably a rare bug but exists...

BTW.......Got any plans for Personal Messages in MSN 7 ;)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 02-19-2005 at 10:19 AM

Did you understand the bug or still dont understand?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 02-19-2005 at 11:35 AM

quote:

The previous colors i selected in my previous nick get mixed with the new ones i select. Its problably a rare bug but exists...

Never saw that... :-/
We'll see if it still happens with ColorNick 3

quote:

BTW.......Got any plans for Personal Messages in MSN 7 ;)

If Plus! supports color in Personal Messages, I'll see what I can do ;-)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by aznconspiracy on 02-28-2005 at 08:14 PM

I have downloaded the ColorNick2 with the Stuff Plug NG and I have MSN 7.0.0425 the public beta and MSG PLUS 3.40.109.
How do i exactly work it? Because when i go to Plus! > Preferences >Plugins > ColorNick2 >

[Image: color.PNG]

Is this what's meant to happen? Because I can't see the text bar with my nickname in it. Do i have to change my MSN Messenger version back to 6.2 or something? Because my window for ColorNick2 is different to everyone elses...

Please help. :)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by EGIS on 02-28-2005 at 08:33 PM

Just type /xcolornick in a conversation window and press enter. You can also find other features in the Plus! > Plugins > ColorNick v2 menu in the conversation window.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Joel4119 on 02-28-2005 at 09:50 PM

I'll mess with it but I'll probably end up not using it. :D

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by aznconspiracy on 03-01-2005 at 04:45 AM

thanx. omgsh.. this iiz really cool. congrats on making msn more unique. =)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Fredzz on 03-07-2005 at 10:06 PM

I have a question!!!!

And thats why I dont use Colornick. Maybe its my problem i dont know.

check out the picture.

if i write a normal nick from the Tools-Options on the main window or using /nick feature
--------------
Example:

/nick Moooo, Baaa (bah), squeak, meau (@), woof(&) ..Quack ..Oink..eeek.. (H)

and then store the nick using /xquicknicksave <shortcut> or the Plugins menu..

when i reload the nick later it gets like "·$,0Moooo,·$1 ·$1Baaa·$1(bah)·$1,·$1 ·$1squeak,·$1 ·$1meau·$1(@)·$1,·$1 ·$1woof·$1(&)·$1..Quack·$1 ·$1..Oink..eeek..·$1(H)·0"
[Image: attachment.php?pid=398821]

I mean cmon, i've made a single normal nick with no tags at all, why does color nick puts all those tags in the nick? It would be acceptable if i made actually a COLOR NICK. but i didnt. It was just a normal nick. Theres no need to Colornick puts those tags. And that will not become so pretty to someone using webmessenger or someone without plus!

Now i've looked at options of colornick.. and there's nothing that cancels Colornick on adding unuseful tags when not needed :| plz help ?

CONCLUSION: IF I SET A NICK WITH NO COLORS OR WHATEVER, WHY DOES COLORNICK ADD TAGS TO IT?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 03-08-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz

I mean cmon, i've made a single normal nick with no tags at all, why does color nick puts all those tags in the nick? It would be acceptable if i made actually a COLOR NICK. but i didnt. It was just a normal nick. Theres no need to Colornick puts those tags. And that will not become so pretty to someone using webmessenger or someone without plus!

Now i've looked at options of colornick.. and there's nothing that cancels Colornick on adding unuseful tags when not needed :| plz help ?

CONCLUSION: IF I SET A NICK WITH NO COLORS OR WHATEVER, WHY DOES COLORNICK ADD TAGS TO IT?

:| Congratulations you just found a new bug! ;)
I tried myself and I get the same result

I don't have the time to work on ColorNick 3 at the moment, so I think I should fix the bugs of ColorNick 2 before. I'll try to release an updated version of ColorNick 2 as soon as possible :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 03-14-2005 at 11:10 PM

Bad news Mithrandir - Plus! out the of the box supports colors/formats in the Personal Message area

[Image: personalmessage1ik.jpg]

This feature is gonna be asked for ALOT in ColorNick. Its too bad you dont got time for 3.......oh well.....

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by dsgtrain on 03-16-2005 at 05:44 PM

this is a great plugin and works fine for me and is simple to use keep up the good work;);)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 04-11-2005 at 10:36 PM

Its been a while since some ColorNick2 news....

Im looking for some news about Colornick2 (or 3?) and about adding a PSM feature (using Stuffplug-NG's /xpsm feature). Also the Mess.be patch as you may or may not know allows the PSM to grow up to 500 characters so if you could make it compatible with that too it be great.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by simple_plan_girl on 04-13-2005 at 01:58 AM

I Use The Color Nick Name Thing And It Gets Messed Up For Me I Get Weird Letters And Numbers In My Name That I Didn't Type In It How Can I Fix That So That Doesn't Happen

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by joyceawh on 04-14-2005 at 06:10 AM

hi, everyone here. can someone teach me how to use colour nike? my colour nick window is different wif you guys show it at here. Is that got something prob??

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Screeny on 04-14-2005 at 06:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joyceawh
hi, everyone here. can someone teach me how to use colour nike? my colour nick window is different wif you guys show it at here. Is that got something prob??

Just type /xcolornick in a conversation window :)

Btw: Nice Avatar :P
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Rin on 05-07-2005 at 03:00 AM

Hi, doesn't work even with a 1 letter nick, I get this:
[Image: e14tl.gif]
Then this:
[Image: e20pd.gif]

MSN v. 7.0.813 + mess.be patch
Windows 98

thx in advance

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 05-08-2005 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rin
Hi, doesn't work even with a 1 letter nick, I get this:
[Image: e14tl.gif]
Then this:
[Image: e20pd.gif]

MSN v. 7.0.813 + mess.be patch
Windows 98

thx in advance

You gotta think that Mithrandir is kinda busy and cant really update ColorNick2 (or work on ColorNick3). Anyways, I imagine it has something to do with that your using Windows 98...
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Quadraphone on 05-11-2005 at 07:53 AM

Thanx for the great plugin, Mithrandir!

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by julschennn on 05-11-2005 at 03:25 PM

Hello! I have a ask... I downloaded CN2setup... that´s the link of the first thread!! but i don´t know how to use it! when i open "CN2setup" i download it again! and i want to make my nickname colored! Please answer my questen. Thanks...

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by absorbation on 05-11-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by julschennn
Hello! I have a ask... I downloaded CN2setup... that´s the link of the first thread!! but i don´t know how to use it! when i open "CN2setup" i download it again! and i want to make my nickname colored! Please answer my questen. Thanks...

Intructions are there :P Here is a rough german version:

Gegenwärtige Version: 2.0.708Features: * Alle Eigenschaften von ColorNick 1 sind selbstverständlich dort: fett, Italic, Unterstreichung, Steigungen, einzelne Farbe; sofortige Vorbetrachtung des Resultats; Farbe auch "sagt:" ... * Jetzt können Sie färben, was Sie wünschen: nur die Vorwähler oder der gesamte Einschnitt. * Sie können den Hintergrund des Textes färben (einzelne Farbe oder Steigung selbstverständlich). * Neuer Befehl /xcolortext, ähnlich /xcolornick aber für normalen Text (Anzeigen). * Neue "Automobil-Färbung" Eigenschaft: Sie stellen eine Rückstellung color/gradient in den Präferenzen ein, ermöglichen Sie ihr, und dann müssen Sie /xcolornick meinen Spitznamen (oder /xcolortext schreiben nur...) um Ihren Text zu färben, ohne den Dialog zu zeigen. * Sie können plus verwenden! Steuercodes mit Automobil-Färbung ermöglichten (CTRL+B, CTRL+T, usw....) * Standard-MSN Emoticons werden nicht geändert, wenn man einen Steigungeffekt verwendet. * Erhöhtes Farbe-Codes decimator, zum eines less-than-129-characters-long Spitznamens * außer Ihren Liebling Spitznamen zu erhalten, sie zurück zu nennen neuere schnell dank /xquicknick (quicktext-wie Eigenschaft). * Importiert Ihren gegenwärtigen Einschnitt (mit Farben!). * Vollständig neue Schnittstelle. * Internet-Updates. * Import/export die Config vom Präferenzen Fenster. * Wirklich auf englisches, französisches, holländisches, spanisch, katalanisch und italienisch. Wenn irgende

It is'nt very good :(

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by julschennn on 05-11-2005 at 03:37 PM

Oh danke (thank you) ;)

Aber ich bei mir öffent sich das Fenster nicht um die Schrift etc einzustellen.

But the window don´t open, where i can chance the writ...

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by absorbation on 05-11-2005 at 03:41 PM

Type /xcolornickcfg into the convosation window :P
Schreiben Sie /xcolornickcfg in das convosation Fenster

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by julschennn on 05-11-2005 at 03:49 PM

thank you i´m stupid!!! i don´t know how to open the dialog for the NICK NAME... i hope i´m not annoying :(

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by julschennn on 05-11-2005 at 04:04 PM

oh i have it ... thank you so much

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by super-schaf on 05-11-2005 at 05:32 PM

with me i downloaded it but when i tried to install it it came up with a error saying that msgplus was not installd!!

Plz Help

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by absorbation on 05-11-2005 at 05:38 PM

Try slecting load plus at statup as many programs then see it running

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by super-schaf on 05-11-2005 at 05:53 PM

i have

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Rin on 05-12-2005 at 11:37 PM

Ok... thanks anyway, I guess I'll have to live without ColorNick

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by erikamb on 06-06-2005 at 09:47 PM

hy

with color nick2 can i put emoticons in my nick ?
i have tried with the short typing ( i dont know haow to said it in english ) but dont work i see for example two point and  )
intead of  :)

please help

i go to the personal tools and  add my simbol and dont see it in the messenger windows

thank

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mürtha on 06-08-2005 at 02:56 PM

I hava a problem... ich installed colornick v2 but it some how doesnt work......

it says this "auto-coloration disables the usual dialog, and colors the nickname/ text with default color or gradient."

what should do to make it work?? :S

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 06-08-2005 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by erikamb
with color nick2 can i put emoticons in my nick ?
i have tried with the short typing ( i dont know haow to said it in english ) but dont work i see for example two point and  )
intead of :)

i go to the personal tools and  add my simbol and dont see it in the messenger windows

ColorNick supports emoticons, but if you don't see them you have probably enabled Custom Names in Plus!. This is normal, if you want to see emoticons then disable Custom Names in Plus!' Preferences.

quote:
Originally posted by Mürtha
I hava a problem... ich installed colornick v2 but it some how doesnt work......

it says this "auto-coloration disables the usual dialog, and colors the nickname/ text with default color or gradient."

what should do to make it work??

In ColorNick's Preferences, make sure you didn't check the checkboxes at the top of the window (for auto-coloration). Then open a conversation window with a contact, type /xcolornick and press Enter. Now you should see the correct window and start coloring your nickname :)
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by younger on 06-12-2005 at 08:54 AM

i have an problem with color nick V2 i instaled it but than i can't open it????wtf??? i can open just configure in plus/preffrences/plugins
what should i do??? so i can make color nicks???

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mürtha on 06-13-2005 at 02:10 PM

Mithrandir  I thank u so much..... :D

thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 06-13-2005 at 08:18 PM

Mithrandir: I was wondering that maybe you could take of the CountNick project made by cyberdude as he says that the project is "dead" and will release the source if anyone wants to continue. It would be to combo it as a single app to control your nick

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by computer_wiz16 on 06-30-2005 at 08:05 PM

I Download The ColorNick v2. But it doesn't work on msn messenger 7.0 only on Windows Messenger! What's up with that?

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by levina on 07-01-2005 at 12:48 PM

i used the keyboard to have my name in colour. it is fantastic.
when does the next version comes out?

i can hardly wait.

greets  levina

that would be very helpfull to have a version of colornick in dutch.

levina(Y):P
when does the next version comes out?

quote:
I just finished my ColorNick v2 plugin for MsgPlus! :):o) It's I think far far better than the previous version.

NOTE: ColorNick v2 won't be updated anymore, next version will be ColorNick 3.

Current version: 2.0.708

Features:
  • All features of ColorNick 1 are of course there: bold, italic, underline, gradients, single color ; instant preview of the result ; color also "says:" ...
  • Now you can color what you want: only the selection, or the entire nick.
  • You can color the background of the text (single color or gradient of course).
  • New command /xcolortext , similar to /xcolornick but for normal text (messages).
  • New "auto-coloration" feature: you set a default color/gradient in the Preferences, you enable it, and then you only have to type /xcolornick My Nickname (or /xcolortext...) to color your text without showing the dialog.
  • You can use Plus! control codes with auto-coloration enabled (CTRL+B, CTRL+T, etc...)
  • Standard MSN emoticons won't be altered when using a gradient effect.
  • Enhanced color-codes decimator to get a less-than-129-characters-long nickname
  • Save your favorite nicknames to call them back later quickly thanks to /xquicknick (quicktext-like feature).
  • Imports your current nick (with colors!).
  • Completely new interface.
  • Internet updates.
  • Import/export the config from the Preferences window.
  • Available in English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Catalan and Italian.
  • Installer/uninstaller (you can uninstall from "Add/Delete Programs")

How to use: open a conversation window with any contact, type one of these commands and press Enter:
  • /xcolornick <nickname>  = change your nick
  • /xcolortext <message>  = send colored text
  • /xquicknick <shortcut>  = if a shortcut is specified, use the associated nick; else show the QuickNick dialog
  • /xquicknicksave <shortcut> = save your current nick and use the specified argument as shortcut.
  • /xcolornickcfg  = Preferences dialog
  • /xcolornickabout = About... dialog
  • /xcolornickhelp = shows the readme file
All these commands are available through the Plus! -> Plugins -> ColorNick v2 menu of any conversation window.

Known limitations:
  • your contacts need Messenger Plus! to see the colors.
  • the colors of the nickname are not those you choosed in ColorNick  ->  some color codes are automatically deleted to get a shorter raw nickname (< 129 characters). Try using less colors or a shorter nickname.
  • if an error occurs during install, please be sure you closed MSN Messenger and all word processors (like MS Word) ; do not ignore the file.
  • do not use custom emoticons with shortcuts "#" or "$"
  • if you get an error "RTF->XML : can't find \viewkind ..." , there is nothing to do but wait for ColorNick 3 ; this is a known bug in ColorNick v2.

ColorNick, as a plugin, is easier to use than many other programs: you don't have to run an EXE, create the nick, copy and paste the code: you simply click "OK" and you nickname is set.(H)

You can download it from http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mithrandir/

There are probably some bugs left, so if you encounter an error please tell me ! :)
You can contact me by email (colornick -at- msgplus.net) or by answering to this thread.
Also, if you enjoy my plugin, tell me too ! ;)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by user44571 on 07-01-2005 at 01:30 PM

please dont double/triple post, it is against the rules

please note there may not be a next version

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 08-02-2005 at 08:48 PM

Damn someone should make a clone of this plugin :(

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 09-01-2005 at 05:24 PM

BUG: MSN Messenger 7.5.0299
Plus! 3.54.132

I change my nick to something like: How are [blue]you[/blue] doing? Im [green]good[/green] how about [red]you?[/red]

In other words alot of colors. I directly get the code and use the /nick command from the convo window but it doesnt apply any colors at all to anything. Bolding it all works but still no colors.

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 09-03-2005 at 07:42 PM

riahc4, I'll contact you soon about this bug, as I need more information ; but remember this may be a Plus! issue with MSN 7.5

Unfortunately the CPU fan of my comptuer decided to stop working yesterday, I don't know yet if the CPU is dead or not, and anyway I have no computer until the fan is replaced :s

Now, about ColorNick 3... when I first started working on it, I began with a new Visual Basic project and designed the interface and the language system. Then, as CN3 would need subclassing and other advanced techniques, I decided to code it in C++ ...
But, as I'm a beginner in this language, development is too long and time-consuming, so here is what I think I'll do: I'll create another Visual Basic project for Colornick v2.1, copy/paste the "clean" parts of ColorNick v2 and its interface, and recode the buggy parts. This way I hope I'll be able to release a bug-free (or almost :p) version of ColorNick v2, then I'll have time to continue ColorNick 3.

I'm also making a "FAQ" section for ColorNick v2, with instructions on how to use it (/xcolornick in a conversation window instead of Config dialog!)

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by riahc4 on 09-04-2005 at 05:54 PM

quote:
riahc4, I'll contact you soon about this bug, as I need more information ; but remember this may be a Plus! issue with MSN 7.5

OK I sent you a PM with my email in case you wanna talk about it over MSN.
quote:

Now, about ColorNick 3... when I first started working on it, I began with a new Visual Basic project and designed the interface and the language system. Then, as CN3 would need subclassing and other advanced techniques, I decided to code it in C++ ...
But, as I'm a beginner in this language, development is too long and time-consuming, so here is what I think I'll do: I'll create another Visual Basic project for Colornick v2.1, copy/paste the "clean" parts of ColorNick v2 and its interface, and recode the buggy parts. This way I hope I'll be able to release a bug-free (or almost :p) version of ColorNick v2, then I'll have time to continue ColorNick 3.
Good plan. Sorry about making that ColorNick clone thread. I just thought you deserted us without more ColorNick releases :(
RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by King Of Chaos on 09-04-2005 at 08:31 PM

Sweet :D

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Safiye_Sultan on 09-28-2005 at 05:34 PM

Hello, i've just installed the ColorNickv2....but...it said it was installed...but I don't see any of the commands, and they're not working....?

Anyone can help me with this?

If the same problem occured a few pages ago, I apologize, but I haven't read the entire thread.

if anyone can help me, please contact me:)

Oh my.....last reply was September 4th.....oh i'll find someone else to help me rofl

RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by AllFlagsDown on 11-01-2005 at 07:25 PM

k....i downloaded this pluging but when i install it, after it is finished, a error comes up saying that the control "RichTextBox" is outdated, now i have no idea so if anyone can help me get this plug in working it would be much appreaciated...thnx

This may sound stupid by leady187 on 11-08-2005 at 02:20 AM

This maight be a bit of an od question but i need 2 know how to work this shit.
I aint a clue

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 11-09-2005 at 08:39 PM

I just created a FAQ section for ColorNick v2 here (French and English).

It includes instructions on how to use the plugin and solutions to common problems. Please read it before asking questions :)

RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Nikib on 11-22-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AllFlagsDown
k....i downloaded this pluging but when i install it, after it is finished, a error comes up saying that the control "RichTextBox" is outdated, now i have no idea so if anyone can help me get this plug in working it would be much appreaciated...thnx

Yeah this happened to me aswell

Is there a solution yet?
RE: RE: RE: NEW: ColorNick v2 !!! the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 02-12-2006 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nikib
quote:
Originally posted by AllFlagsDown

Yeah this happened to me aswell

Is there a solution yet?

This problem and its solution are in the FAQ, in Common problems
RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by martinroque44 on 05-05-2006 at 06:41 PM

yo solo se que no se nada

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Etlie on 06-14-2006 at 10:30 AM

how do you get that diolog up where you can just type in your name?

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Felu on 06-14-2006 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Etlie
how do you get that diolog up where you can just type in your name?
If u mean the main window. The answer is no you cant. You can do this only in the conversation window.
RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by YetiMyth on 06-24-2006 at 06:54 PM

I have a problem , the window where the nick appears does not appear to me. Help me please

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by AvecMon on 06-25-2006 at 11:24 AM

Nice program. Perhaps you could make it into a script for Messenger Plus! Live.;)

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by IcyGaL on 06-29-2006 at 11:43 AM

is it possible to auto colour ur text, as in dont have to write "/xcolortext" <- this code?

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by XAaronX on 07-02-2006 at 02:28 PM

Any versions that work for Live Plus?

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Mithrandir on 07-02-2006 at 10:25 PM

There will be no new version of ColorNick for Messenger Plus! Live, because it is now much easier to color your nickname thanks to the "Format" button in the Options dialog. Sorry.

Anyway, I would like to thank all the users of ColorNick v2 (more than 3 million downloads in the plugin database) for trying and using my little plugin, which I hope made your experience of colors in Messenger Plus! 3 a bit easier ;)

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by Chris4 on 07-02-2006 at 10:27 PM

:locknana:

RE: ColorNick v2, the ultimate nickname editor by XAaronX on 07-03-2006 at 12:44 AM

quote:
There will be no new version of ColorNick for Messenger Plus! Live, because it is now much easier to color your nickname thanks to the "Format" button in the Options dialog. Sorry.

Anyway, I would like to thank all the users of ColorNick v2 (more than 3 million downloads in the plugin database) for trying and using my little plugin, which I hope made your experience of colors in Messenger Plus! 3 a bit easier (Smilie)
I can't make background color though.