Shoutbox

display pic changes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: display pic changes (/showthread.php?tid=27925)

display pic changes by THE_Lady on 06-30-2004 at 04:38 AM

[font=Courier][size=2][color=red]My display pic keeps changing every time i sign in,anyone know why this is or how to stop it from happening?

RE: display pic changes by leito on 06-30-2004 at 04:59 AM

What version of WIndows do you use? and what version of Messenger?

You are not using the Guest session right?

RE: display pic changes by Mnjul on 06-30-2004 at 07:34 AM

You should Uncheck this option if it's checked:

(Main Messenger window) Tools\Options\Privacy -> This is a shared computer so do not store my address book, display picture, or background on it.

RE: display pic changes by THE_Lady on 06-30-2004 at 08:34 AM

Thanks for that Logical explanation i couldnt think of at the time :D seemed to have worked so far

RE: display pic changes by THE_Lady on 06-30-2004 at 09:10 AM

Ok that hasnt worked its still changing. windows xp, msn 6.2 and plus 3.01

RE: display pic changes by Tochjo on 06-30-2004 at 09:42 AM

I hope the following works. It involves deleting all your display pictures to fix any corrupt information, and then adding them again.

Go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. This number is pretty hard to figure out, but generally, the first one (if you see more than one) is the right one.

Go to the first folder and delete the folder called UserTile. If this doesn't remove all your display pictures, delete this folder for all numbers. Reboot and add your display pictures again; your problem should be fixed :)

RE: display pic changes by THE_Lady on 07-01-2004 at 07:43 AM

well i think that one has worked.havnt had any changes so far, keep my fingers crossed (Y) thankyou :D

RE: display pic changes by mass8 on 07-01-2004 at 08:06 AM

How plugin use for this function (change pic at signon)?