Shoutbox

Good MySQL Client (Windows) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Good MySQL Client (Windows) (/showthread.php?tid=27926)

Good MySQL Client (Windows) by leito on 06-30-2004 at 05:09 AM

I work for a webpage and their hosting gave them 1 Database. I have the user name, the database name, and the host. They don't use phpMyAdmin, is there something similar that I could use from my computer, like a Windows Client?

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by WDZ on 06-30-2004 at 05:22 AM

Well, I've never tried it, but there's this: http://www.mysql.com/products/mysqlcc/

[Image: mycc-query.png]

quote:
MySQL Control Center (or MySQLCC) is a GUI client that works alongside the MySQL database server. Built using Trolltech's Qt application toolkit, MySQLCC makes it easy to create databases and tables, write and execute SQL queries (in a syntax-highlighting editor), examine the contents of your tables directly, and back up or fine-tune your server setup. It supports both local and remote servers, and all table types.
You might not be able to connect remotely though, because as far as I know, most MySQL servers are configured to only allow connections from localhost and/or specific clients. :-/
RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by leito on 06-30-2004 at 05:34 AM

I have just connect using MySQLManager and from my computer's localhost php scripts, but... nothing so easy as in phpMyAdmin.

I'll try this one, thnx WDZ!

Not to bad! I create the SQL in phpMyAdmin and just copy it! hahaha, but it's not too bad and easy to use! thnx

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by bach_m on 06-30-2004 at 10:50 AM

its possible to just edit the config files of phpMyAdmin, and then upload it. thats what i use.

don't forget to delete the folder from ur server, or anyone can use it (thats bad).

I keep a copy on my desktop for whenever i need it, and just up load it.

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by Chris.1 on 06-30-2004 at 01:16 PM

Do as bach_m said, but you should be able to password protect PHPMyAdmin (or at least use apache authentication to password the directory) so that no one else can come along and mess with your database.

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by leito on 07-01-2004 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m

I keep a copy on my desktop for whenever i need it, and just up load it.

Can I have a copy of a modified phpMyAdmin, that way I will only have to change the host, username, password, or something similar.

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by bach_m on 07-01-2004 at 01:40 PM

all i did was just download the file from the phpMyAdmin server and change the host, username and database name in the config file, so it seems rather superfullous to send u a copy of mine.

and just a hint, delete all the languages that you don't need from the /lang/ folder. that shud save on upload time

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by leito on 07-02-2004 at 01:27 AM

Can I use it from a Localhost, since my MySQL server allows remote connections?

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by bach_m on 07-02-2004 at 02:06 AM

maybe, but you need to run it from a PHP server, so why not just FTP it to ur main directory, and run it from there?

RE: Good MySQL Client (Windows) by leito on 07-02-2004 at 04:33 AM

I use, apache to test my php files in my computer, I'll try that, and post the results here.