Shoutbox

Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) (/showthread.php?tid=27952)

Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by canadianbeauty67 on 06-30-2004 at 03:01 PM

hey!  i was wondering if NE buddy out here knows of a plugin you can use to make yourself idle.....  i know gilly messenger has an "idle status" option and you remain "idle" until you physically change yer status.....  if NE buddy out here knows what im talking about please post a reply or email me: iceprincess_081@hotmail.com

thanx bunches in advance!

*cheers*

RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by lhunath on 06-30-2004 at 07:31 PM

Just change the "Set myself away after ... minutes" in the msn messenger dialog to 0 or something =P too much work, though, right? =P

RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by saralk on 06-30-2004 at 07:45 PM

but then it will always go to away unless you are constantly typing

RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by canadianbeauty67 on 07-01-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Just change the "Set myself away after ... minutes" in the msn messenger dialog to 0 or something =P too much work, though, right? =P

yeah that doesnt work it errors @ me saying it needs a value of at least one minute.... it was a good idea though thanx just too bad it didnt work :(
RE: RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by canadianbeauty67 on 07-01-2004 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
but then it will always go to away unless you are constantly typing

yeah i know it shows in yer contact's msn window that you are just away, but if they have an event logger it will say "canadianbeauty appears to be idle" which means i'm away from the puter right?  but with normal msn messenger, once i move my mouse or start to type or anything like that im automatically shown as online cuz im not idle anymore.  the great thing about gilly messenger it has that "idle status" so i can pretend im away from the puter even when im not and my contacts with event logs dont know the difference so they cant get sour with me for ignoring them (see where im going now lol).  that's the kind of plugin im looking for whatever gillymessenger's script is to have an idle status, i want it for msn :D
RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by Jolo on 07-01-2004 at 08:57 PM

It's true what canadianbeauty67 says.

Idle Status and Away Status are different. :D

Greetings,

RE: Idle Status Plugin (not the kind that tells you when someone else is idle) by Alpha Binary on 07-02-2004 at 01:45 PM

study msn protocol.
learn to use Winsock Packet Editor.