Shoutbox

Announcement: Dimension - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Announcement: Dimension (/showthread.php?tid=27972)

Announcement: Dimension by jon on 06-30-2004 at 10:41 PM

Hi there,

I have a few important announcements to make regarding the future of Dimension.

Some forum members may have used it and experienced issues, some may have used it perfectly and some may have used it before.

I started Dimension a few months ago as a small project and it grew to a huge one. Throwing out builds to keep up with user demand was no mean feat, often I was restricted to only a few hours of internal ALPHA testing before a few hours BETA and straight to RTM, all within a day...

Dimension finished at build 0040-something and hasn't been updated in a while. Then my servers crashed inflicting an unforeseen bug on Dimension reverting each client to its original version when it attempted to install a corrupt Executable...

I decided some urgent work needed to be done and began work on Dimension 0.9 - the "mother" of all Dimensions - intelligent error handling, secured proxy, a mutitude of features -- this was really set to be incredible..

Unfortunately due to a lack of time I have been unable to complete this application to shedule and all previous versions of Dimension are no longer supported by me. Meanwhile, I am left with a half-baked revolutionary MSN Messenger tool -- in other words, I'm in a mess....

Dimension 0.9 may be coming soon, then again maybe not, I'd like forum members here to decide whether it should be released...

Regards,

jon

RE: Announcement: Dimension by toddy on 07-09-2004 at 12:38 AM

i would like to see it realeased i thought it was a good add on

RE: Announcement: Dimension by TGG on 08-23-2004 at 11:24 AM

yeah, i would like to see it come out aswell (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: Announcement: Dimension by x2zen on 08-23-2004 at 12:26 PM

I like to see it come out, its really a cool add-on

RE: Announcement: Dimension by Animefan on 08-23-2004 at 01:24 PM

What was it? What did it do? :O

RE: Announcement: Dimension by Dempsey on 08-23-2004 at 01:47 PM

When was this out?  I've never heard of it

RE: Announcement: Dimension by x2zen on 08-23-2004 at 02:43 PM

It was added to mess.be on 6:27 PM 5/3/04

RE: Announcement: Dimension by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 02:58 PM

What exactly does this do?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by x2zen on 08-23-2004 at 03:06 PM

You can make your own toats that will pop up on your contacts screen, toats-flooder, animated and multi-line name, news in name and uptime in name, interact with the raw MSN protocol and much more

RE: Announcement: Dimension by Edu115 on 08-23-2004 at 03:26 PM

it's a nice plugin.. i've been using it for one or two months.. with some bugs, but good..

RE: Announcement: Dimension by TGG on 08-23-2004 at 04:49 PM

here it is :D
dimension

RE: Announcement: Dimension by MessEnGer on 09-05-2004 at 06:16 PM

Come on Jon go ahead we are waiting for dimension ..... Well its been really long that jon posted a reply here

so whs up with dimension ?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-05-2004 at 06:20 PM

This sounds like a great plugin. If it were updated I would give it a try...From this post:

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
You can make your own toats that will pop up on your contacts screen, toats-flooder, animated and multi-line name, news in name and uptime in name, interact with the raw MSN protocol and much more

Sounds like I will be using it :D...
RE: Announcement: Dimension by aNILEator on 09-05-2004 at 08:32 PM

Yeah dimension rocked get to work  :-D do your mama proud :many:

RE: Announcement: Dimension by alexp2_ad on 09-06-2004 at 11:25 AM

Good luck with it!!!  Everyone loves messenger addons!

RE: Announcement: Dimension by aNILEator on 09-06-2004 at 03:34 PM

anyone know where i can get 0040 instead of 0034?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by crank on 09-06-2004 at 04:34 PM

Dimension rocks...
I liked it from the start but with the crash of your server al kind of wicked stuff happend...

JUST Finish 0.9!!! you have to!

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-07-2004 at 04:39 PM

hi.

sorry i haven't been on this forum in a long time (for those of you who wish to contact me via email or msn messenger, please use jonathan[at]xeomax.net...)

right okay - so... dimension. now, i havent worked on it in several months for a few reasons:
i) summer break, been doing other stuff
ii) just been experimenting with webdev [php/mysql] rather than windows application programming
iii) noticed numerous other msn messenger proxy applications appearing which seem to do everything dimension could... and more.

i simply don't think there is a "market" for dimension anymore. i will issue you an ultimatum :)

if more than 20 people email me or post here within the next week asking me to continue with dimension, i will do so. if not, i will either end the program or may issue parts of the source code upon request and the project will be officially terminated.

kind regards,

jon

RE: Announcement: Dimension by MC Inferno on 09-07-2004 at 05:01 PM

do it lad

RE: Announcement: Dimension by TGG on 09-07-2004 at 05:12 PM

* TGG wants dimension

RE: Announcement: Dimension by aNILEator on 09-07-2004 at 05:27 PM

add me to the list, i would love to see this continued.

By the way what other tools are you refering to?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by MessEnGer on 09-07-2004 at 06:02 PM

Just spoke to Jon ... he is working on Dimension again

So good news ,Dimension is  gonna be back soon

All the best Jon

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-07-2004 at 06:55 PM

yes. dimension is being continued. will be posting additional information soon.

RE: Announcement: Dimension by aNILEator on 09-07-2004 at 09:09 PM

hehehe are you going to be removing the war tools? or adding more?

dimension was fun anywhere where i can find 0040 instead of 0034 :S

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-07-2004 at 11:22 PM

Good luck with it Jon. I can't wait till the next version of it is out, as for it sounds awesome :).(y)

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-08-2004 at 09:45 AM

war tools will probably be taken out in the next version but may be available as a plugin

RE: Announcement: Dimension by aNILEator on 09-08-2004 at 03:36 PM

good if its still that pop up toast thing don't bother its already availale in many plugins

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-09-2004 at 06:39 PM

Having a few delays, primarily as all the graphics seem mysteriously screwed up and I have no workable system at the moment :( will post update soon once I can confirm a rough release date and some info on the app.

Some info for you now:
i) will be much more simple and easy to use than before... everything is literally spelled out for you on-screen throughout the process
ii) different installer (less buggy)
iii) im completely debugging the app and modifying its core code to optimize and repair it to avoid errors, intelligent error handling will ensure in the event of an error, it can be reported and gives a more informative error than "RUNTIME ERROR 5"

Unfortunately I can't release any information regarding new features because I'm going for some things that no other tools have at the moment and I don't want any of my ideas "borrowed"

Regards,

jon

PS: I really do enjoy hearing from you guys by email with your thoughts, suggestions and ideas... Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. You can contact me at jonathan[at]xeomax[dot]net

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-19-2004 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jon
Would just like to point you to: http://www.mydimension.us for further information regarding the upcoming Dimension 0.9

Thanks for all your support,

Keep on writing - I enjoy your feedback - especially now some screenshots have been released!

Kind regards,

jon

The newUGI looks cool...Can you tell us some features that will be added to the 0.9 version? And btw, if you need a beta tester(s) I will be one if you need someone...:p
RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-20-2004 at 04:50 PM

Uhhh where did my post go?

Here it is again....

Would just like to point you to: http://www.mydimension.us for further information regarding the upcoming Dimension 0.9

Thanks for all your support,

Keep on writing - I enjoy your feedback - especially now some screenshots have been released!

Kind regards,

jon

---

check the site now for more info about new features, etc and check there REGULARLY!

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-20-2004 at 09:19 PM

It most likely got deleted. You can't double post..Anyways, any estimate on when the 0.9 is goign to be released?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-26-2004 at 04:40 PM

You guys may want to check out www.mydimension.us - I've posted some information that may be of interest :)

RE: RE: Announcement: Dimension by x2zen on 09-26-2004 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jon
You guys may want to check out www.mydimension.us - I've posted some information that may be of interest :)

Looks cool :D;)

I Just cant wait for the new version to be released.
RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-26-2004 at 10:27 PM

The new graphics are very cooll...Honestly, tbh I can't wait for it to be released..!!Good Luck with it :p

RE: Announcement: Dimension by ipab on 09-26-2004 at 11:46 PM

looking good there
* ipab going to download as soon as its out,
the previous ones were kinda glitchy, hopefully this one isnt

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-27-2004 at 12:24 PM

don't worry... all of the bugs are being fixed and i am totally re-doing the core code to ensure it remains bug-free... many of the features are also being rewritten (+/- functionality in some cases) in order to ensure the stability of the program.

regards,

jon

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-27-2004 at 08:19 PM

Any date set for released yet Jon?

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-27-2004 at 10:31 PM

As I said... keep checking the site every few days for a release date... I have no info yet and a release date is admittedly quite a long way off.

I have AS-level work I'm working on and with 5 AS levels this is mounting up a vast amount of work BESIDES sitting in photoshop and vb designing and coding. Please DO NOT ask for any more release dates as I have continually posted links to the site where all applicable information can be found.

I do not see any need why I should need to post again to this thread and keep bouncing it until I actually have something to report which will not be for a while. As before, keep watching the site.

have fun everyone,

regards,

jon

RE: Announcement: Dimension by BEWARE^^ on 09-27-2004 at 10:33 PM

or ask it on mIRC channel #banana to keep up to date with the releasedate :)

RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-27-2004 at 10:35 PM

yes, for information please come on the messenger plus! live chat so you can talk to me and ask me all the questions you want :)

RE: Announcement: Dimension by RebelSean on 09-28-2004 at 12:03 AM

Why in banana? Why not in #dimension ??? :rolleyes:

RE: RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 09-28-2004 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Why in banana? Why not in #dimension ??? :rolleyes:

does it really matter? :^)

Okay guys, more hold-backs ... I'm converting all the VB6 code and porting it to VB.NET or C++.NET so expect a bit more of a delay.... Sorry!
RE: Announcement: Dimension by jon on 01-09-2005 at 01:14 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread but rather than start another one I may as well put the news here.

Dimension 2 will soon be coming out. You can see screenshots and more info at the mess.be forums, direct link straight to the post is here: http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=1397&st=...=29429&#entry29429

though I recommend you read the whole topic for more info & screenshots.

See you in the next dimension ;)

jon

PS: I never ported it from VB6... :p