Shoutbox

Spyware (sidesearch) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Spyware (sidesearch) (/showthread.php?tid=27991)

Spyware (sidesearch) by azn angel on 07-01-2004 at 08:37 AM

sidesearch installed itself on my browser and my spyware isnt picking it up, what would be the best way to remove it?

RE: Spyware (sidesearch) by ddunk on 07-01-2004 at 08:41 AM

quote:
      How do I remove or uninstall Lycos Sidesearch?
      Answer
      Lycos is currently implementing its Search products with distribution partners. If you find that a program has been installed on your computer that is causing Lycos Search results or Lycos Sidesearch to appear, the following information will help you with the uninstallation.

Here is a step-by-step process to determine the origin of install and provide you with a resolution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The determine the distribution partner that has installed on your computer, please follow these steps:

-In your browser, type in an invalid web address, such as "wwww.lycos.com". (notice the extra "w")
-Lycos Search Results may appear.
-Take a look at the web address in your address bar and look for “src=”.
-If src=clear, then the distribution partner is Clear Search and the uninstall instructions follow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uninstall instructions for Clear Search:

-Close all but one browser window.
-Type in the following URL into the address bar of the one open browser:
http://www.clear-search.com/
-Click on the "Uninstaller" tab.
-Click on the link named "ClickHere".
-Open the uninstaller.
-Restart your computer when the uninstall process is complete.

All traces of the original Clear Search install will be removed.
If you find that when you search on sites such as Yahoo, Google, and MSN, Lycos Search results appear in the background, please follow these uninstall directions.

-Click START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL.
-Open the "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS" icon.
-Click on "SEP".
-Finally, click on the "ADD/REMOVE..." button and follow any on-screen instructions.

Be sure to restart your computer when the process is complete.

From the Lycos Sidesearch website.
RE: Spyware (sidesearch) by tomfletcherman on 07-01-2004 at 05:13 PM

I got that a few days back, just uninstalled it from add/remove programs. It sux