Shoutbox

Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window (/showthread.php?tid=28013)

Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Jolo on 07-01-2004 at 08:54 PM

I don't now if the idea is understood.

I like very much this Window, is very useful

[Image: event.JPG]

But, I'd like to appears Always on top ONLY on the MSN Messenger main window, and when I change the window using Alt+Tab, or the mouse, the Event Logger Window stays THERE, on the MSN Messenger Main Window.

:$ Sorry my english.

Thank You. :)

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Choli on 07-01-2004 at 11:08 PM

I understand you: You mean that that window should have an option to behave the same as the contact list clean-up one, right? I like the idea (Y).

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Jolo on 07-01-2004 at 11:14 PM

Yes, that's the Idea. When I change the actual window, the Event Logger stays in the MSN Messenger Main Window.

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Choli on 07-01-2004 at 11:25 PM

In fact the event log window needs a clean up and some Guido's work on it :) I don't like the tool-window border of it :-/

[offtopic]btw, you use the spanish translation [Image: mininana.gif] (althought it's spanish latin :chrongue: )
* Choli wonders when patchou'll say the statistics about how much people installed plus in what language
[/offtopic]

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Jolo on 07-01-2004 at 11:29 PM

Haha, that would be great. I'm from Chile and EVEYBODY now uses the Spanish Latin Language thanks to the "language auto-detection" feature. :P

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by M-Head on 07-02-2004 at 02:01 PM

I know what he means, that's the reason I don't use the event log window. I think this should (if it can) be implemented.

That's if Patchou chooses too. :D

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main win by CookieRevised on 07-02-2004 at 02:04 PM

I for one, don't like this suggested feature and would like it that it always stays open, even if the main messenger window is closed/minimized (thus, like it is now). What I wanted to say is, if this is added, it should be as an option, not as a fixed beheviour change ;)...

That's if Patchou chooses too. ;)

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Patchou on 07-02-2004 at 04:28 PM

The statistics about who uses what language will be released somewhere in July, as promised in a previous message.

As fofr the option you're askign for, I don't think I will add it, the event log window is already displayed on top of the contact list window when it is restored. And about the look of the window, I don't think that you would enjoy having a big flashy window on your desktop at all time. I've not changed the look of this window on purpose :).

RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by Choli on 07-02-2004 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
if this is added, it should be as an option, not as a fixed beheviour change
Yep, I agree on that, of course :)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I don't think that you would enjoy having a big flashy window on your desktop at all time.
^o) mmmm...  I think you're right
RE: Feature request: Event Logger Window always on top ONLY on MSN Messenger main window by M-Head on 07-05-2004 at 08:04 AM

So the option wont be added to make the event log window behave in the same way as the main MSN window? That's the only time I view that window - when I go into the main MSN window.