Shoutbox

Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz (/showthread.php?tid=28055)

Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by johan_lunds on 07-02-2004 at 06:29 PM

When i first noticed MSN plus! contained spyware I got really pissed off, cuz I had already installed and so on. So first I had in mind to post a pissed off thread in the forum.
BUT I saw in the FAQ that the spyware was obviously optional, I opened the link to the forum thread with a tutorial on how to remove the spyware.

IT DIDN'T WORK!! :'(

After the uninstall of MSN Plus 3.0 nothing more happened and the spyware is still there :( :S

I got Windows XP SP1 SWEDISH Version
MSN Messenger 6.2 SWEDISH Version
MSN Messenger Plus! SWEDISH Language

PLZ help me :|

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by Tochjo on 07-02-2004 at 06:33 PM

Try to reinstall Plus! with the sponsor program, then reboot, then uninstall right away.

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by johan_lunds on 07-02-2004 at 06:39 PM

Uhum, done that before. :)
Didn't work......

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by Tochjo on 07-02-2004 at 06:41 PM

Well, I would not recommend it, but look at http://www.lop.com/help.html...

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by user27089 on 07-02-2004 at 06:55 PM

Plus! doesn't contain any spyware, its just a sponsor program, therefore not spyware, cause you accepted it :). to uninstall it, simply uninstall plus! ...

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by GiantSpider on 07-30-2004 at 10:27 AM

Traxor speaks the truth. Just Uninstall Plus! then re-install whithout the sponsor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Some one already reported his post (I#m looking at you Tochjo ;))

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by Kryptonate on 07-30-2004 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Plus! doesn't contain any spyware, its just a sponsor program, therefore not spyware, cause you accepted it :). to uninstall it, simply uninstall plus! ...
that's not entirily true, it is true that the sponsorprogram of Plus! does not contain spyware but other sponsorprograms often do contain spyware. And it's not because he accepted it that it isn't spyware :/ (your sentence isn't really clear).

johan_lunds: what you see as spyware is adware, there's a big difference between those two.
RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by GiantSpider on 07-30-2004 at 10:52 AM

adware displays adds. Spyware collects infomation about you and hoe you use your pc etc. Have you used any tools like ad-aware or Spybot?

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by Raptre on 07-30-2004 at 01:59 PM

I don't remember reading anything about when I install Plus! that something will be installed that hijacks my browser.  Upon restart of my system I opened up firefox to find it trying to connect to www.bjijhagsdgjkhgasd.us or something along those lines.  You should be more careful as to what "sponsors" you use in your software.  And the fact you even pack it with spyware is quite stupid.  If your going to supply a free software supply it free and don't make it so people are going to fuck up their machine, because as long as you pack it with spyware whether there is an option or not people will install it without knowing.

I thought it was just going to be some sort of rotating ad every now and then not shit sending packets in and out without my knowledge and hijacking my browser.

Here is the exact URL that my browser was hijacked to connect to...
http://www.blqvenvsyotttfsnggowjf.us/PsJzfdQJdeBD...kg40KK6Pl8c0Zk.htm

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by matty on 07-30-2004 at 02:07 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=284510]

Read the top of the window. This is the EULA for the sponsor application that you are given the option to install. Please read the EULAs before installing something.

RE: Spyware wont uninstall! Help plz by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raptre
You should be more careful as to what "sponsors" you use in your software
Patchou is most careful in choosing the sponsor, its a slimmed down version of an adware...its one toolbar...Raptre please be more civil...I will admit that careless people will install the sponsor program, but they know that there is a whole forum of people willing to help them remove it if they need to after this as stated on the Messenger Plus! website, aswell as a guide from Patchou...As for your problem, I believe it is actually caused by another piece of spyware and is unrelated to Plus!...I admit that the sponsor agreement is very easy to flick through if you're careless if you have any suggestions on how to make it more easily noticed please feel free to say...