Shoutbox

Large DP plug in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Large DP plug in (/showthread.php?tid=28077)

Large DP plug in by Superganja23 on 07-03-2004 at 05:55 PM

Hihi
Lately I've been seeing people on my msn with large display pics, I was wonder how do you get large display pics? Plz help me

RE: Large DP plug in by Tochjo on 07-03-2004 at 05:58 PM

You can use StuffPlug NG. This can be downloaded http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27091. Please read the entire thread, although it's very long.

This is an unfinished alpha release. It might not function well, or not function at all. We can also not offer full support for it.

RE: Large DP plug in by toddy on 07-03-2004 at 06:09 PM

or you could use "wtbw" plugin, it only works with 6.1 tho

RE: Large DP plug in by Phrive on 07-03-2004 at 06:12 PM

dont forget msn shell even tho it is crappy and is rather annoyin it does let u have big dps which kinda does out way all of the bad points

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 06:25 PM

Check this screenshot out. This is from MSN Shell.
Pay attention to the emoticon benefit on the screenshot.
I still don't know any plug-in who breaks the 5 emoticon per message limit yet. :D
I'm using this plug-in, only because of this feature.

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 06:35 PM

wtbw plugin does the "same"
and the creator of MSN Shell stole its code!  thats why it alows to do what wtbw plugin does. :S

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 06:49 PM

Does the wtbw allow to insert more than 5 custom emoticons too?
And by the way, wtbw is dead for now, it's a pitty but we have to admit, if MSN continued with its upgrades, then wtbw should have too. But unfortunately, so far today, it hasn't.
There's the difference.

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (V)oribundenVampir
Does the wtbw allow to insert more than 5 custom emoticons too?

Yes, thats why MSN Shell have the option. :dodgy:

The creator of wtbw plugin tought another person (The Blasphemer) to allow larger display pictures and he has released an updated version.

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 06:57 PM

What's the name of the patch/plugin? And does it have full support for the latest build of MSN?

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 07:00 PM

Read Tochjo's post (2nd Post).

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 07:16 PM

Sorry, I must be blind, but... I haven't been able to read on the specs that it has broken the 5 custom emoticons per message.

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 07:19 PM

StuffPlug NG dosen't allow you to break the 5 custom emoticons limit.

This maybe because there seems to be a timeout for custome emoticons loading, so, if you send too many emotions, some wont be displayed if your connection is slow.

RE: Large DP plug in by Phrive on 07-03-2004 at 07:20 PM

also theres stuff plug ng(?) which is a plugin although as u seem 2 be sayin shell msn is not a plugin its a progrsamme like plus only not so gd!!!

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 07:25 PM

Wooooooooooow!         

Thats wonderful news, are you planin' to release an alpha version to the public?

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 07:25 PM

Fine, then could you post a full list of specs please? =P
Thanks in advance.

Oh! By the way! Your MSN 6.2.xxx No Emo Typing Patch is needed and I'm very thankful! It's quite strange Patchou hasn't fixed this problem.. Mmm... very weird.

RE: Large DP plug in by Varish on 07-03-2004 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
- function to change nickname which can be called from other plugins (say hello to NowPlaying being able to change nickname!)
- replace standard msn emoticons with custom ones

Very nice, i can't wait to try this out, specally the last one.
RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 07:43 PM

Yeah! I agree! The last feature sounds very interesting. I hope we don't need to replace any system file, or copy any file on system folders (like I read). I don't really like that kind of stuff. Makes the plug-in installation procedure quite annoying and unconfortable. Of course, if the benefits are supreme, it will be worth the sacrifice =P
Could you give us a preview about that final feature please?
Like, a short summary of the emoticons change procedure. =P

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 07:51 PM

So does this stuff plugin have some kind of GUI or is it just composed of commands?
Cuz I read something about it has talkers and other stuff.

Oh, I almost forget, I have downloaded the lates installer of the stuff plug-in. I never installed any previous version of it. When I double click on the installer, I see no warning about that file to be copied to the system32 folder. Mmm... If the installer doesn't do it by itself, then it should warn the user. (I haven't installed it yet, so I don't know if it says so in future installation steps)

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 07:59 PM

Ok, now to finish my questions:
Are you planning to develop some way to copy and paste emoticons but not by their code? I mean, I found the NO EMO TYPING patch useful, but when I come to insert custom emoticons, I think I would really like to watch them in my instant message before I send it. Any possibility to copy paste the emoticons already shown in the instant message?

RE: Large DP plug in by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-03-2004 at 08:46 PM

Which means that there is no possible solution for that, right?
How sad...