Shoutbox

How to search words or dates in the archives ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to search words or dates in the archives ? (/showthread.php?tid=28162)

How to search words or dates in the archives ? by xxGaiaxx on 07-05-2004 at 07:51 AM

How can I search all conversations of the 4 jully 2004 (for exemple) or all conversations whit the word "Msg Plus!" in the archives ?

Thinks for your help and sorry for my bad english :D

RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by CookieRevised on 07-05-2004 at 10:00 AM

Press the search button on top of the page.

There type whatever you want to search for.
Note that the words you search for must be at least 4 characters long.

EDIT: I thought he was reffering to the forum archives...

RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by bach_m on 07-05-2004 at 10:51 AM

i don't think he meant of the forums.

i am not aware of any way to do this with the chat logs.

RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by RaceProUK on 07-05-2004 at 12:11 PM

Get a win32 port of the excellent Unix tool 'grep'.

RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by matty on 07-05-2004 at 01:44 PM

In Windows XP, you can search by Date Modified.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=272899]

RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by Choli on 07-05-2004 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xxGaiaxx
How can I search all conversations of the 4 jully 2004 (for exemple) or all conversations whit the word "Msg Plus!" in the archives ?
right click the folder where your logs are, and select search.

in the advanced options of the search, there are options to search some files with the specified text in them, something similar to what Matty. posted

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
i think that can be done in all versions of Windows.
RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by KeyStorm on 07-05-2004 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Logs are cut monthly, so that won't help to find a date.
You can indeed use the "search inside the files" (or whatever it is called) to search for the dates, but it will return false results if someone mentioned a date in the same format as in the log-headers.

You can use the same function to search any string in the logs.

Sorry for the previous post (deleted). I was misleaded by Cookie's home-made-post :);)
RE: How to search words or dates in the archives ? by xxGaiaxx on 07-06-2004 at 08:07 AM

Thinks !