Shoutbox

New suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=28193)

New suggestion by Belial on 07-05-2004 at 05:36 PM

don't know if it's possible or not, anyway...

i really like the personalized name option, i had the idea to ask if you can do the same with the display picture in conversation window. i mean, show a picture that you choose instead of the always changing display picture of your contact :@

RE: New suggestion by RebelSean on 07-06-2004 at 02:30 AM

You mean like a eg /changdp and it pops up a menu with your pics so you can change it? If so, that would be awesome of patchou could do it! I realy  like that suggestion :banana:

RE: New suggestion by Belial on 07-06-2004 at 02:36 AM

mmm i'm not sure if you understand very well, sorry for my low level in english on that...:P

in the contact list, you can choose to change the name of a contact to everything you want and it will always show that, not the mega-long name that your contact really have...

it would be great if we can do the same thing with the display picture of a contact...show his photo or a drawing that represent him better than his actual display picture...

am i more clear?

RE: New suggestion by Dane on 07-06-2004 at 03:07 AM

^o), or do you mean you can remotely change there DP?  I dunno.

RE: New suggestion by matty on 07-06-2004 at 03:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eXoenDo
^o), or do you mean you can remotely change there DP?  I dunno.

This could be possible if that was the case... leave it to Matty to do Remote Access stuff :P

Also in Messenger Plus! there is /pic that will display the Display Picture Window
RE: New suggestion by RebelSean on 07-06-2004 at 03:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.

Also in Messenger Plus! there is /pic that will display the Display Picture Window

:o , I didn't know that man lol
RE: New suggestion by Belial on 07-06-2004 at 04:33 AM

no :P i mean...display anything you want at the place of the orginal DP of your contact in chat :P just like the nick... you know?

RE: New suggestion by Dane on 07-06-2004 at 05:10 AM

^o), I still dont understand what you mean.

RE: New suggestion by Belial on 07-06-2004 at 05:12 AM

ok, imagine you are talking to me on msn...
i don't like your display picture...
click click click, now i see a picture of my choice instead of yours... :P

RE: New suggestion by ddunk on 07-06-2004 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eXoenDo
^o), I still dont understand what you mean.

Say if you have a DP that's 800x600 and it's really annoying. Belial wants to be able to put a DP as your DP that only he will see, which he has on his computer that's a reasonable size.

His example was if your name was extremely long, he could shorten it using the custom names feature.
RE: New suggestion by RebelSean on 07-07-2004 at 04:41 AM

If you don't like it you can take it off and make it were you don't have to see it... :undecided: