Shoutbox

Offline Contact?!?!?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Offline Contact?!?!?! (/showthread.php?tid=28258)

Offline Contact?!?!?! by LynxSis on 07-07-2004 at 02:37 AM

Ok, my problem is simple, yet I can't figure it out. I have a new e-mail adress, and i saved all my contacts and then imported them. Now all of these contacts sign on and off regularily, except ONE. Now this once contact is my best-friend, she always is off-line, yet she messages me, and we talk but it says that this contact is offline, i've tried to fix this problem afew times, and she says she doesnt know either.

So my problem is how do i get it so that she can be shown as online, alos i cant double click her name while she is "offline" and talk to her.

Please help, Thanks.

RE: Offline Contact?!?!?! by RebelSean on 07-07-2004 at 04:02 AM

Maby the contact hasnt added you so you can talk to her?

Tell us what messenger version and msg plus version you have

And have you asked him/her if she is using Project Lithium/Messenger Discovery?? Couse there is a feature in the program that allows you to talk to your contacts  while offine...Hope this helps :D

RE: Offline Contact?!?!?! by LynxSis on 07-07-2004 at 04:10 PM

I'm using MSG Plus! 3.01.94 released June 2nd 2004.

And i dont know what this Lithium/Discovery thing is, never heard of it, but i'll look into it.

RE: Offline Contact?!?!?! by Dane on 07-07-2004 at 06:03 PM

MessengerDiscovery is a program that was reviewed here before, it has a ton of features, just a lil bit of a stability program.  But yeah...

RE: Offline Contact?!?!?! by Wabz on 07-08-2004 at 09:08 AM

Chatting offline used to be a common bug exploited by programs on Messenger.  Both of you should delete each other  and from your privacy lists and one of you should re-add each other.  This should resolve the problem

RE: Offline Contact?!?!?! by Mushroom_Man on 07-09-2004 at 02:06 AM

Tell her to try and change her server with the server changing tool (I can't remember the name, I'm sure someone can link you to it) - I had that 'bug', and changing servers fixed it.