Shoutbox

[Feature Request] formatting already written text - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Feature Request] formatting already written text (/showthread.php?tid=28275)

[Feature Request] formatting already written text by jriveragutierrez on 07-07-2004 at 07:49 AM

Hello!

I just wanted to make a suggestion about text formatting.

I like very much the new messenger plus icon over the "send" button in my chat window, but think about this situation:

"I write a long long message to my friend and when i read the message i find out it will be a good idea to write one phrase in italics. I instinctively mark the phrase (as if I was to change the format when writing in Word or so) and then I click the icon, and select 'Insert a Text Format Tag' and select italics and oops... my important text is replaced by a format tag..."

No loss at all, I just press Ctrl-Z and get my text back, but, wouldn't it be nice (nice, but i don't know if it is possible...) that my text is replaced by the format tag, my original text and the closing tag?

Think about it...

Jorge Riera Gutiérrez

RE: [Feature Request] formatting already written text by ddunk on 07-07-2004 at 07:55 AM

To do this, you can go to the beginning of the first word of your text, press CTRL+T and then go after the last word you want formatted and press CTRL+T again. CTRL+T inserts the format tag for italics (CTRL+B for bold, U for underlined and S for strike out)

There is also a formatting box similar to the CTRL+K box for color, but I cannot recall it's shortcut at the moment.

Although your suggestion is a good one and it would be helpful, currently, the way described is the only way to do it right now. Hope this helped. :)

RE: [Feature Request] formatting already written text by Choli on 07-07-2004 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jriveragutierrez
"I write a long long message to my friend and when i read the message i find out it will be a good idea to write one phrase in italics. I instinctively mark the phrase (as if I was to change the format when writing in Word or so) and then
.... and then you press Ctrl + T and that selected text will be in italics :D!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
There is also a formatting box similar to the CTRL+K box for color, but I cannot recall it's shortcut at the moment.
what do you mean?
Ctrl + B -> Bold
Ctrl + T -> Italics
Ctrl + U -> Underlined
Ctrl + S -> Stroke out
Ctrl + K -> Color
Ctrl + O -> Reset Format
Ctrl + R -> Show that bold/italic/unerlined/strike out panel inserter