Shoutbox

weird msn 6.2 popup - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: weird msn 6.2 popup (/showthread.php?tid=28283)

weird msn 6.2 popup by massacre on 07-07-2004 at 01:43 PM

hey y'all
have got this little problem, maybe someone can help.

after upgrading to msn 6.2 i keep getting this weird nasty popup, but it's not in a way that a "normal" popup would open.
it appears in the bottom of the screen, and it's like sliced from the middle. i'll include a screenshot for better understanding.
this occured on both my computers; at home and and at work. both are running msgplus v.3 too, if it's any reference.
any ideas what it could be? the messenger service from services.msc has been disabled, so it can't be that.

[Image: msn_popup.jpg]

as you can see, the popup is at the bottom of the screen, but it seems like a part of it is missing or something. one other thing, here at work it seems that the popup has some sort of msn content, but at home, it's blank and it has a crossed out icon in it, like the content file is missing or unreachable. really confusing^o)

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by Tochjo on 07-07-2004 at 01:46 PM

The MSN Messenger banner you see is the advertisement banner. You enabled the option to hide the advertisement banner, but due to a bug, it still shows up.

Currently, there is no fix for this (except not hiding the banner, which makes it look better :-/)

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by massacre on 07-07-2004 at 01:50 PM

bummer. thank you anyway :)
will be waiting for a fix for this.

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by tomfletcherman on 07-07-2004 at 06:02 PM

Mine's never done this?:S

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by RaceProUK on 07-07-2004 at 08:09 PM

Doesn't do that on mine, but mine's skinned.
Just so long as you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! installed: that usually solves problems.

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by matty on 07-07-2004 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Doesn't do that on mine, but mine's skinned.
Just so long as you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! installed: that usually solves problems.

No see even in Messenger Plus! 3 (3.01.94) sometimes this will still happen. Its because of the way Microsoft is having the banner redrawn, it is paying no attention to the size banner previous to it being redrawn and is just redrawing it to its original size.
RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by RaceProUK on 07-07-2004 at 10:30 PM

It's probably just one of those things.

Also, Matty, I believe you have the wrong quote source... should be 'massacre'

RE: weird msn 6.2 popup by matty on 07-08-2004 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Also, Matty, I believe you have the wrong quote source... should be 'massacre'

Dodgy Quick Quote, I was trying to quote your post