Shoutbox

control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? (/showthread.php?tid=28287)

control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by renio on 07-07-2004 at 02:19 PM

Howdy

wouldn't it be possible to create a plug-in/add-on so you could perform actions within Messenger (Plus!) from command line or scripts (like VBScript... by creating an object)..

an example would be to have a VBscript that can be used to change the display picture, or sending a file to somebody or such...

If a Windows Scripting Host object could connect to the API stuff (or such) maybe you could do anything from a script in Messenger (Plus!)... e.g: change status, change name, ...

Good idea ?

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-07-2004 at 02:32 PM

good idea.. :D.. but I think the right person to take this Job is Patchou... :D.. maybe we can get him to implement this into the new version of MSG Plus!, as ATM I think he is working on the "shortcut to conversation with contact" thingy, which if he does this then what U ask for is really easy to put in for him...

So Patchou will U do us the favor to implement this???? or does anyone else want to do this?

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by Tochjo on 07-07-2004 at 02:34 PM

The ability to have a scripting language in Messenger Plus! was suggested before, but Patchou rejected the idea.

You can use the search function to find older threads about this, but I think http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23665 is the most detailed one.

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by renio on 07-07-2004 at 07:04 PM

If Patchou rejects the idea and there're enough people interested in this, I guess somebody should develop an add-on / plug-in to accomplish the needs. Right?

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by Stigmata on 07-07-2004 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
shortcut to conversation with contact

microsoft have allready done it

u click on the contact in the list :refuck:
RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by CookieRevised on 07-07-2004 at 08:33 PM

Have a look at this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20715

vbscripting as a plugin....
works excellent...

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by Dempsey on 07-07-2004 at 08:35 PM

thats almost it, but i think renio wanted to access messenger stuff like changing nickname and display picture etc

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by renio on 07-07-2004 at 09:00 PM

indeed dempsey, you are on the right track :)

not an 'embedded' script thing but rather an external script that could perform numerous actions within Messenger (Plus!)

great challenge eh ? :D

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by Dempsey on 07-07-2004 at 09:02 PM

well as things currently are with the Plus! plugin API then i dont think its possible

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-07-2004 at 11:12 PM

Then U would have to create Ur own Add-on to messenger.. which I am currently working... might put this in, but not ATM... :D

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by renio on 07-08-2004 at 04:18 AM

CyberDude,

Good luck!
I'll be glad to test your work.

RE: control Messenger (Plus!) via scripting/command line? by Millenium_edition on 07-09-2004 at 11:18 AM

Gilly Messenger has scripting engine
But besides the VBScript plugin, that's as far as you can get