Shoutbox

My first job - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: My first job (/showthread.php?tid=28292)

My first job by Choli on 07-07-2004 at 04:29 PM

Hi,

Tomorrow I'll start my first job. I'll work for DS2, a company that makes (designs) chips and software to transmit data through the power line.

I'm posting this thread for 2 reasons: I'd like to know your opinion about DS2. I like the company, it seems interesting. Take a look at its web page: http://www.ds2.es (it's in english, don't worry about the .es :P) and post your opinions :)

The 2nd reason is that I'll have to work 8 hours/day and have to drive about 70 Km from my current home to where the company is, so I won't be able to spam post as often as I do now :P However, don't worry, I'll still be around here helping people and so ;)

:banana:

RE: My first job by user27089 on 07-07-2004 at 04:31 PM

lol, good luck Choli, I hope your job goes great :)

RE: My first job by fluffy_lobster on 07-07-2004 at 04:35 PM

Sweet, that's a pretty good first job (Y)

Looks like a very fascinating subject... it's exactly the kind of job I'm thinking of going into in the future.

Well all the best... hope you'll still be around at least a bit.

RE: My first job by user27089 on 07-07-2004 at 04:42 PM

my uncle owns a company called Coretec-Inc :), its along the lines of building chips...

http://www.coretec-inc.com

RE: My first job by Vazza on 07-07-2004 at 04:47 PM

Does look really intresting. Good luck and hope everything goes well ;)

RE: My first job by user27089 on 07-07-2004 at 04:56 PM

The job looks very achieving, what were the requirements for the position you took??? sorry for being nosey, its just i'd like to do something achieving with my life, and i may aswell start here!

RE: My first job by MC Inferno on 07-07-2004 at 05:40 PM

Good luck kidda (Y) I am acctuly on Work Experence right now :p

RE: My first job by lopardo on 07-07-2004 at 05:46 PM

Good luck with that, Choli, looks very interesting :)

RE: My first job by Mnjul on 07-07-2004 at 05:50 PM

Good luck Choli (Y)

The site loos quite good to me...;)

* Mnjul is glad he's still a high school student :banana: I am so young!

RE: My first job by Omar on 07-07-2004 at 06:27 PM

* Omar remembers his first job.... clerk at the Dallas D.A. Office...

memories....

Man, I need a drink :S

RE: My first job by Stigmata on 07-07-2004 at 07:07 PM

http://www.ds2.es/news/press/index.php?intCategoriaActual=11

no more jobs left

well done though looks great

RE: My first job by user27089 on 07-07-2004 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Omaaar
* Omaaar remembers his first job.... clerk at the Dallas D.A. Office...

memories....

Man, I need a drink :S
* user27089 remembers the job i never had at an imaginary office in never never land

dreams....

RE: My first job by CookieRevised on 07-07-2004 at 07:49 PM

Choli (y)... Welcome to the working class ;) ...

Congrats on your first job, make the best of it... Think of all the money you're gonna earn now ;) ;)

RE: My first job by Johnny_Mac on 07-07-2004 at 09:16 PM

Yeah, good luck man!

Also, what was everyones elses first job; those who have them. :dodgy: :refuck:

I was a baker. :grin:

RE: My first job by king_of_cool_kids on 07-07-2004 at 10:21 PM

I was a trainee at the local computer shop fixing all kinds of problems (he got to busy though so the training stopped)

Also, along with what job, say how young you were and how long :)

Im was 13 when I started. Went on for 3 months.

RE: My first job by Choli on 07-07-2004 at 10:23 PM

well, i'm going to bed, tomorrow i have to wake up early :P Thanks to all you ;) I'll tell how the new job is going :P

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
hope you'll still be around at least a bit.
count on that (Y)
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Mnjul is glad he's still a high school student  I am so young!
give time to the time.... sooner than what you expect, you'll be loking for a job as I was these last weeks ;)

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
http://www.ds2.es/news/press/index.php?intCategoriaActual=11

no more jobs left
hahaha, nah! that page has been empty for long time... I found the job thanks to the Uni (the companies tell the Uni they need people to work there and the uni tells us) In fact I'm going to work there as a grant holder/schlarship holder (i dunno the right translation for that. It's kinda an apprentice/trainee). I'll be there for 6 months. After that, they may make me another contract.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
of all the money you're gonna earn now
lol ;) Because of what i've just said, i won't earn too much money (however this company is the one that pays more money) They'll give me 720€/month... it isn't very much (i think i'll speend about 300€ in petrol for the car and the lunch) but i'm happy :D

RE: My first job by KeyStorm on 07-07-2004 at 10:26 PM

Well, congratulations Choli!! ;)

It sounds and looks amazing... ;)
It's a pity we won't see you as much as until now, but anyway, take your laptop with you and spam in the breaks :D;)

I prolly gonna create a cooperative (in order to pay less taxes :rolleyes:). Since I'm getting many website projects lately (and some big ones... :S) and it would be good to work legally ;).

RE: My first job by CookieRevised on 07-08-2004 at 12:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
In fact I'm going to work there as a grant holder/schlarship holder (i dunno the right translation for that. It's kinda an apprentice/trainee). I'll be there for 6 months. After that, they may make me another contract.
quote:
think of all the money you're gonna earn now
lol Because of what i've just said, i won't earn too much money (however this company is the one that pays more money) They'll give me 720€/month... it isn't very much (i think i'll speend about 300€ in petrol for the car and the lunch) but i'm happy
Oh... I see, yes, in Dutch it's called "een stage-contract", in English I suppose it would be "trainee-contract". Indeed no money with that if the contract is part of your education. If it is afterwards, then they must give you money, but not the full amount. So I guess 720€/month isn't bad at all for a "trainee-contract". Well done (y)

Argh... yeah, getting up early every day... that's the the thing I hate the most...

RE: My first job by azn angel on 07-08-2004 at 05:27 AM

go you!! :banana:
i havent really had an official job yet buh i have worked on occassion for my father at a petrol station if that counts

RE: My first job by Choli on 07-08-2004 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
It's a pity we won't see you as much as until now, but anyway, take your laptop with you and spam in the breaks <images/smilies/msn_grin.gif> <images/smilies/msn_wink.gif>

i don't have a laptop but i have some free time now :banana:
quote:

Argh... yeah, getting up early every day... that's the the thing I hate the most...
|-) aaahhh yeah, you're right....