Shoutbox

Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net (/showthread.php?tid=28308)

Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net by ddunk on 07-07-2004 at 08:56 PM

I checked out my inbox on gmail today and had 3 messages, all with similar messages to this:

quote:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.ly.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<cookie[at]msgplus.net>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

I know cookie@msgplus.net is a real email, but the 2 others were just from garbled characters. I've never sent an email to cookie or any other person at msgplus.net.

So 2 questions: Did cookie recieve an email from me with about 2 pages of random characters? And if not, why am i getting these messages from mailer-daemon@mail.ly.com?
RE: Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net by CookieRevised on 07-07-2004 at 09:04 PM

1) No I didn't recieve anything
2) mail@msgplus.net is down
3) If something says that you are sending out messages, you or somebody that you know (and who has your email, mine and others in his address book) are proberly infected with a virus...

RE: Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net by WDZ on 07-08-2004 at 12:44 AM

Ddunk, you you happen to have a forum or anything with your e-mail address set as the admin/sender? Because messages like that are very familiar to me... I get spammed with them all the time because of this forum's mailer. :p

RE: Emails from non-existant people at msgplus.net by ddunk on 07-08-2004 at 12:46 AM

Nope, don't run a forum myself, just my email in my sig and profile :P