Shoutbox

Background Shades on Preferences' Window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Background Shades on Preferences' Window (/showthread.php?tid=28311)

Background Shades on Preferences' Window by alemail on 07-07-2004 at 09:14 PM

I don't kwow if it is a bug of the new version, but I have discovered it just now.
Some background shades in the preferences' windows present a kind of transparency of what is in the upper left conner of the screen, if what is there changes the transparency changes too.

I send a capture of the the screen showing the problem.

Thanks, I let me tell you something you are tired of hearing: "Messenger Plus! Rules!!!". I would not use Messenger if Messenger Plus were not available.

Thanks again.

Alejandro.

Messenger Plus Version 3.01.94
Messenger Version 6.2.0137
Windows XP Professional

RE: Background Shades on Preferences' Window by Choli on 07-07-2004 at 09:59 PM

could you take a screen shot of the preferences and save if with in an image with more quality? (press Alt + Screen capture to capture only the preferences window and save it in jpg with high quality or (if you don't know how to do it) save it in bmp).

Meanwhile, answer these questions: Does that happen in other windows (either of plus, or another program)? Do you have any program yo make the windows transparent or something? Did you try to reinstall your drivers of the grafic card? btw, which one do you have and what version of drivers? Did you try to reinstall plus (being sure you install a non-modified copy of it, donwloaded directly from msgplus.net)?

RE: Background Shades on Preferences' Window by alemail on 07-08-2004 at 12:14 AM

Here the screen shot of the preferences (as I said what appears in the shadow is whatever it is in the upper left cornner of the screen).
No, the problem doesn't happen in other windows of any other program (only in the preferences of messenger plus, in all the tabs there is a botton like those that appears in the screen shot). No, I do not have any program to make windows transparente or anything like that. I didn't try to reinstall the video drivers because this is the only problem I have, and drivers are the newest. NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 - Driver Version 4.5.2.3 (28/07/03). I had reinstalled Plus (donwloaded from the official site) and the problem continues.
Thanks.

RE: Background Shades on Preferences' Window by CookieRevised on 07-08-2004 at 12:51 AM

This was reported before on the forum and the answer was that either you are low on memory resources or your display drivers aren't up to date...

RE: Background Shades on Preferences' Window by alemail on 07-08-2004 at 02:04 AM

I have solved it ... with the a newest driver. Thanks CookieRevised and Choli.