Shoutbox

MSGPLUS as a patch? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MSGPLUS as a patch? (/showthread.php?tid=28334)

MSGPLUS as a patch? by tugrussel on 07-08-2004 at 09:11 AM

Hi,
Call me a memory freak but the plus proggie running in the memory and taking "my precious 3 megs of RAM" ;) bugs me a lot. It is there even if I am not using MSN messnger so I'd like to request someone to release a patch version of PLUS which will run and close alongwith Messenger allowing me to conserve myy 128 MEM stick (I know its small but both slots occupied and notebook memory costs a lot).
Thanks
PS: Not being ungrateful or something. Its an excellent addon! Please don't flame me:(

RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by saralk on 07-08-2004 at 09:38 AM

3MB isnt really that much, i have 128MB of ram aswell, and 3MB doesnt take that much up. If memory is really that precious and scarce on ur pc, it does suggest that you have a lot of spyware taking up memory

RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by Tochjo on 07-08-2004 at 11:01 AM

You might be interested in reading Will's Launch MsgPlus Script or is it possible to remove plus from startup? :)

RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by Tochjo on 07-08-2004 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
u can't possible have 3Mb of ram... nothing would run on that. how much ram do u have?
He has 128 MB, but he's saying Plus! takes up 3 MB of those 128 MB :)
RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by Mnjul on 07-08-2004 at 11:27 AM

You should increase your Virtual Memory size. 3 megabytes don't really count, in my opinion ;)

Well, that's because I have 768 on one of my computer and 1G on the other :P

RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by KeyStorm on 07-08-2004 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
Patchou is the author of Messenger Plus!, but he won't release a "patch" version of Plus!, since patching the EXE is illegal, and patchou refuses to do anything illegal.

If Patchou released a Patch for MP! that wouldn't be illegal :refuck:

But he really means *anything* that would supervise Messenger and shutdown MP! with it.
For opening you can do a batch file that opens both and you're done.

Anyway, Mnjul is right. If you have enough space available on HD.
RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by Choli on 07-08-2004 at 01:55 PM

also you can't be suire of the real ammount to ram that a program needs to run (or is using at a moment), so that 3 Mb may not be a real number.

also, apar from what mnjul said, : what are 3 Mb compared with the 18 or more needed by messenger?

RE: MSGPLUS as a patch? by saralk on 07-08-2004 at 02:42 PM

msgplus only takes up 240kb on mine, i think it varies depending on how many plugins you have/windows open/feautres running etc...