Shoutbox

[split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) (/showthread.php?tid=28351)

RE: DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) by koo9 on 07-08-2004 at 04:02 PM

how does pathou make Windows Messenger API to work with MSN Messenger?

RE: [split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) by RaceProUK on 07-08-2004 at 08:28 PM

He doesn't do anything.

The way it works is, on machines running other than XP, MSN Messenger implements the API. On XP machines however, MSN Messenger uses the implementation code in Windows Messenger, much in the same way GameSpy Arcade uses Internet Explorer internally to access the Internet.

RE: RE: [split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) by CMI on 07-09-2004 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
He doesn't do anything.

The way it works is, on machines running other than XP, MSN Messenger implements the API. On XP machines however, MSN Messenger uses the implementation code in Windows Messenger, much in the same way GameSpy Arcade uses Internet Explorer internally to access the Internet.

Are you sure about that? I didn't do anything, and my code crashes on Windows XP with MSN Messenger 6.2 installed. Also, there are several discussions mentioning this on the msnfanatic forums (which seem to be down at the moment), and no one has claimed they have things actualy working (that I could see anyway). There were plenty of suggestions for solutions no one could confirm worked. Aparently, Patchou is the only person alive who can exert control over MSN Messenger via COM on Windows XP.
RE: [split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) by RaceProUK on 07-09-2004 at 10:42 AM

Surely he's not the only one? There is of course that plugin that enlarges your DP (can't recall the name or author atm). True though that Patchou appears to know something we don't...

RE: [split] DMessengerEvents in Messenger API (C++) by CMI on 07-09-2004 at 06:02 PM

Oops. I didn't notice that "other than XP" thing.