Shoutbox

Custom Emotions In Name? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Custom Emotions In Name? (/showthread.php?tid=28359)

Custom Emotions In Name? by LoochTheMan on 07-08-2004 at 06:46 PM

Wouldnt it be great to have your own custom emotions that you could encorperate with your name.  I know that MSN doesnt allow this, but i was wondering if there was a pluggin or an alternative that would allow you to add custom emotions in your name:clap:  Please post if you know anything about this topic.

Thank You
Looch
:cownana:

RE: Custom Emotions In Name? by leito on 07-08-2004 at 07:37 PM

When MSN (Messenger) doesn't allow something, there is no way a plugin could "overwrite" those "permissions". Since MsgPlus! is a legal addon, it only messes with what it's ok to do.

RE: Custom Emotions In Name? by Choli on 07-08-2004 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
When MSN (Messenger) doesn't allow something
you're a bit wrong, because messenger doesn't allow big DPs (for example) and you can have them....

In fact, it's the messenger protocol the one who doesn't allow that, and that's a thing way more complex to bypass :)

btw, LoochTheMan, don't post in bold and italic such long paragraphs ;)
RE: Custom Emotions In Name? by LoochTheMan on 07-09-2004 at 02:39 AM

lol sorry for posting like that...i thought it looked catchy...o well...i'll stop:(...and is their a steady answer about this thread because i just got two different answers:S

RE: Custom Emotions In Name? by Tochjo on 07-09-2004 at 08:47 AM

Simply put: it's not possible yet. Maybe it will become possible in the future, but probably not.

RE: Custom Emotions In Name? by Millenium_edition on 07-09-2004 at 11:14 AM

There are no legal ways to make it working. Besides, if it was possible it would be possible to add 140 CE's. Goodbye bandwidth