Shoutbox

Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online (/showthread.php?tid=28366)

Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online by saltybanana on 07-08-2004 at 08:39 PM

Hi.  I would like to suggest an enhancement to the personalised status feature of Messenger Plus!:  the ability to associate personalised status with the Online Messenger status.

Why, you may ask.  Well, with my laptop, I could be online in several locations throughout my day, and I would like to let folks know where I am via the personalised status and still mark myself as online and available.  That way, they could either initiate a chat w/ me or come looking for me at these locations.

What doe y'all think?

RE: Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online by GiantSpider on 07-08-2004 at 08:45 PM

You could allways do
[nick] {status} (online)

Example:

My Status:
GiantSpider {Working}  (online)

RE: Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online by saltybanana on 07-08-2004 at 08:50 PM

Can you provide me with some details as to what you mean?  If you mean changing my nickname manually, that's what I do today, and I find it inconvenient and annoying.  The personalised status feature of Messenger Plus! is what I am looking for, whereby I can select from a number of pre-defined ones, except right now I cannot associate them with the online MSN Messenger status.

RE: Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online by Tochjo on 07-08-2004 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saltybanana
If you mean changing my nickname manually, that's what I do today, and I find it inconvenient and annoying.
That's exactly what he means. There is no other way, sorry.
RE: Suggestion: Associate Personalised Status w/ Online by saltybanana on 07-08-2004 at 08:59 PM

There is no other way because it is something that is not implemented today, or is it because that is a limitation of the MSN Messenger API?  I am hoping it is the former and that my request can be incorporated into a future release of Messenger Plus!.