Shoutbox

Feature request: Overview of who's online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature request: Overview of who's online (/showthread.php?tid=28372)

Feature request: Overview of who's online by andy2kuk on 07-08-2004 at 09:38 PM

Easier to show than explain. It would be nice if this happened when you hover over the messenger system tray icon:

[Image: msg_plus_suggestion_onhover_onlinelist.gif]

Obviously looking better than my butt ugly mockup :D

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by kao on 07-08-2004 at 09:47 PM

you mean listed all online contacts? what if you have over 10 online? it'd take up your screen if you had 30+ online so no, its not a good idea if thats what you mean :undecided:

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by rompom7 on 07-09-2004 at 07:33 AM

Obviously in a smaller type size.

I think that would be great. But instead it puts up a windows XP ballon thing, with a next button so if you have over 10 people online it would just scroll to the next page

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by andy2kuk on 07-10-2004 at 10:29 PM

Maybe it could be a nice scrolling semi transparent beautiful box thing?

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by Choli on 07-10-2004 at 10:35 PM

Sorry, but I don't agree. You can have up to 150 contacts only and that (even being semi translaparent) would fill up my 800*600 monitor and also other people's one with higher resolutions.

Also, each time you'd move the mouse over the icon, Plus (or messenger or what ever) should reload the list of online people, and that would take some time.

Imo, the best thing that can be displayed in those tooltips (or ballom tips, for XP) would be the name (or better, email address) of the person how has signed in in that messenger. That would be very useful for people (like me) who have multiple instances of messenger running at the same time.

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by dotNorma on 07-10-2004 at 11:20 PM

I like the idea alot actually , I have to go the Instant Message Window Normally and its kind of annoying.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=275617]

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by Millenium_edition on 07-10-2004 at 11:25 PM

or a plugin that adds another tray icon automaticly *looks at plugin developers* *looks at TB for SPNG*

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by andy2kuk on 07-11-2004 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andy2kuk
Maybe it could be a nice scrolling semi transparent beautiful box thing?

You could have a short (user defined) delay, say 0.75 seconds, and then it starts scrolling usernames of who is online up through a box, which about twice the height of a toast.
RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by CookieRevised on 07-11-2004 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Imo, the best thing that can be displayed in those tooltips (or ballom tips, for XP) would be the name (or better, email address) of the person how has signed in in that messenger. That would be very useful for people (like me) who have multiple instances of messenger running at the same time.
(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) indeed, that's what it's crying for....

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I like the idea alot actually , I have to go the Instant Message Window Normally and its kind of annoying.
You only have to double click the icon :undecided:
(^^ also my general reply to the whole idea)

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
or a plugin that adds another tray icon automaticly *looks at plugin developers* *looks at TB for SPNG*
(Y)(Y) I like that idea (but not within SPNG, I mean, sure add it, but I also like a seperate small plugin) (ps: see, we can agree ;))

quote:
Originally posted by andy2kuk
You could have a short (user defined) delay, say 0.75 seconds, and then it starts scrolling usernames of who is online up through a box, which about twice the height of a toast.
That doesn't sound usefull at all... Again, what if you have many contacts? By the time you come to the top/bottom, I could've reformatted my PC :undecided: (a bit overreacted, but still....)

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by tomfletcherman on 07-13-2004 at 08:59 PM

Ok, what about 10 people who you usually talk to, and no one else being displayed on a customisable version? That's a fair option and would be useful if you have 10 people or maybe 15 who you talk to on a regular basis. Who cares about the other 140?!

RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by Choli on 07-13-2004 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Who cares about the other 140?!
then (if you don't care about them) delete them :banana:
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Ok, what about 10 people who you usually talk to, and no one else being displayed on a customisable version? That's a fair option and would be useful if you have 10 people or maybe 15 who you talk to on a regular basis.
i still don't agree; and let me repeat Cookie's words ;) :
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You only have to double click the icon
is that so much work? :P
RE: Feature request: Overview of who's online by .blade// on 07-13-2004 at 10:07 PM

What about a custom baloon....kind of like the custom emoticons window, accept it can scroll, with a little [X] in the corner to close, but also if you scroll off of it, the balloon would close (I will post what I mean in an image file l8r).