Shoutbox

Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? (/showthread.php?tid=28384)

Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by LoochTheMan on 07-09-2004 at 03:36 AM

I dont know, i was just wondering if a plugin could be made that would allow you to individually change the msn icon beside the name of each contact on the contact list.  It would be sort of like what they do on downloadable skins...just without the un-needed themes.

I am nowhere neer a programmer...but i think it can be done.  Ive seen the different msn icons in the msn skins previews, so i think it can be done.  The images can be loaded from your harddrive. 

Someone please post if they are able to create such a thing, or if my post in unclear. 

Thank You

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by rompom7 on 07-09-2004 at 07:34 AM

Sounds like a good idea. I can't make it tough.

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by TiMeZeRo on 07-09-2004 at 10:07 AM

That would be such a brilliant plugin if someone could make it

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by R1tjuh on 07-09-2004 at 10:34 AM

I dont think this is possible, you see, if you make a skin you replace the icon(bmp) but u cant add more icons...

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by Millenium_edition on 07-09-2004 at 11:11 AM

using win32 api it can be done i think, but don't ask me how.

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by LoochTheMan on 07-10-2004 at 12:06 AM

Thank you for considering it Blaspemer...i know you have a busy schedule and all...especially with SPNG (which i am looking forward too)...just keep me updated if yu are going to follow through with the idea(Y)

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by Millenium_edition on 07-10-2004 at 08:29 AM

add it to SPNG, would make it even better :)

RE: Idea/Thought For Plugin-Custom Icons Beside Contact's Name? by LoochTheMan on 07-11-2004 at 12:52 AM

Is there anyone that is willing to create this plugin...or should i just close the thread