Shoutbox

FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP (/showthread.php?tid=28414)

FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-09-2004 at 08:56 PM

I really dont understand this problem.

I have the newest MSN Messenger, and installed Messenger Plus about a week ago.

about 2 days ago something really strange happened.
I started up my computer, started MSN Messenger and i noticed that the Plus meny was gone... Well...
I logged in anyways and all the nicks had been changed into their Email adresses... After 1 min or so a box appears saying that Msn Plus isn't working and i get 3 choises.
1. Fix the problem bla bla
2. Fix the problem permenantly bla bla
3. Ignore

Something like that...
First time i choose nr.1
It closed down Msn and reloaded it, now the Plus meny was there. And all nicks where showing properly.

BUT
Every single time i close down MSN and open it, the same problem again... over and over. What is causing this. I tried to uninstall both Messenger plus and then MSN messenger and re-installed them. Nothing got better. PLZ HELP ME!!! :(

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by Kryptonate on 07-09-2004 at 08:59 PM

did you installed a plugin?

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by CookieRevised on 07-09-2004 at 09:00 PM

Or an addon (like SmileyCentral)?

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-09-2004 at 09:22 PM

Nope... nothing at all besides Messenger Plus

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by Sunshine on 07-09-2004 at 09:36 PM

Looks like plus isnt loading at same time as messenger. Try the following:

Plus > preferences > general options > miscellaneous
under Messenger Plus! automatic recovery options..check "force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-09-2004 at 11:27 PM

yes i have that, tryed them both... checked and un-checked

=/
=(
>=(

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 05:25 AM

When MSN Messenger is started, check your processes (in XP) and search for msmsgs.exe... (that's Windows Messenger)... tell us if it is there.....

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-10-2004 at 08:10 AM

No it's not. THen again, i deleted Windows Messenger last night, to see it that was the program that caused conflicts. But nothing got better.

Now, i noticed a weird thing. MsgPlus.exe was loaded all the time. It was started before Msn, as seen in processes. So the problem is not that it's not loaded... cause it is... GAH, I HATE MSN

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by Sunshine on 07-10-2004 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BioCode
1. Fix the problem bla bla
2. Fix the problem permenantly bla bla
3. Ignore

Try option 2, whatever it says cuz u didnt put it inhere. An yes msgplus.exe is always loaded at startup (remember i told u to check that box) cuz it looked like it didnt load at the right time (when u close msn an restart its working). Deleting Windows messenger wasnt a wise idea because MSN messenger and/or plugins use its features at times. Also if u install make sure u do that on an account with adminpriviledges (to be sure: boot into safemode then choose the account named "administrator").
RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-10-2004 at 12:53 PM

Well i forgot to mention, i tried them both =)

--- "(when u close msn an restart its working). "
Well, it don't

Well, im am the administrator so, im always logged in as admin.
What to do, what to do

If it is a conflict... Wich program could cause this... Windowblinds??? I installed that program about same time it started to trouble me (msn that is) but i don't get the connection with those 2 programs... It shouldn't cause this problem

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 01:26 PM

hmmm... although I do remember someone telling something about Windowblinds and Plus!.... But I'm not sure about what it was or who said it... All I can remember that "WindowsBlinds", "Plus!" and "problem" was in the same post :D

Try to uninstall it, and see if it works then....

Oh, and the order of processes you'll see in your taskmanager isn't the order in which they start up! (even the PID-number doesn't tell you that)...

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-10-2004 at 02:01 PM

Ok, to bad =(

Cause windowblinds is alot better than StyleXP... I just uninstalled StyleXP cause it wasn't working as it should... G'DAMNIT!!!! Can people create bugfree stuffs =)

Well, i guess i have to try uninstall windowblinds and see if the problems go away

I'll let you know, and if you come up with something else, plz tell me =)

Thanks for the help so far anyways

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by BioCode on 07-10-2004 at 03:37 PM

Ok, i UNINSTALLED WINDOWBLINDS and now MSN works as it should again...

I really don't understand WHY the 2 programs don't co-operate.
But now you know, and I know... There should be some warning on MSN and windowblinds site... =)

RE: FOR THE LOVE OF... HEEEELP by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 06:03 PM

So it was WindowBlinds... That's why I don't use it. I don't like StyleXP neither (is that expressed correctly?). I use the patched uxtheme.dll and standard visual styles and have no problems at all.