Shoutbox

Infopen Pro conflict with plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Infopen Pro conflict with plus (/showthread.php?tid=28416)

Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Bradl3y on 07-09-2004 at 09:26 PM

Is it just me or do the extra features of info pen not work with plus running?

I shut down plus and all the extra buttons appear for the handwriting, but when plus is running, handwriting works but it works with the normal old handwriting stuff.

anone know a workaround?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Choli on 07-09-2004 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bradl3y
I shut down plus and all the extra buttons appear for the handwriting, but when plus is running, handwriting works but it works with the normal old handwriting stuff.
what are those extra buttons vs. normal old handwritting? can you post a screen shot? And, btw, if you're using the handwritting plugin with plus and with that info pen, then may be conflicts....
RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Vantage on 07-09-2004 at 10:52 PM

maybe ur running another program that makes plus do that?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 10:10 AM

I installed it the other day also... it is working very fine with Plus!....
I didn't experience any kind of problem........

I closed down msn messenger completely, killed the plus process, and uninstalled the ink redistributables. After that I installed InfoPen Pro...... (so I left the handwriting plugin installed; on startup it wouldn't work of course because the ink redists weren't installed anymore,  but that doesn't matter. The point is, InfoPen Pro worked fine (together with Plus!) without any glitch....)

Helpfile for InfoPen Pro:
(this is found within the installation package, but if you want to know what it can do first, before installing, here it is)
http://members.lycos.nl/cookierevised/msn/handwriting/InfoPenMSN.chm

Screenshot of its "drawing" features:
http://members.lycos.nl/cookierevised/msn/handwri...PenPro_drawing.png

Screenshot of its "history" feature:
http://members.lycos.nl/cookierevised/msn/handwri...PenPro_history.png

(copy/paste links to new browser window)

EDIT: There is a known conflict between InfoPen Pro and the StuffPlug-NG plugin.

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-10-2004 at 10:41 AM

Does both contects need to have this installed to be able to see the drawings?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 11:30 AM

No, the drawings are just ink-messages like normal (which means your contact only has to have Messenger 6.x)....

unless (!) you include a background picture (the piece of the msn buttonbar in the screenshot). If that is the case then you are presented with three options:
1) or you send the drawing without the picture, or...
2) you send the drawing as a new whole picture (thus like you would normaly send a picture) or...
3) you send the InfoPenViewer to your contact....

Note that with InfoPen you need the executable running (just like Plus! works) before running MSN Messenger. The same goes for the InfoPenViewer....
This was also thru before, when using the first InfoPen version!...

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Mike on 07-10-2004 at 12:11 PM

I had Info Pen (i got it from mess.be) but it didnt have these options...
Are they new?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
I had Info Pen (i got it from mess.be) but it didnt have these options...
Are they new?
Threads Title: "Infopen Pro"
So, yep, there is a new InfoPen, called InfoPen Pro, read the news on mess.be for more...

;)
RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-10-2004 at 12:59 PM

Hmmm.....thats funny because i cant send any  thin - i mean i can draw and send.... but its blank...like:

Chloe Writes:

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 01:05 PM

:dodgy: please READ posts before you reply (I'm sorry but if I remember correctly we have said that many times to you already)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
unless (!) you include a background picture (the piece of the msn buttonbar in the screenshot). If that is the case then you are presented with three options:
1) or you send the drawing without the picture, or...
2) you send the drawing as a new whole picture (thus like you would normaly send a picture) or...
3) you send the InfoPenViewer to your contact....

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-10-2004 at 01:09 PM

Are you talkin to me Cooki?

when i said i cant't send a drawin' i ment i can't send any!

not even normal..and i have selected the option 1.

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 01:15 PM

(yep was talking to you)
If that is the case, then I apologize, but do state things a bit more clearly then ;)

anyways, how did you install it?
1) closed down msn messenger completely
2) kill the plus process
3) uninstall the ink redistributables
4) install InfoPen Pro
5) reboot
6) start messenger
if you did all that, then it should work...

Btw, you said you selected option 1, but if you didn't include a picture then the options-dialog will not popup in the first place. :undecided:

And if you meant that you've selected option 1 in the main-options screen (send InfoPenViewer) and also ticked "always use this method" then there shouldn't be any message send but the viewer should be sending...  :undecided:

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-10-2004 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Btw, you said you selected option 1, but if you didn't include a picture then the options-dialog will not popup in the first place

I choose it manaully!

A Little more impovement on the problem. :P

It seems that i can send the drawing! but the problem is that only i cant see it, the other person see it. (i see it blank)

quote:
anyways, how did you install it?
1) closed down msn messenger completely
2) kill the plus process
3) uninstall the ink redistributables
4) install InfoPen Pro
5) reboot
6) start messenger
if you did all that, then it should work...

Hmm.....i didn't kill Plus!

Goin to try that!

Ps. and sorry about the other post!

Edit: Didn't work.

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by BiZaRrE on 07-10-2004 at 02:13 PM

too bad it's only a 30-day trial though...
i didn't see the extra buttons either,:undecided: but when i uninstalled it, messenger wouldn't run , there was some error message (forgot what it was), but when i re-installed infopen pro messenger worked fine.

EDIT: i see the extra buttons now after restarting messenger.
EDIT2: who was the creator of the handwriting plugin? cos it was exactly like the original infopen but was completely free and was a plus! plugin, would it be possible for the creator make a free plus! plugin of infopen pro?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by MessEnGer on 07-10-2004 at 03:41 PM

Stuff plug ng and info pen has a conflict whenever open hotmail in default is chosen with  info pen installed

whenever you open somebody's chat window it keeps on opening multiple instances of firefox

big problem

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by ~INVASION~ on 07-10-2004 at 04:58 PM

Just a quick question about the handwriting plugin.

What does the convert tab do?

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-10-2004 at 06:04 PM

I have uninstalled Infopen Pro and everything works fine now!

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~

The button is ment for the Teblet PC's, its suppose to convert the drawing to text, but it dosent work in PC's.
RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 06:08 PM

This is going off topic people! Please keep it ON topic, this thread is about InfoPen Pro and how it is/isn't compatible with Plus!

The answers to the last two posts could easly be found if you searched the forums ;)

Anyways:

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
That's been asked and answered before on the forum.... anyways, it converts your handwritten text to typed text...

This isn't activated on normal PC's because the needed files aren't installed by the Handwriting plugin, Ink redistributables or InfoPen. But you can activate it though by manualy installing the needed DLL...

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
....but it dosent work in PC's.
Yes it does, you need to install another DLL (Tablet PC Handwriting Recogniser) manualy... It is on these forums somewhere...

EDIT:

the thread about the Convert Tab: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=24951
Instructions and download for the manual install of the DLL (Tablet PC Handwriting Recogniser): http://www.mongfish.com/msnmsgr/

So, from now on, back to topic please ;)
RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Varish on 07-11-2004 at 06:04 PM

Cooki, i think i have found the source of my problem. I believe it another  conflict with SPNG and Infopen Pro.

Sorry for the offf-topic post, but i had to answer this. :P

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by leven yue on 07-14-2004 at 03:56 AM

If you find that the info pen conflict with plus,you should check the three things:
1.make sure that your plus is a 3.0 or later version.
2.make sure that your info pen is the latest version,that is info pen pro.
3.if you are a win98 user, update you older infopen.

BTW,I find that the info pen pro can work well with plus 3.0 or later version.:D

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Bradl3y on 07-14-2004 at 04:00 AM

I ahve the latest version of plus and msn messenger, I uninstalled ink and shut down plus and msn messenger, checked task manager to be sure... i delete all msgplus plugins (turns out i did have handwriting plugin, jsut wasnt running becaus enot compatible with latest msn version) but all plugins are gone..

I installed infopen pro, rebooted...

Opened up MSN messenger, signed in, clicked the handwriting tab, and right away in the convorsation window without me hitting send or anything it shows "BradlEy writes:" then nothing below it. I can handwrite but i do not have any of the extra featurs. Infopen IS up next to plus on the menus. The cursor is the cursor that should be there with infopen (as opposed tot he classic crosshair handwriting cursor). No extra options, this is with plus running.

I close MSN, i terminate plus, I open msn, and all the infopen pro features are there, for some reason, when i run infopen alongside with plus, it does not work correctly

this attachment is what i see as soon as i click handwrite before even sending a message (it looks like i send one tho every time...) i show my plugins folder and running tasks and msn menu bar to show that infopen is running alongside plus.

RE: Infopen Pro conflict with plus by Bradl3y on 07-14-2004 at 04:14 AM

this attachment is what i see once i clsoe down msn, terminate plus, and open msn again (againt task manager and plugin folder displayed, and menubar to show only info pen is running no plus)