Shoutbox

Contact List Problem Unlocked. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact List Problem Unlocked. (/showthread.php?tid=28439)

Contact List Problem Unlocked. by floyd_hck on 07-10-2004 at 12:15 PM

Hi i got this problem,

Every time i log onto MSN Messenger, it gives the same alerts of the same people every time. I click accept, and it says the contact cannot be unblocked. I already have these people on my list, and they have already added me to theirs. None were blocked in the first place, and they cant see me if im online. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled both the messenger and the add on, tried without the add on...it still doesnt do anything. It started happening when i downloaded the most recent MsgPlus from the autoupdater thing that they got goin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on XP Pro.

RE: Contact List Problem Unlocked. by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 12:20 PM

This has nothing todo with Messenger Plus! though.... that it happened just then is pure coincidence...

MSN is suffering a lot of these problems lately, many people report the same problem now and then (and it doesn't matter what addon/plugin/program they installed or are running together with Messenger)... It seems that nothing much can be done...

btw: Have you tried the "unblockable" nickname trick that you'll find on some webpages? If you did, then that is proberly the problem. Because that "trick" can and often will screw up your contactlist...
If you don't know what I am talking about, then ignore this paragraph...

RE: Contact List Problem Unlocked. by serhan75 on 11-27-2005 at 12:21 PM

i have same problem.what can i do?
pls help

RE: Contact List Problem Unlocked. by RaceProUK on 11-28-2005 at 11:36 PM

The other thing to check is how many people are on your contact/allow/block lists, and trim them below 300/600/600 if necessary.