Shoutbox

Some fresh news - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Some fresh news (/showthread.php?tid=28459)

Some fresh news by Patchou on 07-10-2004 at 07:08 PM

Hello everyone,

here is a short message to let you know that I'm still alive and still working on Messenger Plus! :). It's just that I'm moving in a new home this summer and I have tons of things to do in my real life (for once ;)) because of that.

I'll be able to do some more serious work on my software in mid-August, I'm currently thinking about some sweet new features, I've fixed some bugs you've been reporting on the forum (I'll definitively have to rework the logging encryption feature), .... don't worry, you'll get version 3.10 in no time, it's just a little slower than usual.

Live long and prosper 8-|,
Patchou

RE: Some fresh news by GiantSpider on 07-10-2004 at 07:10 PM

Good to here from you. Hope your new house will be nice.
Peace out.

RE: Some fresh news by kittyangel on 07-10-2004 at 07:13 PM

Have a good time in your new home, Patchou.  I want to move to a new home too.  I have been stuck in the same house for the past 8 years.  Don't think I am that old.  I am just 18 right now. :P

RE: Some fresh news by x2zen on 07-10-2004 at 07:16 PM

Have a great time in your new house :D
I'm looking forward to 3.10 ;)

RE: Some fresh news by Dane on 07-10-2004 at 07:17 PM

Heh...Have...errr....Fun Moving between your "two worlds" (as you put it :p). Cant wait to see the new and exciting features in Messenger Plus! 3.10

RE: Some fresh news by Stigmata on 07-10-2004 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It's just that I'm moving in a new home this summer

correcting your grammer sir :)

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou/jwb
It's just that I'm moving to a new home this summer

anyway nice to hear from ya, its been a while
RE: Some fresh news by Kryptonate on 07-10-2004 at 07:29 PM

I hope you'll enjoy your new house :). Take your time with it, you deserve it :).

quote:
Live long and proposer
proposer? :p

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
quote:

correcting your grammer sir :)

quote:
It's just that I'm moving to new home this summer

:o look who's talking :p you always make mistakes at english :p.
RE: Some fresh news by s7a5 on 07-10-2004 at 07:56 PM

are u still stayin in longueil or moving in other area? :D

RE: Some fresh news by Choli on 07-10-2004 at 07:57 PM

have good time in your new house ;) and remember to look at the forums from time to time, there are still bugs waiting for you to fix them in plus 3.10 :P;)

RE: Some fresh news by user27089 on 07-10-2004 at 08:26 PM

have a nice... move ^o)... um m yea

post some pics of ur living quarters lol!!! and your current living quarters......

it'll be like war of the worlds :dodgy:

RE: Some fresh news by Patchou on 07-10-2004 at 09:58 PM

I sure will post some pics and dont worry, bugs will be fixed :). As for my new city, I'll be living in Laval from now on.

RE: Some fresh news by Chrono on 07-10-2004 at 10:01 PM

quote:
It's just that I'm moving in a new home this summer and I have tons of things to do in my real life
i hate moving :chrongue:
good to know that u are still alive.. be sure to show us ur new home :banana:
quote:
(for once )
:refuck:
RE: Some fresh news by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 10:08 PM

wiiii... well moving can be fun though... you'll find all the stuff that you were looking for in the past years :D (and then you put it "safely" away and you forget about it again :lol:)

Anyways, when is the big housewarming-party (or how do you call it)? :p

RE: Some fresh news by wj on 07-10-2004 at 11:16 PM

I'm working on the server move :-P

Hopefully I'll have alot let fires this week at work so i'll be able to get more done on it.

RE: Some fresh news by Dr4g0n on 07-10-2004 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe

quote:

correcting your grammer sir

quote:

It's just that I'm moving to a new home this summer

Says you, you cannot even spell wannabe. :p
Also it's spelt: grammar! :D

(:dodgy: @ Time being a grammar nerd on IRC)
RE: Some fresh news by theguy on 07-11-2004 at 12:17 AM

Stop arguing, do so in T&T!

Anyway, Patchou, good luck on the move. Hope nothing breaks on the way, and that the movers know what they're doing.

theguy
Self-proclaimed person

RE: Some fresh news by Pipish on 07-11-2004 at 02:31 AM

wow kool moving house that sounds fun :D and cant wait for 3.10

RE: Some fresh news by RebelSean on 07-11-2004 at 04:15 AM

Have a nice move Patchou!

Hope your new house is as better as your current one!

I cant wait till ya release Messenger Plus 3.10! Good Luck with it! Hope it is more awesome than the one you have out now!

RE: Some fresh news by lopardo on 07-11-2004 at 07:35 AM

Great news Patchou! :banana:

Good luck with your moving :)

RE: Some fresh news by Guido on 07-11-2004 at 09:51 AM

:o new city?

Well, be sure to post pics of the moving process and how it progresses

full current house -> empty current house -> empty new house -> full new house

that kind of stuff :P

RE: Some fresh news by CookieRevised on 07-11-2004 at 04:46 PM

You know what would be funny? A timelapsed video, pointed at the biggest room in the old house, every x minutes a sshot, and we see how it gets emptied, then some footage/flashes of driving thru Canada to the new house, and then again timelapsed footage of the biggest room in the new house. All this with a happy tune underneath it, and to end a scene where you go from the timelaps to normal speed video and we see Patchou working again on his PC :P
Ending titles begins with zooming in on a Plus! logo on his monitor, logo becomes full screen on the video and a nice banner is shown: "Plus! 3.10 coming your way"...

of course, funny stuff can happen in the fast playing part (droping stuff, bumping into a wall or something or Plus!Babe screaming "oh nos, we forgot Patchou" and Fraisie looks at her watch and looks for him and finds him in the emptied bathroom doing Patate Spears and pointing her finger to Patchou saying "come on dude, let's move already") <= or all this in the sweeptakes at the end titles as sort of flashes/bloopers...

:lol:

RE: Some fresh news by Kryptonate on 07-11-2004 at 04:51 PM

:lol:, yeah, would like to see that :P. Perhaps with Plusn6 in the background :D.

RE: Some fresh news by Varish on 07-11-2004 at 04:53 PM

Or maybe you could creat a 360° Picture of both houses when its befoer and after the shift! like the one i did here.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25631&page=3

oh, and good luck with all the work....

RE: Some fresh news by Choli on 07-11-2004 at 08:13 PM

:lol: @ Cookie

haha, yeah, that'd be a great video :D

RE: RE: Some fresh news by Guido on 07-11-2004 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You know what would be funny? A timelapsed video, pointed at the biggest room in the old house, every x minutes a sshot, and we see how it gets emptied, then some footage/flashes of driving thru Canada to the new house, and then again timelapsed footage of the biggest room in the new house. All this with a happy tune underneath it, and to end a scene where you go from the timelaps to normal speed video and we see Patchou working again on his PC :P
Ending titles begins with zooming in on a Plus! logo on his monitor, logo becomes full screen on the video and a nice banner is shown: "Plus! 3.10 coming your way"...

of course, funny stuff can happen in the fast playing part (droping stuff, bumping into a wall or something or Plus!Babe screaming "oh nos, we forgot Patchou" and Fraisie looks at her watch and looks for him and finds him in the emptied bathroom doing Patate Spears and pointing her finger to Patchou saying "come on dude, let's move already") <= or all this in the sweeptakes at the end titles as sort of flashes/bloopers...

great! i then would encode it and put it on msgplus.net :banana:
RE: Some fresh news by toddy on 07-11-2004 at 09:13 PM

hope the move goes well Patchou

RE: Some fresh news by KeyStorm on 07-11-2004 at 09:26 PM

As long as you don't have a grand piano there's no much problem in moving. (Such a piano does take 5 men and an afternoon to unmount, pack, re-pack, take to the truck, load, drive, unload, take to the new place, mount an elevator, load it upstairs, unmount the elvator, unpack, re-unpack, mount and tune.
I've worked for a transport company (or wth the right english words are) and that's tough :P

In a weekend you should be done with moving, packing and unpacking may take a whole week, if you have other things to do (like coding MP! or viewing anime :grin:)

GL and HF with your moving. :)

RE: Some fresh news by Patchou on 07-12-2004 at 12:24 AM

lol... well, I would do that, if only I was not moving just 35 minutes from where I am right now ;). The video would be pretty short and anyway, I'm not good as those kind of thigns (as you already all know :p).

I have only one hope and it is to get my house before the holidays, else, I'll have to wait another 3 weeks in the street (blah).

RE: Some fresh news by Joe on 07-12-2004 at 12:28 AM

hope ur ready in time Patch;)

RE: Some fresh news by ipab on 07-12-2004 at 01:13 AM

quote:
I'm not good as those kind of thigns (as you already all know :p).

seemed pretty good in patate spears, patch lol :lol:

btw happy moving
RE: Some fresh news by Guido on 07-12-2004 at 03:47 AM

You are not good at those kind of things? C'mon, I've seen your editing skills in practice! :gfdrin:

RE: Some fresh news by Mippo on 07-17-2004 at 01:33 PM

Cool! :banana:

Good luck moving, hopefully nothing will break (especially no (hard)disks with Plus! source on it :P) and I hope you'll have a good time in your new home! :)

RE: Some fresh news by reisyboy on 07-17-2004 at 02:36 PM

YAY new version :), ahh good luck moving Patchou hope you dont leave anything behind lol :)

RE: Some fresh news by user27089 on 07-26-2004 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
correcting your grammer sir
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata/traxor
correcting your grammar sir
keep up the good work patchou! Hope your new house is wicked!

RE: Some fresh news by anand on 09-05-2004 at 03:55 AM

What is launch date for new version? This thread is for some fresh news but it seems a month old news now. No announcement till now...

RE: Some fresh news by lopardo on 09-05-2004 at 04:01 AM

In mid-September.

RE: Some fresh news by Stijn on 09-05-2004 at 01:00 PM

that's late sort of any way there isn't any "new" news realy!

RE: Some fresh news by lopardo on 09-05-2004 at 01:42 PM

Be patient, making and testing software takes time, and more when you want to make high quality software like Plus :)

RE: Some fresh news by jren207 on 09-06-2004 at 01:11 AM

Patchou isn't dead lol :P

Nice to hear from ya, been such a while since u posted something like this...

RE: Some fresh news by bach_m on 09-06-2004 at 01:15 AM

its been a while since he posted this, even....

RE: Some fresh news by SlimShady on 09-16-2004 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Hello everyone,

here is a short message to let you know that I'm still alive and still working on Messenger Plus! :). It's just that I'm moving in a new home this summer and I have tons of things to do in my real life (for once ;)) because of that.

I'll be able to do some more serious work on my software in mid-August, I'm currently thinking about some sweet new features, I've fixed some bugs you've been reporting on the forum (I'll definitively have to rework the logging encryption feature), .... don't worry, you'll get version 3.10 in no time, it's just a little slower than usual.

Live long and prosper 8-|,
Patchou

I would like to know what the status is of v3.10
But it doesn't matter.
Messenger Plus is already perfect.
RE: Some fresh news by Tochjo on 09-16-2004 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SlimShady
I would like to know what the status is of v3.10
Take a look at Messenger Plus! 3.20 Announcement (and New version label if you wish).
RE: Some fresh news by BEWARE^^ on 09-16-2004 at 06:07 PM

and Messenger Plus 3.20 comes out sunday the 19th sept so make sure you'll be there when it's releasing